• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenks

It seems since Cool won the GSL (spoiler?) every single person on the ladder is a Zerg now. Shame too because my TvZ is by far my worst matchup, probably due to lack of practice :|

KuroNeeko

Tenks said:
It seems since Cool won the GSL (spoiler?) every single person on the ladder is a Zerg now. Shame too because my TvZ is by far my worst matchup, probably due to lack of practice :|

Don't think it'll last. Not everyone can play at Fruit Seller's level.

What a shitty day for laddering. Lost to a BCs / vikings; a scv rush (where my drones just sat there like little stoned dimwits; and got to experience the horridness that is Delta Quadrant. Any other zergs have a helluva time doing anything on this map? Playing against a Protoss who just went straight blink stalkers and sat up on those ledges over my natural. Threw up a few cannons and that was it. Just left the game (with a gg) because I didn't want to put up with it.

Fruit Dealer is like my new hero. That guy almost single handedly shut up the whole world. Even if people can't play at his level, there's something about seeing people taking a tool that most people dismiss as inferior and then build something amazing with it.

Never really thought I'd "cheer on" players in e-sports, but Fruit Dealer really felt like an underdog and I was silently cheering him on for sure. Bring on Season 2!!

Pandaman said:
delta is harsh versus protoss, but i do like it versus terran.

I hate it vs everyone, the safe expo at the back is really hard to attack as Protoss without using rays or the "special pylon". Oh and some "smart" terrans have a bastard of a habbit of building a proxy rax, flying it up to the high ground behind that natural and making reapers. GAHAHAHAHAHA

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Haven't played in two days... I'm screwed.

Zzoram

Zerg is incredibly hard to play at low skill level. Larvae inject is very unforgiving, miss one round and you're down 4 units per hatchery. If you miss a mule, you can just drop 2-4 at once, and if you miss a chrono you can do 2-8 at once. Also Zerg is a reactive race, you have to constantly scout and react to what your opponent is doing appropriately, and know when to drone and when to make an army. These things are not easy to do.

KuroNeeko

JasoNsider said:
Fruit Dealer is like my new hero. That guy almost single handedly shut up the whole world. Even if people can't play at his level, there's something about seeing people taking a tool that most people dismiss as inferior and then build something amazing with it.

Never really thought I'd "cheer on" players in e-sports, but Fruit Dealer really felt like an underdog and I was silently cheering him on for sure. Bring on Season 2!!

Yeah, same here.

His wins were pretty damn decisive too. He's pretty vocal about his opinion on Zerg - hopefully his voice will help contribute to new changes.

Panda >

Sorry I couldn't get back to you. Thanks for the advice on the probe / scv rush. Problem is that it happens before my SP gets up. I mean, I'm talking like he makes a few workers then comes straight over. His units have no problem focus firing mine - but when I try to do the same they just sit there. Then I'm done a few drones and he has the upper hand. Hey, if it's in the game then it must be a viable "strat" right?

Yoshichan said:

What happen to all that bravado? Don't go breaking your keyboard, mang!

Zzoram

Yoshichan said:

That's fine, I go days at a time without playing now and I don't seem to be getting worse. Then again, I watch streams of tournaments on TL every day so maybe that's helping.

V_Arnold

KuroNeeko said:
Sorry I couldn't get back to you. Thanks for the advice on the probe / scv rush. Problem is that it happens before my SP gets up. I mean, I'm talking like he makes a few workers then comes straight over. His units have no problem focus firing mine - but when I try to do the same they just sit there. Then I'm done a few drones and he has the upper hand. Hey, if it's in the game then it must be a viable "strat" right?

The best thing to do is not microing (if you are not good with that), simply run away from the fight until your spawning pool finishes. Even 6-8 scv/drone/probe will have a HUGE work to do to kill a single spawning pool, and even if they manage to do that, you can start producing some Zerglings anyways. Run around with your units, buy time till you have buildings, and if he decides to play the hero trying to take down your pool, you will have the advantage cause you can attack him now, and if he decides to fight back, your fighting units will come earlier than his - and you instawin.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
V_Arnold said:
The best thing to do is not microing (if you are not good with that), simply run away from the fight until your spawning pool finishes. Even 6-8 scv/drone/probe will have a HUGE work to do to kill a single spawning pool, and even if they manage to do that, you can start producing some Zerglings anyways. Run around with your units, buy time till you have buildings, and if he decides to play the hero trying to take down your pool, you will have the advantage cause you can attack him now, and if he decides to fight back, your fighting units will come earlier than his - and you instawin.
killing the pool = instagg too. good ol broodlings.

just run and wait for zerglings or attack when he goes for the hatch or just mine as he goes for the pool and lol.

Zzoram said:
Zerg is incredibly hard to play at low skill level. Larvae inject is very unforgiving, miss one round and you're down 4 units per hatchery. If you miss a mule, you can just drop 2-4 at once, and if you miss a chrono you can do 2-8 at once. Also Zerg is a reactive race, you have to constantly scout and react to what your opponent is doing appropriately, and know when to drone and when to make an army. These things are not easy to do.
yep.

overseer the second lair finishes or else. :lol

Haunted

Cheeto said:
Hows your econ bro?
*enters enemy base with 7 mutas, kills a supply depot*

SAY GOODNIGHT

*loses 4 of his 7 mutas to a thor in mere seconds, forced to pull back*

watervengeance said:
My goodness. WAtched Wolf's cast of the games, easiest 100$ chease ever made.

Why didn't those two jokers just looked at the Blizzard Top 200? They've massively overestimated themselves. :lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Cheeto said:
Hows your econ bro?
giJw3.jpg

Balls of steel style is best style.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ultron87 said:
So that little bump at around 300 is what, four zerglings? Which promptly got killed off :lol.
yep, they kill the scouting probe and run in during the gap between the first stalker and the overseer spawn. [and hold watchtower]

its only really safe on large maps like scrap and oasis though. :p

Had a really good weekend of SC. I got back into Gold after over a month in Silver and finally have a winning record overall. I think my success is 50-50 between choosing to stick with Protoss instead of Random and Macro, Macro, Macro.

Looking at my games from the weekend, win or loss, I'm almost always ahead in probe count at the end. Constantly making workers and pylons really does help--Day 9 (and everyone else) wasn't lying. Going 2 gate robo and having the same gateway army numbers as your 4-gating opponent, but having a couple immortals mixed in on top just feels good. Even if you trade armies, it's ok because you have 40 probes--so do an expand -> transfer and you're now pumping out colossi and an even bigger gateway army. Yum.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Draft said:
What the hell does that graph mean, anyway?
basically means i didnt build [or have] any combat units to speak of until the second the protoss stepped out of his base.

or, i did nothing but power drones until the 4gate started.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Finally did my placement matches for the first time since beta. Gold league bitches! won 4/5 of my games.

Also campaign:

I was cruising along on Hard difficulty - having to reload a save every once in a while to retry a section, but I would usually knock out a mission after the second try, third at most. Then I get to the super nova level and thenSC's like shut the fuck up Nate! YOURE MY NEW BITCH

seriously... that level was super easy until you get near the artifact and you have a huge toss base to your south and another right above you and, for the life of me I could not beat it. It was so frustrating, I must have tried like 25 times.

I was stuck with super limited resources which made it almost impossible to punch through that southern choke. I eventually completely restarted the level and got stuck in the same place.

: (

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Kodiak said:
Finally did my placement matches for the first time since beta. Gold league bitches! won 4/5 of my games.

Also campaign:

I was cruising along on Hard difficulty - having to reload a save every once in a while to retry a section, but I would usually knock out a mission after the second try, third at most. Then I get to the super nova level and thenSC's like shut the fuck up Nate! YOURE MY NEW BITCH

seriously... that level was super easy until you get near the artifact and you have a huge toss base to your south and another right above you and, for the life of me I could not beat it. It was so frustrating, I must have tried like 25 times.

I was stuck with super limited resources which made it almost impossible to punch through that southern choke. I eventually completely restarted the level and got stuck in the same place.

: (

One thing about that level is that the wall of fire will actually move faster the sooner you move away from it.

Just make 2-3 starports with tech labs and make a lot of banshees and you should get through the level pretty easily. Just be smart about how you use cloak and micro your banshees.

Deadman

Gisado's stream

Gisado does a king of the hill tournament (winner stays on)

Boxer is playing right now.

Cool played in to the rainbow before but i missed it.

Its in korean.

Edit: Great it finished about 2 minutes after i posted :lol

Hopetorture/ITR beat cool and boxer i think.

Zzoram

Using nothing but cloaked banshees you can beat supernova. Scan a lot to figure out a route with the least cannons an go that way, killing he cannons. Without the detectionyou can snipe the Artifact no problem.

To get the collectibles scan the area then drop a mule on it. Cheap but it works.

krzy123

yeah just go mass banshee, i got a couple sci vessals and the merc vikings too, take out some of the scouts/phoenixes near the artifact.

forgrim

Or do what I did, and let the fire kill everything while hiding the banshee's in the southeast corner, and when it demolishes most of the top base, just cloak and run up and snipe the artifact. Easiest way to do it on brutal.

Zzoram

forgrim said:
Or do what I did, and let the fire kill everything while hiding the banshee's in the southeast corner, and when it demolishes most of the top base, just cloak and run up and snipe the artifact. Easiest way to do it on brutal.
Ya if you do this timed correctly and don't let the fire destroy te artifact I think there are only 2 cannons you need to worry about.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Did my first 4v4 today :lol :lol :lol

Man, team random matchmaking is so broken. So I'm in 3v3 gold and won 6 in a row. The system decides to put me with a gold and a plat against two diamonds and a plat. This has happened for several games now. By the way, the gold player was silver 1v1 and the plat player was bronze 1v1. :lol So naturally they get wiped out and I try to go 1v3 every game. 3v3 matchmaking really needs work.

Fjord

vicissitudes said:
3v3 matchmaking really needs work.

I disagree, the matchmaking is amazing in this game. You were probably with a couple guys on winning streaks with decent hidden MMRs.

Fjord said:
I disagree, the matchmaking is amazing in this game. You were probably with a couple guys on winning streaks with decent hidden MMRs.

1v1 matchmaking is amazing. For 3v3s and 4v4s there are way, way too many players in plat/gold that are flat out terrible and bronze in 1v1. They either get carried, or do early rushes with teammates that are so effective against random teams where players below diamond generally are terrible at helping each other. I like playing team games because it's less stressful than 1v1s but if you play random the quality of your teammates are just all over the place.

Reminder that we have Day9's Funday Monday coming up soon on his livestream. The restriction for this week was for Terran players to use no marines, no marauders and no tanks during the game. We'll see if there's any interesting strategies, or if people just reaper rushed and followed with cloaked banshees. Should be starting in about 10 minutes or so.

http://www.ustream.tv/day9tv

Yoshichan

Just saw Totalhalibut vs fake blonde girl (it was really Husky) :( Feel so bad for him.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Pyke Presco said:
Reminder that we have Day9's Funday Monday coming up soon on his livestream. The restriction for this week was for Terran players to use no marines, no marauders and no tanks during the game. We'll see if there's any interesting strategies, or if people just reaper rushed and followed with cloaked banshees. Should be starting in about 10 minutes or so.

http://www.ustream.tv/day9tv
watching on ustream...ewww. I only watch on teamliquid. I always get random lag issues on those sites

Snow

Corran Horn said:
watching on ustream...ewww. I only watch on teamliquid. I always get random lag issues on those sites
I don't think teamliquid has its own streaming service. It's all embeds of ustream or livestream feeds. Ustream is one of the better ones though, at least for me. Livestream seems to be pretty choppy for me most of the time, ustream is usually pretty smooth at decent quality.

Corran Horn

Snow said:
I don't think teamliquid has its own streaming service. It's all embeds of ustream or livestream feeds. Ustream is one of the better ones though, at least for me. Livestream seems to be pretty choppy for me most of the time, ustream is usually pretty smooth at decent quality.
Ya its embedded without all of that Ustream background stuff (and livestream for others).

Draft

Just won my first base race with superior ramp forcefield micro :lol

edit: Also, the one Protoss flyer is locked in place while it hovers enemy units? That's pretty crappy.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Draft said:
edit: Also, the one Protoss flyer is locked in place while it hovers enemy units? That's pretty crappy.
the phoenix?

are you suggesting it should be able to use graviton beam while moving and shooting?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Scrow said:
the phoenix?

are you suggesting it should be able to use graviton beam while moving and shooting?
He's probably referring to the bug that freezes the Phoenix until the timer on the move expires, rather than when the enemy unit is destroyed.

Sarye

Dance In My Blood said:
He's probably referring to the bug that freezes the Phoenix until the timer on the move expires, rather than when the enemy unit is destroyed.

you have to hit esc to get them to move again or wait but it's annoying.

Corran Horn

Funday monday, 3v3 or 4v4. Only make one unit. Must publicly type out what unit you are making too. Lets do this gaf :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom