• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

Mystery said:
You need 3 to kill a queen. Grab a worker out of each gas before your third Phoenix pops. There's a good chance the zerg won't realize he'll be getting 33% less gas than he should.
Someone's been watching Day9.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
woah... my friends and I are in the silver group for 3v3's and yesterday we got matched up against idra and friends somehow. of course we got rocked :lol

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
open_mouth_ said:
woah... my friends and I are in the silver group for 3v3's and yesterday we got matched up against idra and friends somehow. of course we got rocked :lol

replay? check that it was really him!

Aylinato

open_mouth_ said:

Cool

anyone know the Protoss counter of thors

YakiSOBA

TvZ 6pool, what do you guys do?

When I face a zerg I build a supply at 9/10, then send that scv to scout (is this too late? should I send 1 scv to scout at 9/10 and use another scv to build a supply?)

If I see a pool I'll drop a bunker right away at the ramp.. usually bunker + 1 marine + 1scv repair is enough, but I read that most people just build a second barracks to finish the wall and don't even make a bunker?

What do you terran folks do when you scout the 6pool?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
YakiSOBA said:

When I face a zerg I build a supply at 9/10, then send that scv to scout (is this too late? should I send 1 scv to scout at 9/10 and use another scv to build a supply?)

If I see a pool I'll drop a bunker right away at the ramp.. usually bunker + 1 marine + 1scv repair is enough, but I read that most people just build a second barracks to finish the wall and don't even make a bunker?

Your scout should see the lings, when it does:
1) drop a rax if you haevn't
2) cancel your building scv in the cc if you need 50 minerals to build
3) drop a supply to finish the wall if possible (if not, bring scv'sto hold the ramp while you place the depot (5 should do). Take turns repairing and building the structures.

Also if they get into your mineral line, just attack them and send injured SCV's to the mineral line (they will path through your own units and not die).

Remember you will get a MULE and they will have 6/7 drones and can only make zerglings every 30 seconds. They are in a horrible spot once you finish your wall.

YakiSOBA

Hazaro said:
Your scout should see the lings, when it does:
1) drop a rax if you haevn't
2) cancel your building scv in the cc if you need 50 minerals to build
3) drop a supply to finish the wall if possible (if not, bring scv'sto hold the ramp while you place the depot (5 should do). Take turns repairing and building the structures.

Also if they get into your mineral line, just attack them and send injured SCV's to the mineral line (they will path through your own units and not die).

Remember you will get a MULE and they will have 6/7 drones and can only make zerglings every 30 seconds. They are in a horrible spot once you finish your wall.

So after fending off 6pool, I MULE up, get back to my build (usually 3rax) and I just try and counter as soon as I can? I'm always afraid that by the time I counter they'll have massed lings and it'll just destroy whatever pity force I send (usually like a ground army of 6-8 units, marauders and marines)

YakiSOBA said:

Supply at 10, barracks right when supply is done. The lings should come when your barracks finishes before your marine pops out. They'll probably go for SCVs. Run around with the SCVs until your first marine pops out and then attack with SCVs and the marine, microing the marine away from lings. You can always attack with all your SCVs without the marine but you'll lose quite a few SCVs. (which isn't a big deal as he will be behind with drones anyway)

YakiSOBA said:
So after fending off 6pool, I MULE up, get back to my build (usually 3rax) and I just try and counter as soon as I can? I'm always afraid that by the time I counter they'll have massed lings and it'll just destroy whatever pity force I send (usually like a ground army of 6-8 units, marauders and marines)

Pretty much. If you fend off the 6pool without losing a lot of SCVs he will be very behind economically. In which case he will 1. forget econ and keep sending lings and hope he breaks you or 2. hoping he's scared you into defending, make nothing but drones to catch up. In the first case, keep making units and you will fend off the lings and be very, very ahead. In the second case, if you see no lings coming, make some ground units and just attack and win.

Dresden

YakiSOBA said:
Only about three lings can attack each depot or barrack if you wall off on the ramp on most maps. Just have a scv each repairing the walls and one or two marines will easily hold them off. Then just turtle in, go 1/1/1, and a hellion drop will usually destroy them.

clav

YakiSOBA said:
When a 6 pool fails on a zerg, they're in deep shit. Their economy is in the toilet, and usually if they want defenses, they throw either a bunch of a spine crawlers or make more zerglings and not many drones.

Work your way to an army of 20 units and just push, you'll win.

ultron87

So the only thing for Blizzcon is Diablo news? You'd think they would've at least held onto the Cataclysm cinematic until then.

Broke a nasty losing streak against a toss player. Against terran I go in expecting a tough loss or maybe a tough win, against zerg I go in expecting some bullshit that will cause me to lose, but against toss I go in expecting a cake walk. Unless they mass Cols without your knowledge, you pretty much know you're going to win.

14 pool 16 hatch on Scrap Station. Scouted him using chrono boost on his gateways so I expected a rush, but he came pretty late. I had two queens and some lings to handle it. Then he went Phoenixes and fucked me up a bit, but I had 3 queens at the time and quickly got 3 more. Wound up going Hydra/Roach/Infestor and losing to some High Templar nonsense (I wasn't paying attention and attacked his ramp/got roasted lol). He pushed but I had Ultralisks popping and quickly took him out.

The most potent toss build I've run into outside of mass Col/stalker was Phoenix/DT. That shit rocked my world :lol

Ronok

Was anyone else just watching Cella's live stream? He got really drunk, played a FFA and rage quit when he couldn't win. The last thing we heard him says was "nobody likes me... :(" and then he just passed out on the keyboard and started serious snoring. :lol Eventually he woke up and failed at turning off his pc. Now it's just a live stream of that screen.

I was laughing so hard the whole time. Hope some of you caught that. :p

prowine2.png

celladrunk1.jpg

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=6644116

:lol

ultron87

I am extremely tempted to leave this stream on in my headphones here at work just to see how long it takes him to wake up. :lol :lol

HolyCheck

omg lol! I'm currently catchng up on the GSL for tonight.. tempting to just stick Cella in the background.

edit: omg I can hear his snoring :lol

Just played 3 games. Lost the first but won the other 2. The game (or battle.net) registered my lose and deducted points from me but it didn't register the 2 wins, even though I can see them in my match history but without giving me points for winning.

Has this happened to anyone before ?

Cella = best TL stream. HOLY CHECK

TheThunder said:
Just played 3 games. Lost the first but won the other 2. The game (or battle.net) registered my lose and deducted points from me but it didn't register the 2 wins, even though I can see them in my match history but without giving me points for winning.

Has this happened to anyone before ?

I just finished some games. The game updated my win/loss stats properly but I didn't get any points. I'm in EU btw

Haunted

open_mouth_ said:
That should've tipped you off that it wasn't him.

I kid. But seriously, Idra doesn't play 3v3.

Erasus

I am somewhat of a strategy fan on PC, been playing DoW2, CoH, LoL and others. But never Starcraft 1 or 2.

This might be the next PC game I buy, its been totally off my radar.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
LakeEarth said:
The fact that you can get mech repaired anywhere on the map at anytime is the most bullshit thing ever.
i wrecked this guys 3rd and killed all the scv's in his 4th, you'd figure with zero econ and similair food armies, i'd be able to whittle him down. but nope, he called down 8 mules and facerolled my main.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
GOMtv is so horrible. I cannot log in at all. One email wont let me login, verify wont work. Other email they never sent out verify email and when I ask to send it again it never showed up. Try again for third time on diff email and still no go. Sigh

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Corran Horn said:
GOMtv is so horrible. I cannot log in at all. One email wont let me login, verify wont work. Other email they never sent out verify email and when I ask to send it again it never showed up. Try again for third time on diff email and still no go. Sigh
go through facebook, its the most hassle free way to log in.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Pandaman said:
go through facebook, its the most hassle free way to log in.
Well all of my email accounts are being used after many attempts so its all duplicated when trying with facebook.

HolyCheck

Corran Horn said:

:( that sucks, i've never had a problem since day one :(

yeah try FB log in (or make a smurf Twtter acct.)

MEATER

Syth_Blade22 said:

Having the same problem (also in EU).

Really sucks. We just won 4 games against favored opponents. We are bronze, they all were plat or diamond, only on team was silver but all favored...

We also apparently didn't get the wins. Neither in the ladder (W/L ratio) nor towards avatar unlocks.

Seems like the wrong time to play some SC.

Glad to see I'm not the only one though :D

theluma

TheThunder said:
I hope I get my points since my last win was a ZvZ against a platinum player who's 3rd in his division so I want those points (I'm silver btw)

How did you get matched up with him then?

MEATER

TheThunder said:
Seems like an EU problem.

I hope I get my points since my last win was a ZvZ against a platinum player who's 3rd in his division so I want those points (I'm silver btw)

From reading the two threads that got posted it seems like it's a problem they've had before and the points are simply lost even when they fix it.

I feel your pain!

Gonna play some 360 for the rest of the evening...

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
surprised happiness and boxer both removed jungle basin, forward planetary is probably the safest third on that map.

well, i guess it is a tvt.

MEATER

theluma said:

I'm also bronze (2on2 with 2 teams) and silver (1on1 though I never play 1on1) and mostly get matched up against gold and above. Out of 5 games today we were matched against 3 opponents that were diamond or platinum.

Happy when I/we get matched against other bronze players but that only happens in maybe 1 out of 5 games.

Seems like most bronze players quit playing the game already and the remaining player base is mostly silver and up and matchmaking favors getting you in a game fast vs. getting you in a game against an opponent of the same strength.

f0rk

MEATER said:
Seems like most bronze players quit playing the game already and the remaining player base is mostly silver and up and matchmaking favors getting you in a game fast vs. getting you in a game against an opponent of the same strength.

No, there is a hidden matchmaking rating you're playing against. It can be higher than your league.

theluma said:
I've been playing nothing but gold player the past few days (with one or two silver) and winning most of them, so perhaps the game thought I needed a higher player to determine my league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom