• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aylinato

we should do a GAF night tonight, and do a Day[9] type FFA(pick one unit LOL) or alphabetical, or do laddering, or some custom games like DoTA

if we do a 4v4 or something imma try to do the vortex+archons XD j/k too long to tech to

Deadman

Drama:

Huk said:
livestreaming fucking sucks, why not cast from replays to deter ppl from cheating for 1k

Someone then says how delaying by a minute or so could help this.

Huk said:
makes sense when you practically have no control over the issue and just hope that it self delays because ustream sucks or something. also when a dark shrine takes over that amount of time to build i can see how that wont help at all. sorry but im extremely against livestream and wish i knew this part of the tournament was going to be live streamed before i started playing in it

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Just woke up.. curse my normal sleeping habbits now (tis 8am) Joining in, day 9 + djwheat are a great combo, and I hope torch does well :)

also yeah, what's with the HuK thing?

Deadman

He just really doesnt like games being livestreamed because of the possibility of cheating (except for when everyone is at the tournament like mlg etc). I dont think hes saying anyone has cheated today.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Tacitus_ said:
Wait, what's this all about?
Online tournament for money is livestreamed.

Any players in the tournament can run the stream while they're playing and know what's up.

HolyCheck

Tacitus_ said:
You kidding?

Nope! He responded to something day9 and Wheat said

edit: he may not have though, i mean someone could have said to him in chat on sc2 what they said

edit2: Torch's play style makes no sense it's so fun to watch

Deadman

People siege their tanks way too much, even when it doesnt make sense to do so. So many times you see tanks already under attack and they choose to siege which achieves nothing except prevent the tank attacking even once before dying.

alba

Little is the new Big
Slasher said:
msiscMIDNIGHT_M.jpg

day9wheat_wcg.png

You can watch the event live all weekend long at http://www.djWHEAT.tv or http://www.ustream.tv/channel/djWHEAT

Main coverage hub with Cover-it Live: http://myeg.net/article/article_detail.php?article_id=936
Brackets: http://stem.esportsea.com/?a=x.schedule&stageid=3829

Making your way to GAF, are we Slasher? Nice :>

Mairu

Deadman said:
Drama:

Someone then says how delaying by a minute or so could help this.
I have to agree with HuK, even when I started to get into the SC2 tournament scene I thought it was bizarre that they'd have online tournaments that were live streamed when it's going to be so easy for people to cheat by having the stream open while playing

This game is going on pretty long D:

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Won said:
Roaches look so broken now against Protoss.
Yeah, not being able to spam tier 1/1.5 with a few collossus to win makes the +1 roach range look so broken.

butts

So just a few weeks ago Zerg was so "underpowered" but now a +1 range on a previously underused unit makes Zerg OP?

I'd hate to be Blizzard's balance team.

Slasher

SLush takes out Kiwi 3-1 in four short games. Last Round of 16 game will be next, or might move on to one of the four quarterfinals. Brackets are now as follows:

Attero (R)/Allaboutyou (T) vs Machine (Z)
Drewbie (T) vs HuK (P)
LzGaMeR (T) vs Zerker (Z)
SLush (Z) vs Spades (T)

Won

Dance In My Blood said:
Yeah, not being able to spam tier 1/1.5 with a few collossus to win makes the +1 roach range look so broken.

Yeah, that Colossi strategy sure didn't work for Kiwi.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Syth_Blade22 said:
;_; I can't believe I'm asking this.. but anyone know much about MSI laptops? lol.
MSI gaming laptops are good buys if what you are looking for is a strong GPU.
The build is fine, keyboards are kinda flimsy. They run REAL quiet and I don't think anything offers as much pure gaming value.

Downsides: CPU and screen resolution, but those are what you'd cut down in a budget gaming laptop.

Slasher

20 minute break while they eat, allaboutyou has beaten Attero 3-1 and will play Machine in the next round. Allaboutyou is actually a Korean-born 2650 Terran who's in the US. Next will be that match or Spades vs SLush, with Huk vs Drewbie to come after.

butts said:
So just a few weeks ago Zerg was so "underpowered" but now a +1 range on a previously underused unit makes Zerg OP?

Don't forget the terran nerfs. Less tank damage, depot be4 rax, reaper upgrade in factory, BC nerf, build times, etc.

HolyCheck

perryfarrell said:
Don't forget the terran nerfs. Less tank damage, depot be4 rax, reaper upgrade in factory, BC nerf, build times, etc.

and the health bonus' to all zerg structures, they add up

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
butts said:

I'd hate to be Blizzard's balance team.
Zerg are still the weakest race, its just baddies being bad.
terrans and protoss and hurrr t1.5-t2 deathpush off 2base without scouting. thats why you see scrubs crying about hellions not working versus roach. duh, roach is supposed to be hellions hardcounter, dont go hellion if you scout roach! [lol at protoss and terrans actually scouting]

the balance is alot tighter now though.
terran early game is still a smidgen too strong, terran lategame a tad weak and protoss late game is too strong.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Pandaman said:
Zerg are still the weakest race, its just baddies being bad.
terrans and protoss and hurrr t1.5-t2 deathpush off 2base without scouting. thats why you see scrubs crying about hellions not working versus roach. duh, roach is supposed to be hellions hardcounter, dont go hellion if you scout roach! [lol at protoss and terrans actually scouting]

the balance is alot tighter now though.
terran early game is still a smidgen too strong, terran lategame a tad weak and protoss late game is too strong.
Yeah it's making me feel about switching to Zerg with all these buffs now that early shenanigan play is much more manageable and I prefer macro games.

I went with T out of familiarity and tanks, but I never really liked the roles of any of the units introduced.

Baneling and muta + burrowed roaches map control? Yes pls let me make 70 drones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom