• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

farnham

Banned
Syth_Blade22 said:
p9b3n.jpg
:lol :lol

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to make custom chat commands in the SC2 editor. All I'm trying to do atm is have "hello world!" pop up when "-hello" is typed. Google isn't helping cuz i'm not sure what to search for

Just played a game where I expanded to 4 bases and donated all my money to my partner. He turtled and didn't defend me bases despite his huge army. He ragequit and He was floating 12k minerals and 8k gas. Funny game, I think the strategy could work well.

farnham

Banned
Visualante said:
Just played a game where I expanded to 4 bases and donated all my money to my partner. He turtled and didn't defend me bases despite his huge army. He ragequit and He was floating 12k minerals and 8k gas. Funny game, I think the strategy could work well.
okay.. so you won ?

Haunted

He ragequit because you gave him all your money?

edit: didn't see the NeoGAF shoutout by DJWheat yesterday until now, <3

Slasher

Sup guys, Day 2 is starting in one hour, hope you liked the shoutouts so far :)

HuK vs Machine will be the first match of the day, GET HYPED! Here's the schedule:

2:00 PM EST/20:00 CET Pre-Show Championship Sunday
3:00 PM EST/21:00 CET Semifinal 1: TL.HuK vs EG.Machine
4:30 PM EST/22:30 CET Semifinal 2: EG.LzGaMeR vs root.SLush
6:00 PM EST/00:00 CET Grand Final
7:30 PM EST/01:30 CET (EG.IdrA vs Winner)

Day9 and djWHEAT on the mic, tune in LIVE at http://www.djWHEAT.tv

VOD's can be found at http://www.djWHEAT.blip.tv when the event is over, and for now on http://www.ustream.tv/channel/djwheat

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
your posts are so awesome slasher.

i fell asleep during last nights cast but you guys had all the matches up and seperated when i woke up, you guys have showed up the blizzcon stream in every concievable way at this point. great work.

IceMarker

bistromathics said:
Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to make custom chat commands in the SC2 editor. All I'm trying to do atm is have "hello world!" pop up when "-hello" is typed. Google isn't helping cuz i'm not sure what to search for
Event - If player types "-hello" exactly
Action - UI send a text message "Hello world!" to the chat area.

Off the top of my head.

Deadman

Great timing on the clocks going back an hour, means i can watch the idra vs winner match at a normalish time.

Huk to win tournament, idra to win super final.

Id also like to echo the praise for the way this event was run.

Slavik81

Deadman said:
Great timing on the clocks going back an hour, means i can watch the idra vs winner match at a normalish time.

Huk to win tournament, idra to win super final.

Id also like to echo the praise for the way this event was run.
The windows clock is telling me that daylight savings time ends next week...

bistromathics said:
I don't know if it's the best way to do it, but something like this works:
tpFTU.png

You open the trigger editor for your map and create a new trigger, and to that, add a new event (ctrl-e) of "Game->Chat Message" with parameters as shown in the image. Then there's a whole bunch of ways to display text, but I made a dialog box with a label with its text parameter containing the desired text as shown.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Xyphie said:
Just beautiful, beautiful play by HuK, so good, so creative. Wow.
No offense to you or HuK, but cannons into 4 gate is not creative.
It's something that just isn't abused as much as it should be.

He pulled it off very well though.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Dreams-Visions said:
Pylon walls with the possibility of a cannon follow up has been going on since beta, that's all.

It's a really really strong opening and more people should abuse it.

Won

Hazaro said:
Pylon walls with the possibility of a cannon follow up has been going on since beta, that's all.

It's a really really strong opening and more people should abuse it.

It got much much weaker with the Roach range increase. The way HuK played it out was amazing with the delayed cannons and the quick Sentry to push back the Roaches.

Deadman

Zen said:
What episode is this? :lol

It was at the start of this broadcast today

This strategy on scrapstation is exactly the same as the one kiwikaki did against idra at mlg dc. Idra won that though because hes super awesome.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Won said:
It got much much weaker with the Roach range increase. The way HuK played it out was amazing with the delayed cannons and the quick Sentry to push back the Roaches.
You can block roaches with pylons but not gateways/core since you'll have the 1 range advantage. It's still as valid as ever imo.

This game I like much better since... it looks like HuK is just massing tons of gas while denying bases :lol

*Got twenty cannons, but only one in the main. No sentries at home either, for some reason running them at Machine's ramp.

Won said:
indeed. it was superbly pulled off. game 2 you could tell he probably doesn't do that much, as there were too many small things he did wrong. little mistakes at this level are usually a function of having tried something new and feeling the pressure of such decision-making.

V_Arnold

I am so excited. As a Protoss/Zerg player, I could just FEAR both players at the same time... muta numbers were awesome, but Z lost the map control to gain another 2-3 min and 10+ mutas, getting to the total numbers of 20+ mutalisk... that was his problem.

..and as a Protoss, as soon as you see those mutalisks, you have to bring change, or gg basically... -.-

HuK should win this.

Keikaku said:
HuK can still use a regular play-style, apparently :p

Still can't get over how quickly Stalkers melt Mutas without support.

That was not just stalkers. 1 on 1, Mutas own stalkers, due to bounce missiles. But Stalkers + Support (Sentry guardian shield) is a game changer there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom