• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultron87

It's all the rage!

kUJUS.jpg

Hero just beat DRG

Code A Qualifiers
oGsJ
lOvShinyStar
GuMiho
Tails
Yoda
IMHappy
oGsHero

Notables Out:
PuMa
cArn
Maka
GanZi
Naya
TheStC
qxc
True
Junwi
Seed
Gambler
DongRaeGu

Another round of qualifiers start soonish 8 more spots available

info thanks to TL

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
pieatorium said:
Hero just beat DRG

Code A Qualifiers
oGsJ
lOvShinyStar
GuMiho
Tails
Yoda
IMHappy
oGsHero

Notables Out:
PuMa
cArn
Maka
GanZi
Naya
TheStC
qxc
True
Junwi
Seed
Gambler
DongRaeGu

Another round of qualifiers start soonish 8 more spots available

info thanks to TL

check the GSL thread :p

zoukka

Tntnnbltn said:
Balanced!

The spells are the only useful thing on Mothership. Buffing her attack wouldn't make her OP if the other stats stayed the same. Tinker with the shields and hull and then you risk making stuff broken. (obviously the 7 VR beams would be broken)

Zerg needs a one time only planetary fortress. Hive can be upgraded to Overmind only once :b

What's the best and easiest Zerg all-in vs. Protoss in general? I need something for when I'm piss drunk or just pissed off. Some kind of roach rush, I guess, or early pool zealot-molesting shenanigans? Silver here, so simple stuff.

zlatko

Banned
slidewinder said:
What's the best and easiest Zerg all-in vs. Protoss in general? I need something for when I'm piss drunk or just pissed off. Some kind of roach rush, I guess, or early pool zealot-molesting shenanigans? Silver here, so simple stuff.

Google up 7 roach rush all in.

Code A is so stupid. If you don't get in, you have next to nothing to do for a long period of time. Demand must really be low for them not to expand it, or make it last longer.

Sblargh

Banned
After months, I want to get back into this game. Are there still low level people playing or everyone is awesome and I'll only get my ass kicked?

Thanks, guys, will read up. 6/7 pool's too micro heavy when I'm drunk.
Sblargh said:
After months, I want to get back into this game. Are there still low level people playing or everyone is awesome and I'll only get my ass kicked?
TONS of them (well, "us"). One of the best things about the game: there is a huge range of skill out there, from "what does this do" on up.

zoukka

Pandaman said:
push more buttons in the same amount of time = get out of plat.

Pfft just scout well and learn what compositions work against what you see. You'll be in Diamond with 10 apm.

Or you can just learn one cheese and be grandmasters in week with enough apm.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zoukka said:
Pfft just scout well and learn what compositions work against what you see. You'll be in Diamond with 10 apm.
yea, but thats hard. you need to learn and stuff.

pushing more buttons is the easy way out of plat because atleast at that point, you should be starting to transition meaningless spam into useful actions.

jasonng

Just had a really weird game on ladder against a Terran. It was close ground positions on shattered temple and he goes for a 11 command center. Yep, he walls off with that 11 CC with a 11 rax. I'm thinking this guy is fucking baller and preceded to compliment him. He never lifts that CC off, instead just morphs it into an orbital and fast techs to Thors. He builds ANOTHER CC (turned planetary) in his natural and just 2 bases for the rest of the game.

I had 4 more bases and ovies spewing puke all over the place by the time he tried to get his third. He was a serious letdown, I was hoping for some TLO shit.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
nothing worse than thinking your opponent is good and having them prove you painfully wrong.

its like 'oh i have to pay attention? be serious? go all o- oh. nope. :('

For anyone that just watched Lalush vs Huk on Shakuras, I'll ask this here too, because I can't think of anything.

What is Zerg supposed to do in those circumstances (Brood Lord, Hydra, Infestor late game) when they can't hold expansions against DT harass? It's not like spines and spores can do much against 3/3/3 DTs.

Pandaman said:
nothing worse than thinking your opponent is good and having them prove you painfully wrong.

its like 'oh i have to pay attention? be serious? go all o- oh. nope. :('

that really is a horrible proposition. I am so sorry you have to go through that :|

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
mescalineeyes said:
that really is a horrible proposition. I am so sorry you have to go through that :|
i know.

you're like 'oh man, this guy has insane macro! so many units, my hold is so hard an- oh. 22 workers.

zoukka

ShallNoiseUpon said:
For anyone that just watched Lalush vs Huk on Shakuras, I'll ask this here too, because I can't think of anything.

Leave a few 3/3 roaches there.

i know.

you're like 'oh man, this guy has insane macro! so many units, my hold is so hard an- oh. 22 workers.

So you had to face an all-in? Poor guy.

Dooraven

Well Pro protosses seem to have bounced back significantly with loads of Code A protosses qualifying and Dreamhack being protoss heavy going into round 16.

cdyhybrid

Dooraven said:
Well Pro protosses seem to have bounced back significantly with loads of Code A protosses qualifying and Dreamhack being protoss heavy going into round 16.

So basically Protoss OP is what you're saying.

Gritesh

Anyone know how long it takes to get down ranked?

I played the game when it came out 1v1 and I was placed into Gold, I suck terribly and have lost the last 13 or so games in a row, I am way over classed and always playing against "Favored" opponents, it's not fun. In fact it's really lame and makes me not want to continue to play the game.

So how many do I have to lose before I am down-ranked?

Sblargh

Banned
Ok, speedlots still > terran. I might give the ladder a try now.

Edit: Chargelots, I guess. I don't even remember the terminology. But I surprisingly remember to keep probe production always up; this one game against a bronze player, he kills 21 of my workes with bullshit terran harass and I never had less workers than him.

Edit 2: Oh, and it seems we are on a new season. Cool, maybe I get a low spot and can smurf a little while getting the hang of the game again.

BigAT

Gritesh said:
Anyone know how long it takes to get down ranked?

I played the game when it came out 1v1 and I was placed into Gold, I suck terribly and have lost the last 13 or so games in a row, I am way over classed and always playing against "Favored" opponents, it's not fun. In fact it's really lame and makes me not want to continue to play the game.

So how many do I have to lose before I am down-ranked?
If it's anything like getting promoted, you might actually have to win some games before you get down-ranked. The system won't move you until it has an accurate idea of where you deserve to be and it can't establish that until you start winning against opponents of your appropriate level. Even if you don't get demoted from your division, you should know that you'll be getting placed against lower rated MMR players regardless of what your division is.

Sblargh

Banned
BigAT said:
If it's anything like getting promoted, you might actually have to win some games before you get down-ranked. The system won't move you until it has an accurate idea of where you deserve to be and it can't establish that until you start winning against opponents of your appropriate level. Even if you don't get demoted from your division, you should know that you'll be getting placed against lower rated MMR players regardless of what your division is.

This. You're fighting worse people even if you're not actually ranked lower. Ranks, in the end, has the function so other people can quickly see kind of where your skill level is, but what decides who you fight is another system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom