• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
There ain't nothing wrong with roaches. Massing them still leaves you hurting for air defense, because you often have to tech slower because of it.

You shouldn't be getting too many roaches until you get the lair anyways though. They're nowhere near as good as they were with the speed upgrade. If you have a lair, roaches in front+range hydras in back is just about the most deadly thing a zerg can do midgame.

DAT MOTHAFUCKIN TOSS!

DAT MOTHAFUCKIN TOSS!

DAT MOTHAFUCKIN TOSS!

DAT MOTHAFUCKIN TOSS!

DAT MOTHAFUCKIN TOSS!

DAT MOTHAFUCKIN TOSS!

DAT MOTHAFUCKIN TOSS!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
p9b3n.jpg

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
man how cost effective must colls be versus rax, drewbie drained 3 bases, a gold and half of his 5th while huk still had 3 mining bases.

Pandaman said:
man how cost effective must colls be versus rax, drewbie drained 3 bases, a gold and half of his 5th while huk still had 3 mining bases.
<3 Toss. but really, I don't know if anyone but HuK today would have survived that situation.

that was nuts.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Dreams-Visions said:
<3 Toss. but really, I don't know if anyone but HuK today would have survived that situation.

that was nuts.
it occurs to me that drewbie wont be running out of expos on this map.

alba

Little is the new Big
The ghosts were a nice try but damn, HuK was just crazy good in defense on the second map and just killed it on the third. Such a good game!

Mairu

Any other SC2GAFers play Nexus Word Wars? Instead of actually practicing the game I've been spending all my SC2 time playing it :lol

I can't help it, I love typing games :(

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Mairu said:
Any other SC2GAFers play Nexus Word Wars? Instead of actually practicing the game I've been spending all my SC2 time playing it :lol

I can't help it, I love typing games :(

Dear god yes. This generations typing of the dead.

That game with the 20 rax on Steppes of War was incredible. We need a re-cast of that on youtube for all to see. Totally agree that nobody but Huk would have been able to hold that off for so long. Wow!

IceMarker

Happy Halloween fellow US players! The Shadow Assault Arena Beta ends today! Get a few matches in before I take it off the map list until final release!

zoukka

Deadman said:
Zerg is really hard.

Hardest parts are injections and the droning pace. With Terran and Toss, you just keep making workers, but it's harder to have a "clue" how much you need drones during the game.

Boken

Banned
I agree, knowing when to drone is definitely the hardest part of playing Zerg. It takes a lot of scouting and intuitive game sense - at least compared to the other two races. I see a lot of lower league Zergs just make army units as soon as they can which probably holds them back. And that's totally understandable as the other races can make units constantly too.

Injections are hard too, but that's just mechanical. Getting the timing correct each time + remembering to just requires lots of repetition.

I am pretty bad with injections (they need to make it more obvious), not wasting larvae (which happens when you have more than 3 larvae for more than 15s), and building enough overlords. Spreading creep too. Augh.

On a side note, so much ZvZ on the ladder recently!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom