• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
On the plus side when the game lags for 5 seconds (when it warps in) Machine has like 30 seconds for it to get to his main.

*OH HO

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Machine handled that pretty damn well.

I agree with the spire vs hydra den decision, but the counter attacks were good.
Haunted said:
How is machine still in this?
2 mining bases vs 1.

Won said:
"lol"

:lol
I guess that laugh was to keep from crying. :lol

HuK was brilliant today. damn. a clear and deliberate plan for each game, beginning to end.

Hazaro said:
Machine handled that pretty damn well.
no, he lost. and failed after scouting it well before it launched. he didn't handle anything today well except the scrap station game. and even then because HuK forgot to protect home.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Dreams-Visions said:
no, he lost. and failed after scouting it well before it launched. he didn't handle anything today well.
Past the whole, making a spire first thing. :lol
The mothership was 5 seconds from completion when he scouted it.

Zzoram

Carriers would've won the game faster. He could've gotten a carrier out and in Machine's main much sooner, before the spire was up, and Carriers can kill 2 Queens super fast then snipe spire and gg.

Hazaro said:
Past the whole, making a spire first thing. :lol
The mothership was 5 seconds from completion when he scouted it.
no, he had just started chronobosting the nexus then. he had time to "lol", think about what he was going to do about it...then plant a spire. then the thing was only marginally aggressive for the first 30 seconds of attack. long enough for him to have gotten what? 5 or 6 mutas out?

if he had made the correct decision, he survives that push and that mothership drops much sooner. he failed, period.

Zzoram said:
Carriers would've won the game faster. He could've gotten a carrier out and in Machine's main much sooner, before the spire was up, and Carriers can kill 2 Queens super fast then snipe spire and gg.
possibly, but if he had gotten mutas up, the carriers probably would have went down and he would have been out a ton of resources. that's an even bigger risk, IMO. at least we have historical evidence that shows a mothership rush can win.

Haunted

day9 having some greenscreen fun :lol

Can I say that I love how charming these cheap transitions and greenscreen effects are?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Dreams-Visions said:
no, he had just started chronobosting the nexus then. he had time to "lol", think about what he was going to do about it...then plant a spire. then the thing was only marginally aggressive for the first 30 seconds of attack. long enough for him to have gotten what? 5 or 6 mutas out?

if he had made the correct decision, he survives that push and that mothership drops much sooner. he failed, period.
Shoot, could have sworn it was much later scout.

<3 broodlords.

I wish they are used more and protected more. A lot of times players just get them and a-move. Protect them with roaches and transfuse the hurt ones! Oh, well, doesn't matter slush wins anyway.

Tacitus_

vicissitudes said:
Stream down again.....where are all the blizzcon haters at?

Edit: maybe it was just down for me

Free, community made stream vs paid, massive corporation backed.

And it's still more stable.

Majine

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
anyone else disappointed we don't get to see the faces of the competitors? I'd like to see what they look like.
Uh, they did show pictures of the four semifinalists a couple of times.

twofold

Dreams-Visions said:
oh okay. I missed it. I'd have preferred it more like the GomTV tourney.

They're playing from their homes - not at a lan somewhere. Setting up webcams and what not would be a major pain.

twofold said:
They're playing from their homes - not at a lan somewhere. Setting up webcams and what not would be a major pain.
ooooooooh!

I thought this was like the GomTV tourney. explains the connection issues. I just thought their lan occasionally went on the fritz. I assumed the background cheering was a crowd of some sort. I guess it was just the rest of the production staff?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Dreams-Visions said:
ooooooooh!

I thought this was like the GomTV tourney. explains the connection issues. I just thought their lan occasionally went on the fritz. I assumed the background cheering was a crowd of some sort. I guess it was just the rest of the production staff?
I don't think anyone has the LAN version except GOMTV (If they are even using it).

Hopefully the Canadian matchup will be more stable.
Is IdrA back in the states for MLG Dallas? Or will he be playing from Korea?

twofold

Hazaro said:
I don't think anyone has the LAN version except GOMTV (If they are even using it).

GomTV use battle.net to play games. I imagine that there is very little lag, however, considering how good Korea's internet infrastructure is.

Idra is playing from the US so lag won't be a problem.

Cerberus

Hazaro said:

Slasher said Idra is already here in the U.S. for MLG Dallas.

edit: GAF shoutout!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom