• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in Corran, count me in for Protoss going Immortals or High Templars.

No...Archons! Archons are SOOOOO good! Very late game strategy though, gonna have to cannon turtle or get someone to go early tier units for defense.

PykePresco, 225. 1v1 Gold level Protoss.

Mystery

Corran Horn said:
Funday monday, 3v3 or 4v4. Only make one unit. Must publicly type out what unit you are making too. Lets do this gaf :lol

I'm down. I'm a 1v1 diamond Protoss. Never played any team games, though. I plan on mass Phoenix. :)

ForeverEnder.919

Corran Horn said:
Funday monday, 3v3 or 4v4. Only make one unit. Must publicly type out what unit you are making too. Lets do this gaf :lol

Even though he wants todo it in a team game, I am also going to attempt this 1v1 in Ladder :lol

KuroNeeko

Corran Horn said:

Is that the actual restriction for this week?

What the hell do you do if you want to go baneling, broodlord, or archon?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
KuroNeeko said:
Is that the actual restriction for this week?

What the hell do you do if you want to go baneling, broodlord, or archon?
Make shitload of static defense and pray your teammates can help soon? :lol :lol

The more epic the better

LakeEarth

None of the games really had the wow factor of the no queens daily. But next weeks could be fun. I'd love to see Mothership banelings so you can do the vortex of death.

I would totally do a mass Phoenix for the Funday Monday challenge. Maybe sometime this weekend.

Someone should totally do a Probe/SCV/Drone rush. :D

Corran, Valenti Mystery and I are gonna do some 3v3s right now, we're trying archons, phoenix and banshees. Jump on for some 4v4 action! For Archons I'll just warp in templar 2 at a time and merge immediately! Hope there's no ghosts...

Tenks

I haven't watched this Day9 but this Funday struck me as kind of dumb. It completely removed the Terran core and left them with really nothing but those 'cutsey' (tm/day9) units. I'd expect to see alot of Reaper stall into Banshee into Thor. At least when he proposed the idea that is what I figured would work the best.

Paper Tiger

Neo Member
I would definitely be down - PaperTiger

I'm assuming we're allowed to make more workers in addition to whatever unit we declare? If not :lol

I'll be carriers :D

LakeEarth

Tenks said:
I haven't watched this Day9 but this Funday struck me as kind of dumb. It completely removed the Terran core and left them with really nothing but those 'cutsey' (tm/day9) units. I'd expect to see alot of Reaper stall into Banshee into Thor. At least when he proposed the idea that is what I figured would work the best.
I was very confused that we didn't see a single thor at all.

And apparently Queens, Observers, and assuming static defense are fine to build on top of what you're massing.

We just did a round but one guy had his computer crash and another left, so it was pretty onesided. That said, marine/battlecruiser/archon is pretty damn nasty.

KuroNeeko

Valenti told me to ask for an invite and then disappeared?

Funday going down right now? Someone invite me before my lunch break finishes!

I already got some random idea's for the 4v4 funday thing. The most baller thing would be a 4v4 and announce Mothership with an army of probes! :lol

Go my babies! Mommy will protect you!

Aquavelvaman said:
Do Queens count as "a unit" for Funday Monday?

I've done mass queens in team games before, tis a lot of fun. No one expects it and they usually dont know what to do to it (even though it is really easy to stop).

KuroNeeko

First impression is that mass infestors is not the way to go.

Didn't help that I walled off the wrong area of my base... :(

LakeEarth said:
And apparently Queens, Observers, and assuming static defense are fine to build on top of what you're massing.

Damn it.

jasonng

KuroNeeko said:
First impression is that mass infestors is not the way to go.

Didn't help that I walled off the wrong area of my base... :(

Damn it.

I thought about mass infestors as well. Probably would've helped you if you 15 hatch right away. It's what I did.

If it isn't already, funday Monday should be a regular thing.

KuroNeeko

Ah, yeah. That might work.

I did throw up a hatch to block off my ramp - but then found out that it was the wrong ramp.

Also was under the impression you couldn't use queens. :(

Oh well, I can see that playing these off-wall games will help you think outside the box. I didn't know what the heck was going on. Nice to get out of 1v1 every once and a while.

I'm pretty sure your allowed queens as a unit for Macro reasons, not attacking reasons. If you wanted to go Mass queens you'd have to state mass queens. I doubt he'd cast something where you go 1/2 mass queen and 1/2 mass something else.

But I am curious as to what his Policy is on Motherships.

mcrae

hey guys, im SOOOOO down for a funday monday game if anyone is online. mcrae.763, hopping on right now. not sure what i'll go, roaches or hydras probably. mutas? i dunno lol.

Sblargh

Banned
Tank nerf actually worked, methinks. My win ratio against terrans going tanks has increased, since zealots don't just evaporate anymore. I still have that pattern where all the zealots are dead but there are plenty of stalkers and immortals to more than clean up, but I actually see zealots reaching and hitting the tanks a few times where before they would just evaporate like they never been there in the first place.

Mystery

Phoenix is not a good idea for Funday Monday. High Templars + Agressive cannons is a very good idea, though. You need roach or stalker support to pull it off.

KuroNeeko

mcrae said:
hey guys, im SOOOOO down for a funday monday game if anyone is online. mcrae.763, hopping on right now. not sure what i'll go, roaches or hydras probably. mutas? i dunno lol.

Dood, don't do muta;D

Do something crazy!

I really wanted to go zergling or baneling. Finally an excuse to go crazy with mass speedlings! Mwahahahahahahaha! Hydras can work since you can mass queens as well for Transfusions and Creep Tumors.

Really, I understand the reasoning behind allowing queens (since Terran has OC and Protoss has chrono) but letting them move out with the army seems like cheating. :(

It should be noted that both teams did the Funday Monday restriction, which sort of isnt as great. I want to see a single unit stomp a proper mix. But damn is Marine/Archon/Battlecruiser ever awesome.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
valenti said:
i shouldve killed u corran when i had the opportunity :lol
Yep you had tanks at my door and I only had like 2 canons. All you had to do was push and I lose :lol
Thank god you didnt. I got a void ray out quick enough to push back your medivac and then someone else attacked you :lol

mcrae

played 2 3v3s with pyke and timeshare, first game we went roach/marine/stalker, second game hydra/roach/immortal. our opponents werent amazing but the games were pretty fun!

What's the best way to control an army of Marine/Marauder/Ghost? I want to keep the entire army on one hotkey (including the ghosts) and then have another hotkey with JUST the ghosts so I can control EMPs. however, when the ghosts are in a control group, i can't use stimpacks on the marines/marauders because the ghost's abilities take priority.

what's the best way to control these units?

Dresden

autobzooty said:
What's the best way to control an army of Marine/Marauder/Ghost? I want to keep the entire army on one hotkey (including the ghosts) and then have another hotkey with JUST the ghosts so I can control EMPs. however, when the ghosts are in a control group, i can't use stimpacks on the marines/marauders because the ghost's abilities take priority.

Uh, just keep them separate.

Dresden said:
Uh, just keep them separate.

yeah, i figured as much, but i hate moving two control groups of units across the map and giving two control groups the same orders constantly. :lol

guess i need to work on my APM.

Narag

autobzooty said:

You can tab through the unit types in a group if that helps.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
autobzooty said:

e, click, tab, t = winnar

HankToms

Corran Horn said:

I thought the day9 Funday Monday was no marines, mauraders, or tanks? Or is this a neogaf funday monday restriction?

HankToms

I just learned about them with his youtube videos. I didn't realize the fundays are what people did in the past week. Thanks CronicalX.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Okay, so if I want to hatch larvas with hotkeys, it's 5 (target Hatchery), F (target Larva), and press a button...

But how the hey do I chrono boost Nexus as 'toss without looking at it? 5 to target, C to mark the chrono boost, but then what?

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
ChronicleX said:
But I am curious as to what his Policy is on Motherships.
speaking of motherships... i think they should change the limit from one per player to one per nexus.

Yoshichan said:
But how the hey do I chrono boost Nexus as 'toss without looking at it? 5 to target, C to mark the chrono boost, but then what?
have your production buildings hotkeyed, press said hotkey, click specific building portrait?

Yoshichan said:
Okay, so if I want to hatch larvas with hotkeys, it's 5 (target Hatchery), F (target Larva), and press a button...

I think you can click on the minimap. I know that Zerg can click on the minimap to Spawn Larva.

Pretty sure you can't actually click on the portraits/wireframe anymore though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ChronicleX said:
Aye you cannot. Best method is to hotkey nexus to X and watever to Y, then do XCYY-click.
Damn it, that's gonna take me a long time getting used to...

Tacitus_

Ok, where the hell can I get these :lol

4alYF.png

And no, I don't mean the shirt, I know where I can get those!

V_Arnold

Yoshichan said:
Damn it, that's gonna take me a long time getting used to...

Deal with it!
For me, first hatch: 4
Second hatch: 5
All queen: 0

Inject:
440v(click)550v(click) (middle of the screen).

After 1-2 more exps, I usually get them to 6 or 7. It is effective, not so much with 6+ bases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom