• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
DurielBlack said:
I wish this was on TV. My internet connection is junk and live video is just a slide show.
I wish a TV channel would air this stuff. Years ago when I lived with my parents, we had some sort of gaming channel (not g4/spike) which air tournaments and other gaming stuff, they were old/never live but still fun to watch on a HD TV.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Jokab said:
2z8sw2u.jpg

Idra swinging right back into the game.:lol

fuck me. who was this gaignst?
Pyke Presco said:
Anyone looking for a restream if Octoshape ruins your caps, we have a restream on TL:
http://www.teamliquid.net/video/userstream.php?user=Rigid
Not as good quality as Bowdy's restream yesterday, but hey, it's not octoshape.

EDIT: Slasher, I apologize in advance for providing these restreams, but for people with low bandwidth caps for the month (like myself), programs like Octoshape can eat through a third of it in the course of a weekend.

def should be ok, Australia does not have ANY unlimited internet connections.. so programs like Octoshape can fuck most of us over when say 30gig a month is quite expensibe.

Snow said:
Is it me, or have they turned off the sharpning filter on the MLG stream? Looks way better today.

I feel like such a nerd, but him going to use his full old name makes me so happy. The old master that left the arena, came back under a different name and now has identified himself with his full title again.

I'm super curious how all these old-school BW pros will manage in SC2 in general. The mostly seemed to floated out of the BW pro scene because they didn't have the raw speed and mechanical execution to keep up. But SC2 seems a bit less demanding in those regards, plus it is a young game so creative and innovative play seems to be rewarded more for now. Very curious how they will do.

Dont feel bad! it's an excifint time to have teh boxer baek!~

Won said:
Idra is so boring. :(

SO boring
BUT SO SAFE
its why plays like proxy void ray in the GSL worked agaisntr him, i geel bad that he doesmnt have the team mates in korea to help him hone his skills in reagards to such madness.

He practices on ladder alot and plays a fuckload against who ever he can, but without other GSL pros to really grind against It seems that he's always left a TOUCH behind in madness.

(madness seems to come wil GSTHL KPFGLAYU)
PALAUGY?
PLAYGUUUU

Moussi said:
u guys must not play zerg then. As a zerg player I started to appreciate him more when I started to dabble in zerg.

God yes, I tried Zerg and it just has so many things going on early on (yes I know the pro's are all "theres no options!!!!" I don't mean options, I just mean things to do, macro related, so many things to manage, and IdrA really has it down to an art form, he knows THE BEST builds for the early game to get the most out of zerg in the mid to late gaEM

ShallNoiseUpon said:

his show, the weapon of choice that airs live on sunday nights, is wonderful, theyre only high platinum, BUT they have a big involvement in the esports sceene, and his views might not be as insifguth ful as say Day9 , but his overall view in regards to the scene, and the outcome of situations is wonderful.

i recomcebds eveyrone have a listen to weapon of choice, even if its just in the background, its just a well rounded discussion on sc2 in general, and hey, he's the bloke that broke the news that torch was in talks with GSL to improve their prices (and then they did!), so who can hate

ShallNoiseUpon said:
Kiwikaki, you're very good at making cannons.

A useful talent toi have.

buQHw.png

yeh fpafpa
fapfap
usea said:
Wow, idra being sort of humble in the interview?

I think it was tastosis that spoke about this recently, IdrA has become SO media friendly in recent months, He is very capable of holding his team up when it comes to an interview, even if he has lost horribly, his interview skills are really improbing, and its great to see
perryfarrell said:
w00t neogaf shout out by Djwheat

Gosh darn! <3
Accidentus said:
So this Idra guy's pretty good.

he has a solid damn play!
(currently being told Select sings korean Opera in the MLG stream! go son go! )
Mystery said:
"And HuK went with a 5 gate all in.... because he's HuK." - Greg 'IdrA' Fields

IdrA seems to have a massive FUCKING problem with players like HuK and MoRRow who are very able to use the most simple openings/plays (4/5gateway / 3rax) If you cannot dedend these situations, they ARE better than you IdrA.

That goes to most people, I don't care if you think it's Cheese. Yes it's shit. but if they can beat you with it. They ARE BETTER THAN YOU. (obv this doesnt mean if they beat you once out of 10 games they're your pwnerer) but if theyre able to beat you 7/10 times with a proxy pylon or rush, they are better than you. These plays are beatable, just not by you, because they are better. (note not better overall, but this one play they have, is better than what you can handle at this current moment. IE beat this shit or they'll keep doing it against you)
rsam87 said:
Haha Huk has evolved far past the point when he used to go all-in one base.

goes on the previous IdrA comments. IdrA seems to be stuck in the view that Huk is this one way play player. HuK has come far past that, he still uses that ALOT. but that is because he has it going on perfectly. He is well capable of other plays, and I hope his smack talk is just that in the State of the Game podcasts + other interviews, and not aroggance

(i've been fairly negative on idra in parts in this post, I just want to say, IdrA is an AMAZING player, he's so fucking solid that 95% of players whom play a straight game against him WILL be in trouble.)

elrechazao said:
tlo would like a word with you
lol, yeah, I think theres a good argument for both sides (poor quoting I know, basic argument = TLO or IdrA being best Non Korean)

TLO is AMAZINg in his play.

he can come up with anything from nothing.

IdrA is amazing in that he can play 100% almost better than no one.
cubicle47b said:
The MLG casters are doing shout-outs to major web communities. It's a good way to drum up interest.

or a good way to let GAF know how awesome it is <3

OK seems i've ran out of posts to quote... Back to nony vs Select. I'd love to see nony win this. Having heard the last state of the game, and Incontrol actually being SO upset for nony and his timing of becoming great at sc1, He does deserve some "omg hes so good!"

*nods his head.. and drinks more bourbon*

And were off to the deciding game, I'm rooting for Tyler but with the way this has been going I wouldn't be surprised if Select can pull off a win.

HolyCheck

Slelceter takes out Nony!

far out

Really impressed with Nnoy, ibe not seen much of ngim play but i hear a lot of him on state of the game + other shit, he's very intelligent. so this was great.

selevct is one of those guys that got famous from idra BM'ing him right? like masq.

i was impressed.. but nothing OHKMDEG!!!

Accidentus

Neo Member
Select is known because he's been #1 on ladder quite a few times now. I don't remember Idra BM'ing him, but it's entirely possible since he's Terran.

HolyCheck

SonicX_Zero said:
Syth are you like half-awake? lol

Well the phoenix didn't work out for Tyler in this one, time for me to sleep, its already 4am.:lol

jsut HOt home an horu ogt!

i relaly enohouned pheonix play, dont see enoguhb of it at this level.

taking out the mule made me giggle.
Can't believe you're still up, where bouts are you with the 4am time zone? didn't know anywhere in SEA was 3 hours behind us here in ACST as I know japans like 30 minutes behind.. and korea 1.5 during day light savings.

HolyCheck

Accidentus said:
Select is known because he's been #1 on ladder quite a few times now. I don't remember Idra BM'ing him, but it's entirely possible since he's Terran.

AH!

I heard he was a korean living in that ladder regeion (same withAllaBoutYou) [whom I havent seen at any tourneys!!!]

my talk there (3 lines above) about the ladder remnds me, Icant ufcking WAIT for GSL next year, the monts where the top 200 of each region play off for a spot in a 16or was it 32 spot tournament, will be fucking ACE. I hope its for a decnet prize pool ($50,000 + ) as it would be amazing to see some of the western names (particular for myself the SEA players) get over there and hopefully do well (not that we havent had success over there!)

pew pew

HolyCheck

also

is it only 2 hours left on the MLG stream?

i cant find a link to the brackets within 1 click.. help ? ##^^

is it worth buying hte HQ stream for the finals? how good is it compared ot the free stream (I mean is it OMG 1080P AVATAR 3D BOOBIES worth? or is it just heh lol titty wang?)

Corran Horn

Syth_Blade22 said:
also

is it only 2 hours left on the MLG stream?

i cant find a link to the brackets within 1 click.. help ? ##^^

is it worth buying hte HQ stream for the finals? how good is it compared ot the free stream (I mean is it OMG 1080P AVATAR 3D BOOBIES worth? or is it just heh lol titty wang?)

Only few games left. select vs Kiwi is next. Winner of that faces Huk and the winner of that faces Idra.

http://www.mlgpro.com/ci/brackets/procircuit/10/dc/sc2/open/losers

http://www.mlgpro.com/ci/brackets/procircuit/10/dc/sc2/open/winners

HolyCheck

hmm

you know

I have mixd fiealings about IdrA being in the final.

Fuck yes, he pretty much IS the best foreigner, and he should be in Korea and making us proud!

but.. fuck no.. he's the best/one of THE best.. and manages round of 32 last time?

I don't know.. I know it's hard to judege andything but

I'd feel more confident in future non koreans moving over there if IdrA were knocked out in and gets 20th?

also..

Anyone know much about Ret?

I've only been following the scene since sc2 came out, and he hasnt done well.. But anything I hear (even Incontrol [whos opinion I hold very high, possibly the highest of most]) have gone about ret not trying much / having the ability to be fuckshit amazing when he tries.

is he just not focusing on sc2 10 hours of the day like these other blokes? he seems (haven't checked) a bit older than some of these guys, so maybe rl. Should I be expecting greater things out of him when he goes to Korean for GSL3 with HuK, or am I right in worrying about what I've seen so far?

;_; yes lots of questints.

one for eveyr bourbon

Syth_Blade22 said:
Anyone know much about Ret?

I've only been following the scene since sc2 came out, and he hasnt done well.. But anything I hear (even Incontrol [whos opinion I hold very high, possibly the highest of most]) have gone about ret not trying much / having the ability to be fuckshit amazing when he tries.

is he just not focusing on sc2 10 hours of the day like these other blokes? he seems (haven't checked) a bit older than some of these guys, so maybe rl. Should I be expecting greater things out of him when he goes to Korean for GSL3 with HuK, or am I right in worrying about what I've seen so far?

;_; yes lots of questints.

one for eveyr bourbon
He was one of the best foreigners in SC1, but didn't really like SC2 during Beta. I think he said IEM Europe was what made him feel like playing, so he decided to play with Liquid. He hasn't practiced too much as far as I know and he's relatively new so he's still learning. Playing in the oGsTL house should whip him into shape.

HolyCheck

JoeFu said:
What time will this be over? Stuck at work for another hour. Want to be able to watch idra win!

SHOULD STILL BE GOING THEN I HOPE

SELECT VS KIWI TO GO, HUK VS WINNER OF THAT, THEN WINNER OF THAT VS IDRA... AND IF THE WINNER OF HTAT IS NOT IDRA THEN WINNER OF THAT VS IDRA

Corran Horn

JoeFu said:
What time will this be over? Stuck at work for another hour. Want to be able to watch idra win!

Accidentus said:
http://www.mlgpro.com/ci/brackets/procircuit/10/dc/sc2/open
Select vs Kiwi next
Winner vs Huk in the Loser's Final
Winner of that vs. Idra in the Finals

Select v Kiwi atm. So maybe 2-4 hours? Depending on the length of games.

-Roommates making fun of me for watching this and they are total gamers too :/
One day :(

HolyCheck

Corran Horn said:
Select v Kiwi atm. So maybe 2-4 hours? Depending on the length of games.

-Roommates making fun of me for watching this and they are total gamers too :/
One day :(

ugh.

but the halo stream on and fist pump them?

Haunted

I don't like that Wheat guy as much as JP. He doesn't seem as knowledgeable.

tacotime77 said:
Best of 3. Nice kiwi is pwning now! :D
Thanks. :) Was confused because Tyler vs Select was a Bo7 as well (I assume that was because they met before in the winner's bracket or something.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom