• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
http://www.own3d.tv/live/217

Gretorps stream.

One of the best I've seen, he talks you through his games, what he's thinking and why he's reacting how he is.

then after each game he goes through the replay pointing out all the spots where he fucked up and could have improved, and yeah. Quite informative and good, especially for someone like me who has trouble picking my own games apart

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/936927#blog

BlizzCon 2010 StarCraft II Invitational

"After three months of intense battles on Battle.net, we've selected sixteen of the best StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty players from across the globe to compete for glory in this year's BlizzCon StarCraft II Invitational Tournament. Today, we're excited to announce the official roster and reveal the first round of upper bracket matchups."

player list:

Loner
Luffy
mTwDeMuslim
TLO
NEXGenius
MakaPrime
Fenix
Capoch
Huk
SeleCT
mTwDIMAGA
White-Ra
Ice
RedArchon
Sen
SoftBall

"As a special bonus, we'll also be featuring a StarCraft II exhibition match between StarCraft: Brood War legend SlayerS_`BoxeR` and recent TG-Intel GSL Season1 champion Fruit Dealer (aka Cool). Don't miss out on these epic matches taking place on Friday at 7:30 p.m. PDT at the RTS Tournament Stage. "

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
I watched the Day9 daily (#199) today with HuK. Seems like a really nice guy. I'm amazed how many guys there are that play at the top level who seem like such nice dudes. Day[9] especially.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
pieatorium said:
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/936927#blog

BlizzCon 2010 StarCraft II Invitational

"After three months of intense battles on Battle.net, we've selected sixteen of the best StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty players from across the globe to compete for glory in this year's BlizzCon StarCraft II Invitational Tournament. Today, we're excited to announce the official roster and reveal the first round of upper bracket matchups."

player list:

Loner
Luffy
mTwDeMuslim
TLO
NEXGenius
MakaPrime
Fenix
Capoch
Huk
SeleCT
mTwDIMAGA
White-Ra
Ice
RedArchon
Sen
SoftBall

"As a special bonus, we'll also be featuring a StarCraft II exhibition match between StarCraft: Brood War legend SlayerS_`BoxeR` and recent TG-Intel GSL Season1 champion Fruit Dealer (aka Cool). Don't miss out on these epic matches taking place on Friday at 7:30 p.m. PDT at the RTS Tournament Stage. "

Awesome. So gonna try to take some videos while Im there.

pieatorium said:

DO WANT.

Zzoram

TLO playing as Zerg is dumb, it means he has to split his practice time between Zerg and Terran and it'll only hurt his chances in GSL.

zoukka

Zzoram said:
TLO playing as Zerg is dumb, it means he has to split his practice time between Zerg and Terran and it'll only hurt his chances in GSL.

Like Select said, it's probably harder to find good zerg opponents to practice with nowadays. Maybe TLO is counting on that.

That said, FUCK YES TLO IS MASTER RACE!

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Zzoram said:

In Beta TLO's zerg was very non-standard and much different than anyone else's. Some things that are standard now, like spreading creep quickly, TLO did first, so I'll be interested to see what he's come up with since then.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
MrMister said:
Random players like me have it hard. All races to us are OP and UP! :lol
random is op by itself.

just 2gate/crawler rush/bunker, they all take different counters you cant prep for in time.

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
Fuck. My. Life. Just snuck a bunch of infestors into a HEAVILY guarded Terran based after destroying his economy three or four times with speedlings. He managed to hang on and recover every time. It was an epic game. Probably the most exciting I've played. Spawned 20+ Infested Terrans, killed off every SCV and nearly destroyed his HQ (had about 40 HP left)... And Battle.Net disconnects me. Gah.

IceMarker

ProudClod said:
Fuck. My. Life. Just snuck a bunch of infestors into a HEAVILY guarded Terran based after destroying his economy three or four times with speedlings. He managed to hang on and recover every time. It was an epic game. Probably the most exciting I've played. Spawned 20+ Infested Terrans, killed off every SCV and nearly destroyed his HQ (had about 40 HP left)... And Battle.Net disconnects me. Gah.
I was in a 3v3 and my team was losing to a simple Marine/Tank/Zealot/Ling push and I had just got mass Hydra to save the day when we all disconnected... I would've been a hero I tell ya!

Haunted

2xcLE.png

<3 Huk

Maybe it wasn't the best strategy to win, but it certainly gained him some new fans. :D

Won

ultron87 said:
So are the Blizzcon matches going to be streamed or anything? Because Fruitdealer vs Boxer is way too epic sounding to miss.

Sure.

http://us.blizzard.com/blizzcon/

Expensive of course.

Zzoram said:

Focusing on Terran doesn't seem to help him.
In the end the world needs more of TLO's Zerg.

Askia47

For some reason I'm only getting 15-19 fps on a ATI 4890, with nothing running in the background either. All the settings are at max, but I thought the card could handle it. Anyone else have issues running the game at full settings on cards that should be able to handle it?

Concept17

Askia47 said:
For some reason I'm only getting 15-19 fps on a ATI 4890, with nothing running in the background either. All the settings are at max, but I thought the card could handle it. Anyone else have issues running the game at full settings on cards that should be able to handle it?

My 4870 runs the game on max no problem.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
2 Day9 Dailies tonight fyi. Funday Monday will be like hour and a half earlier than regular start time. Sad Ill miss them both due to school, but oh well will watch on blip.

ultron87

Yay free Tournament stream! (I'm willing to pay 20 bucks for a month of GSL games, but not 40 for a single weekend :lol)

Yay double Day9 Daily! I could conceivable have most of a night of watching Starcraft related stuff tonight if I watch both dailies followed by more GSL at midnight. That might be a little much.

Mudkips

Banned
Askia47 said:

Are you on a Mac?

Askia47 said:

Your CPU could be your bottleneck. What are the rest of your specs?

Cru Jones

Askia47 said:

I had to re-seat my CPU. It is a few years old and the thermal paste was more like thermal crust by the time I got in there. Put brand new thermal paste on and I went from 15 FPS to a solid 60 FPS (V-Sync) on my 5850, almost everything maxed

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
I love this game so much. So addicted. I was up until 7 AM playing. I missed my metaphysics class because I needed sleep. Fuck you SC2 <3

Askia47

Felix Lighter said:
Your CPU could be your bottleneck. What are the rest of your specs?

Custom Built PC:

-AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor
-MSI K9A2 CF-F V2 AM2+/AM2 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard
-4GB of RAM
-MSI R4890-T2D1G OC Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5

Cerberus

Zzoram

Askia47 said:
Custom Built PC:

-AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor
-MSI K9A2 CF-F V2 AM2+/AM2 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard
-4GB of RAM
-MSI R4890-T2D1G OC Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5
That's better than my E8400 and HD4870 but I run the game maxed at 1680x1050 no problem in 2v2.

I have Vsync on but no AA though since I'm using 10.3 drivers that don't support it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom