• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
ultron87 said:
Shoulda followed that Mothership with Carriers for the double awesome.
would have actually been pretty strong there wasn't much anti air from select and he would hae had to choose to focus the mship or the carrier.

As if people are just now coming to the conclusion that marauders w/stim and concussion are ridiculous. At least we won't see MMM against Zerg.

syllogism

Accidentus said:
Mindlessly rolling LZGamer, TTOne, qxc, Slush, Nony, Kiwikaki, and Huk......
No one is saying he isn't very good, but it's not something you'd expect from a top tournament player. I suppose this is one of those mid level tournament's idra was talking about.

clav

cubicle47b said:
As if people are just now coming to the conclusion that marauders w/stim and concussion are ridiculous. At least we won't see MMM against Zerg.
Didn't reapers used to have stim?

Accidentus

Neo Member
syllogism said:
No one is saying he isn't very good, but it's not something you'd expect from a top tournament player. I suppose this is one of those mid level tournament's idra was talking about.
Idra was saying that Protoss does well in "mid level tournaments." This is the 2nd MLG in a row that Toss has performed better than Terran.

4 Toss in top 8 (in the money)
2 Terrans
2 Zergs

Keikaku

syllogism said:

Straight up trolling. I don't play Terran at all, but Select is in no way mindless or mid-level. He has shown exceptional decision-making and micro. I don't know if he will beat Idra, but to denigrate him like you've been doing is silly.

Meeru

Banned
syllogism said:
I think your problem is is that you're looking at his playstyle from a topical point of view, which is the mmm medivac drops. Theres more to it than that.

syllogism

Accidentus said:
Idra was saying that Protoss does well in "mid level tournaments." This is the 2nd MLG in a row that Toss has performed better than Terran.
My point was more that good luck with doing exactly the same build every game in a higher level tournament; that is to say GSL. It's just so disappointing he isn't being punished for it.

Won

syllogism said:
My point was more that good luck with doing exactly the same build every game in a higher level tournament; that is to say GSL. It's just so disappointing he isn't being punished for it.

Idra can get away with it, so why not select?

clav

valenti said:
I think your problem is is that you're looking at his playstyle from a topical point of view, which is the mmm medivac drops. Theres more to it than that.
He has such extreme micro that it negates the boring select army 1 Attack Click that most MMM people do.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
BLOOD FOR THE ZERG GOD.

Technosteve said:
i thought that thor drop was well timed, idra got lucky that the zerglings spoted it
you honestly think 3 more marines would have changed much?

twofold

Gas steal won it for Idra. Select messed up by not doing a full wall off and couldn't get enough gas for a Thor drop before Mutas were out.

Keikaku

Technosteve said:
i thought that thor drop was well timed, idra got lucky that the zerglings spoted it

The Thor drop was delayed due to the awesome gas steal by Idra. Select stuck with the build he knew, but it ended up not working.

I hope he stays in this thing though as it would be awesome to watch. Still, if Idra wins it would be well deserved.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
wZtX3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom