• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sblargh

Banned
Daaaayyyyummm, I'm losing a LOT now that I'm diamond.
I was kidding when I said that I would never win another game again, but it is beggining to feel true. :lol
But I see that I have grown emotionally as I don't rage anymore. I get stressed out and on random times of the day I think "if only I haven't runned right into his base when he had 2 Thors shooting at me", but not raging.
Also, I feel that I lost because I did something wrong and even if I don't know it yet quite what it is, I feel it is something I can solve, even with terran, unless they have banshees, fuck banshees, shouldn't exist, if exist, shouldn't need only a tech lab for cloak, if need only a tech lab for cloak, shouldn't be so easy to switch to raven. But I'm not raging, look at me completely not raging.
-
I'm actually doing against terran something day9 said people sometimes do on PvP, since it is "4 gate or lose", when peopole want to do something different, they go "4 gate + robo", sounds wasteful, but it kind of sometimes makes some sense.
So against terran, I'm going 4 gate robo, so if I spot a banshee, I can just make an observer and be happy. It is a heavy investment, but 4 gate is so powerful, that it feels like it doesn't make that much of a difference. He won't destroy me if I have a good sized army parked outside his base, so when I decide to expand, I already have a robo and can easily go colossus for that mid-game.
Makes sense, now all I have to do is stop sucking.
-
BTW, what is the deal with colossi obssession? Personally, I think HTs are THAT much better, I only make colossi because robo happens to be there. But if I expand to the 3rd, I usually switch.

Boken

Banned
The matchmaking is probably just trying to establish your position in diamond league.

And re: the colossi obsession, they just require less micro compared to HTs and don't get smacked by attentive ghosts. But yeah, I think HTs are a lot nicer against bio too, especially late game.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Sblargh said:
BTW, what is the deal with colossi obssession? Personally, I think HTs are THAT much better, I only make colossi because robo happens to be there. But if I expand to the 3rd, I usually switch.
Collosi enables you to poke and gives you vision of high ground. If you can keep them alive your force and DPS grow considerably.

Templar are fantastic, but they slow your army down, and their damage is maxed out at 10DPS.

I personally prefer Collosi (So you don't die and draws gas away from medivacs) into HT to feedback all their medivacs and then storm the crap out of Terran.

FoxSpirit

Mystery said:
http://www.youtube.com/user/huskystarcraft#p/u/2/JJFG8jtU0CM

Everyone needs to watch this Cella game. Shit had me in stitches.

"But, I don't know protoss too
how to do it?

oh god.
uhh
13 gate
13-14 gas
another pylon
ok
thx^^

...After getting 6 gates...

get a cyber too
Why am I need 13 gates?
No no stop getting that many gateways ! I meant on 13 probes get a gateway.
a..............
drop a cybe and get a gas
it's ok^^"

:lol :lol :lol

Good god XD

fatty

FoxSpirit said:
"But, I don't know protoss too
how to do it?

oh god.
uhh
13 gate
13-14 gas
another pylon
ok
thx^^

...After getting 6 gates...

get a cyber too
Why am I need 13 gates?
No no stop getting that many gateways ! I meant on 13 probes get a gateway.
a..............
drop a cybe and get a gas
it's ok^^"

:lol :lol :lol

Good god XD

Is Cella the "Holy Check" guy?

If so, can someone provide a link to that cast, never did see it? Only remember reading the comments on here.

fatty

Pandaman said:
its only linked three times on this page.

I was talking about a link to the "Holy Check" cast, not the 13 Gate one. I never saw the "Holy Check" bit and wasn't even sure if it was the same guy, hence my question.

Edited for clarity.

Slasher

msiscMIDNIGHT_M.jpg

day9wheat_wcg.png

Hey guys, Slasher from Live On Three (live eSports/pro gaming talk show) here, I'll be providing info and updates for this weekend's EG MSI Masters Cup, live from Phoenix, Arizona, as well as next weekend's MLG Dallas finale event. The EG Masters Cup event will run over two days, today and tomorrow, and will be broadcasted live by djWHEAT (Live On Three, Weapon of Choice) and Day9 (Daily) on the mic, and SirScoots (Live On Three, EG) behind the production.

16 players remain from the 512-man bracket, including HuK, KiWiKaKi, Machine, SLush, Drewbie, Axslav, TorcH and more. All matches will be played in a single-elimination, best-of-5 format. The winner of the tournament will win $1,000, and face off against IdrA for a chance to win a MSI GT660 Notebook. IdrA will be flying from Korea to the states early for MLG Dallas, and will play the winner with equal pings.

Here's the schedule and brackets (Note: All times listed in local PST time, EST is +3, CET is +9, KST is +13)

Saturday, October 30:
11:30 AM PST (2:30 PM EST, 20:30 CET): Pre-Show
12:00 PM PST: Round of 16 - EG.Machine (Z) vs nEAns (T) / Attero (T) vs allaboutyou (T)
1:00 PM PST: Round of 16 - TL.HuK (P) vs ViBE (Z) / root.Drewbie (T) vs hashe (T)
2:00 PM PST: Round of 16 - TorcH (T) vs LzGaMeR (T) / Zerker (Z) vs Dhalsim (Z)
3:00 PM PST: Round of 16 - root.KiWiKaKi (P) vs root.SLush (Z) / EG.Axslav (P) vs Spades (T)
4:30 PM PST: Quarterfinal 1
6:00 PM PST: Quarterfinal 2
7:30 PM PST: Quarterfinal 3
9:00 PM PST: Quarterfinal 4

Sunday, October 31:
11:30 AM PST: Pre-Show Championship Sunday
12:00 PM PST: Semifinal 1
1:30 PM PST: Semifinal 2
3:00 PM PST: Grand Final
4:30 PM PST: Showmatch (IdrA vs. Winner)
6:00 PM PST: Special Live On Three Daily w/ myself, djWHEAT, Scoots and Day9 as guest (not confirmed yet, will see if time permits for this to happen :D)

You can watch the event live all weekend long at http://www.djWHEAT.tv or http://www.ustream.tv/channel/djWHEAT

Main coverage hub with Cover-it Live: http://myeg.net/article/article_detail.php?article_id=936
Brackets: http://stem.esportsea.com/?a=x.schedule&stageid=3829

Slasher said:
msiscMIDNIGHT_M.jpg

day9wheat_wcg.png

Hey guys, Slasher from Live On Three (live eSports/pro gaming talk show) here, I'll be providing info and updates for this weekend's EG MSI Masters Cup, live from Phoenix, Arizona, as well as next weekend's MLG Dallas finale event. The EG Masters Cup event will run over two days, today and tomorrow, and will be broadcasted live by djWHEAT (Live On Three, Weapon of Choice) and Day9 (Daily) on the mic, and SirScoots (Live On Three, EG) behind the production.

16 players remain from the 512-man bracket, including HuK, KiWiKaKi, Machine, SLush, Drewbie, Axslav, TorcH and more. All matches will be played in a single-elimination, best-of-5 format. The winner of the tournament will win $1,000, and face off against IdrA for a chance to win a MSI GT660 Notebook. IdrA will be flying from Korea to the states early for MLG Dallas, and will play the winner with equal pings.

Here's the schedule and brackets (Note: All times listed in local PST time, EST is +3, CET is +9, KST is +13)

Saturday, October 30:
11:30 AM PST (2:30 PM EST, 20:30 CET): Pre-Show
12:00 PM PST: Round of 16 - EG.Machine (Z) vs nEAns (T) / Attero (T) vs allaboutyou (T)
1:00 PM PST: Round of 16 - TL.HuK (P) vs ViBE (Z) / root.Drewbie (T) vs hashe (T)
2:00 PM PST: Round of 16 - TorcH (T) vs LzGaMeR (T) / Zerker (Z) vs Dhalsim (Z)
3:00 PM PST: Round of 16 - root.KiWiKaKi (P) vs root.SLush (Z) / EG.Axslav (P) vs Spades (T)
4:30 PM PST: Quarterfinal 1
6:00 PM PST: Quarterfinal 2
7:30 PM PST: Quarterfinal 3
9:00 PM PST: Quarterfinal 4

Sunday, October 31:
11:30 AM PST: Pre-Show Championship Sunday
12:00 PM PST: Semifinal 1
1:30 PM PST: Semifinal 2
3:00 PM PST: Grand Final
4:30 PM PST: Showmatch (IdrA vs. Winner)
6:00 PM PST: Special Live On Three Daily w/ myself, djWHEAT, Scoots and Day9 as guest (not confirmed yet, will see if time permits for this to happen :D)

You can watch the event live all weekend long at http://www.djWHEAT.tv or http://www.ustream.tv/channel/djWHEAT

Main coverage hub with Cover-it Live: http://myeg.net/article/article_detail.php?article_id=936
Brackets: http://stem.esportsea.com/?a=x.schedule&stageid=3829

Awesome. Didn't know about the bonus match against Idra at the end.

Deadman

I find it funny that if idra wins he doesnt get the laptop. So hes actually only playing in order to deny someone else winning it :lol

Edit: If idra is flying in early for mlg dallas then it could mean he will be available to be the friend on friendday wednesday this week too.

Fjord

Deadman said:
I find it funny that if idra wins he doesnt get the laptop. So hes actually only playing in order to deny someone else winning it :lol

He's the perfect villain.

I don't understand why people think sentry can stop rushes by forcefielding a ramp, maybe zergling rushes but I was always happy to see them when I was 6rax rushing. Basically if they have a sentry you know your army is stronger and you just have to wait a few seconds for the forcefields to wear off.

http://www.gomtv.net/2010gslopens2/vod/1255 Nice short top 16 from a few days ago of what I'm talking about.

Artosis goes crazy about how its going to crush the rush here and then blames it on bad micro? The guy's micro was great, it simply doesn't work against a big commited terran army.

Aylinato

ok, I hope blizzard fixes their random team games, I got stuck with a group of 3 bronze/silver leaguers who couldn't defend a zergling rush, yet the game before that I was playing with platinum people against platinum people(and won because it was evenly matched) and the 3 bronze/silver was against 4 gold, I dunno WTH is going on

Fjord

Aylinato said:
ok, I hope blizzard fixes their random team games, I got stuck with a group of 3 bronze/silver leaguers who couldn't defend a zergling rush, yet the game before that I was playing with platinum people against platinum people(and won because it was evenly matched) and the 3 bronze/silver was against 4 gold, I dunno WTH is going on

Nothing wrong with the matchmaking, the hidden matchmaking was probably much closer. I was just trying Funcom's new DOTA clone and sheesh did I miss blizzards smooth ui and matchmaking.

Deadman said:

Edit: If idra is flying in early for mlg dallas then it could mean he will be available to be the friend on friendday wednesday this week too.

Idra on Friendsday Wednesday would be sweet.

Aylinato

Fjord said:
Nothing wrong with the matchmaking, the hidden matchmaking was probably much closer. I was just trying Funcom's new DOTA clone and sheesh did I miss blizzards smooth ui and matchmaking.

1v1 matchmaking is fine, the team randoms are where it's completely out of whack

Won

Aylinato said:
before that I was playing with platinum people against platinum people(and won because it was evenly matched)

A very odd thing to say.
You also can't expect a matchmaking system to match perfectly and in a reasonable time for 4vs4.

Fjord said:
I don't understand why people think sentry can stop rushes by forcefielding a ramp, maybe zergling rushes but I was always happy to see them when I was 6rax rushing. Basically if they have a sentry you know your army is stronger and you just have to wait a few seconds for the forcefields to wear off.

http://www.gomtv.net/2010gslopens2/vod/1255 Nice short top 16 from a few days ago of what I'm talking about.

Artosis goes crazy about how its going to crush the rush here and then blames it on bad micro? The guy's micro was great, it simply doesn't work against a big commited terran army.

4 sentries can forcefield a ramp forever. The protoss just completely missed the 3 forcefield. Big blunder and all that.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
will52 said:
Any word on when the official Blizz mods will be released? Or is the typical "When it's ready" shit?
Most of the stuff I played at BlizzCon felt "ready". Maybe they are doing some final tweaking from the feedback then uploading.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I didn't know MSI and EG actully had an event.
That is very cool.

Good to see GAF getting some SC e-cred as well.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
this reminds me how bad blizzcon was.

5 people are running a stable stream with lots of content and better picture.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Pandaman said:

Day9 doing his Tournament from his bedroom was better than alot of these tournaments :lol

V_Arnold

Pandaman said:

Well, the site itself is not working for me on this one, so so far, they FAIL :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom