• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

Am I the only one that thinks the Blizzard-created maps that have been added to the map pool are pretty much shit? The only new one I like is Tal'Darim and that wasn't created by them.

BigAT said:
Am I the only one that thinks the Blizzard-created maps that have been added to the map pool are pretty much shit? The only new one I like is Tal'Darim and that wasn't created by them.

Yeah, I think the second group they added was fairly bad, except for the changes to Shakuras and Shattered Temple.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
BigAT said:
typhoon isnt terrible and shattered/meta mlg versions are ace.

Pandaman said:

I think Typhon is one of the only maps I have a losing record on, but that's probably because I always think that pushing through the backdoor rocks with a bunch of roaches is a good idea. Then the protoss usually just attacks with 2 sentries and a colossus and kills all my roaches.

Holden

Pandaman said:

blizzard is doing fine cause they need to do shit for casual players.
its just tournaments who need to use MLG maps *cough*mrmister*cough*

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
mescalineeyes said:
narrow chokes in zvp are still fucking painful.
open natural is good for roach burrow allins though.
you have to pick your fights in a few key areas, yea. but its good for high mobility harass too. having maps as zerg favoured as close spawns slag is t/p favoured is just as bad as having close spawns slag.

BigAT

Yeah, I forgot about Shattered but I love that as well. It's kind of hard to consider it a new map though since it's just a revision of Lost Temple.

Pandaman said:
you have to pick your fights in a few key areas, yea. but its good for high mobility harass too. having maps as zerg favoured as close spawns slag is t/p favoured is just as bad as having close spawns slag.

absolutely. I tend to prefer muta ling/bling on those maps supported by a shitton of spines.
but yeah, good call.

WedgeX

Banned
Home sick from work, but being salaried I can just make it up later this week!

In the mean time, if anyone wants to beat up on a gold Terran, now is your chance! Shoot me a pm or catch me on the neogaf channel.

WedgeX said:
Home sick from work, but being salaried I can just make it up later this week!

In the mean time, if anyone wants to beat up on a gold Terran, now is your chance! Shoot me a pm or catch me on the neogaf channel.

You're not on.

jasonng

When does Season 3 start? My goal of reaching diamond by the end of season 2 seems very slim now.

Sblargh said:
Any one of these new maps favour air play? I want to know what to veto.
Mass void rays still work in diamond?

Sblargh

Banned
jasonng said:
When does Season 3 start? My goal of reaching diamond by the end of season 2 seems very slim now.

Mass void rays still work in diamond?

They don't, banshees still gets me tho and I'm convinced it always will. Trying to avoid that.
I'm not a pro, I wish I could play a "no banshee" custom ladder.

Edit: Man, I'm back to SC2 has been 2 days and already complaining about banshees. *sigh* it's a curse.

cdyhybrid

New maps look mostly awful. Looking forward to having to take a third across the map so I don't get all my drones killed by siege tanks at the opponent's third -_-

a176

Banned
A7F0MWISSEGD1308247987366.jpg

wheres my third, blizzard?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Trickster said:
One of blizzards new shitty maps
Where... do I go and take my third?

Yoshichan

NFFO7QTNJFI71308247994809.jpg

WTF KIND OF MAP IS THIS????

BigAT

Yoshichan said:
http://us.media1.battle.net/cms/gallery/NFFO7QTNJFI71308247994809.jpg[IMG]

WTF KIND OF MAP IS THIS????[/QUOTE]
Typhon Peaks and Backwater Gulch had a drunken fuckfest one night and this is their Fetal Alcohol Syndrome baby.

Yoshichan

BigAT said:
Typhon Peaks and Backwater Gulch had a drunken fuckfest one night and this is their Fetal Alcohol Syndrome baby.
I voted away both Typhon Peaks and Backwater Gulch... so I wouldn't know ._.

Keikaku

Alright, given the general consensus from SC2-GAf on Mumble, I'll be taking over managing the Summer Invitational tournament. Reposting from the other 2 threads:

I want to get games started this Saturday so, with that in mind, I need the following confirmations by Thursday:
- Corran: You're our official streamer. Are you still available?
- Casters: Jasonng and Hazard are the primary casting pair, with Panda and Splinter taking secondary casting duty.

Prize Pool
Overall Winner
- I am contributing a choice of either 2 t-shirts or 1 hoodie from The Handsome Nerd
- Any and all cash donations will be split according to the following ratio: 50(1st) - 35(2nd) - 15(3rd)
- If you are willing to contribute to the prize pool, either with money or swag, PM and let me know.

EDIT
The Summer Invitational Thread
The SI Registration Thread *Currently full for registered players*

Normal map 1 : 8 Blue mineral bases 4 Gold
Normal Map 2: 10 Blue Mineral bases 2 Gold
Rush Map : 12 Blue mineral bases 2 Gold
Macro Map: 12 Blue mineral bases 2 Gold

Yoshichan

I'm playing a 1v1 right now and his loading bar isn't moving... it's been like this for a whole minute now. What do I do? I don't wanna risk getting a loss if I alt+f4 ._.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Yoshichan said:
I'm playing a 1v1 right now and his loading bar isn't moving... it's been like this for a whole minute now. What do I do? I don't wanna risk getting a loss if I alt+f4 ._.
wait, he'll time out.

Yoshichan

And theeeeeeeeere's my first hit on this keyboard.

Fucking TvT sucks so much dick it's not even funny.

TvT should be called SvS, siege tanks vs siege tanks. Who wins? THE ONE WITH MOST FACTORIES, OFC!

I was dropping all over the place as if I was Bomber to abuse his immobility... do you think he gives a shit? A click 50 siege tanks into my expos, gg

piece of shit game, I'm off to BW. You know, the game that actually REQUIRES skill?

Keikaku said:
Alright, given the general consensus from SC2-GAf on Mumble, I'll be taking over managing the Summer Invitational tournament. Reposting from the other 2 threads:

I want to get games started this Saturday so, with that in mind, I need the following confirmations by Thursday:
- Corran: You're our official streamer. Are you still available?
- Casters: Jasonng and Hazard are the primary casting pair, with Panda and Splinter taking secondary casting duty.

Prize Pool
Overall Winner
- I am contributing a choice of either 2 t-shirts or 1 hoodie from The Handsome Nerd
- Any and all cash donations will be split according to the following ratio: 50(1st) - 35(2nd) - 15(3rd)
- If you are willing to contribute to the prize pool, either with money or swag, PM and let me know.

EDIT
The Summer Invitational Thread
The SI Registration Thread *Currently full for registered players*

I hope this isn't taken the wrong way but what is happening with the map pool? The original set of maps was pretty bad, so will there be any changes?

I haven't played in almost a month (too much pro SC2 to watch) so i better start playing. When i saw this was delayed i thought i had more time to be slack but i guess i better stop now lol.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
AdventureRacing said:
I hope this isn't taken the wrong way but what is happening with the map pool? The original set of maps was pretty bad, so will there be any changes?

I haven't played in almost a month (too much pro SC2 to watch) so i better start playing. When i saw this was delayed i thought i had more time to be slack but i guess i better stop now lol.
changes will be made.

Holden

AdventureRacing said:

ya pretty sure keikaku said that hes gonna remove the bad maps ( junkyard ) and gonna put the GSL maps including GSL metal, GSL shattered. So the map pool is gonna be alot better.

Haunted

I like how all of the new 1v1 maps are 4 player maps. And 2 have really short distances, and 3 have tough to take thirds.

I'd much rather have more Crossfire-style setups - a 2 player map with respectable rush distance.

The mapmaking community is doing so much better than the official mapmakers at Blizzard. Not only in balance, but also aesthetics. Nothing like Dual Sight, Belshir Beach or The Eighteenth in the Blizzard map pool.

Keikaku

AdventureRacing said:

Yes. Tentative new map pool is:
- MLG Xel'naga Caverns
- MLG Metalopolis
- MLG Typhon Peaks
- MLG Terminus RE
- MLG Shakuras Plateau
- GSL Crevasse
- GSL Taldarim Altar
- GSL Dual Sight
- GSL Belshir Beach

Each player will get 1 veto.

Jeff-DSA

Ok guys, I'm at my wit's end and I need help. I can't beat Zerg opponents. My win rate against Zerg has to be like 10% over the last month or so. I just can't handle the matchup. I have a very high win rate against both Terran and Protoss, but Zerg owns me up and down.

If I pressure early, I never seem to get enough done, so I fall back, try to stabilize, and keep an eye on what they're doing. It seems no matter what I do, however, Infestors just ruin me. The way they root units in place with fungal growth is criminal. I've tried going Ghosts, but it hasn't been enough. It seems that if I don't end the game in early or mid game, I'm done for once those Infestors get out.

halp

Keikaku

Jeff-DSA said:
Ok guys, I'm at my wit's end and I need help. I can't beat Zerg opponents. My win rate against Zerg has to be like 10% over the last month or so. I just can't handle the matchup. I have a very high win rate against both Terran and Protoss, but Zerg owns me up and down.

If I pressure early, I never seem to get enough done, so I fall back, try to stabilize, and keep an eye on what they're doing. It seems no matter what I do, however, Infestors just ruin me. The way they root units in place with fungal growth is criminal. I've tried going Ghosts, but it hasn't been enough. It seems that if I don't end the game in early or mid game, I'm done for once those Infestors get out.

halp

Can you get on Mumble? I don't mind being your practice partner and I'm a Gold Zerg, so I'm at your level I believe.

Yoshichan

9 wins in a row... then all of a sudden 3 losses in a row.

So frustrated right now
Jeff-DSA said:
post replay!!!

Jeff-DSA

Keikaku said:
Can you get on Mumble? I don't mind being your practice partner and I'm a Gold Zerg, so I'm at your level I believe.

I'm installing Mumble now. I gotta meet up with a friend in about 20 minutes to go work out, but definitely later this week I'm down for practicing. All my friends play Protoss, so I never get any Zerg practice.

Keikaku

Jeff-DSA said:
I'm installing Mumble now. I gotta meet up with a friend in about 20 minutes to go work out, but definitely later this week I'm down for practicing. All my friends play Protoss, so I never get any Zerg practice.

Alright. I should be free Wednesday onwards.

Yoshichan

Seriously. How the fuck is a toss supposed to defend a Terran all in 6 rax. Fucking retarded. Someone tell me. I scout it, cut probes, drop a ton of gates, get a sentry out, it doesn't matter. sooner or later they get up the ramp and fuck your shit up.

Q8D3vil

MisterAnderson said:
Seriously. How the fuck is a toss supposed to defend a Terran all in 6 rax. Fucking retarded. Someone tell me. I scout it, cut probes, drop a ton of gates, get a sentry out, it doesn't matter. sooner or later they get up the ramp and fuck your shit up.
narrow the ramp with forge and a pylon then get a cannon up and only produce stalker.
get 1 sentry to cut the army in half if he committed on going up the ramp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom