• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceMarker

Hey guys just wanted to pop-in to let you know a couple things...

First, Maximum has been re-published to Battle.net and is now available for play once again, I had taken it down due to little to no interest, but a few people have been bugging me to upload it again, so here we are! Enjoy! (Just search "Maximum" when creating a custom game.)

Second, Won is my chosen EU publishing partner! That means all future maps I create that EU players would like to play, please contact him and I and we will work out a way to get a map of mine on the EU servers! SEA players, since SCII patch 1.1, I don't need an SEA publisher because you can access the NA servers now.

Finally, since Won is now my publishing partner, I'd like to announce that EU players will be able to play Shadow Assault and Maximum by tomorrow, as soon as Won publishes they should be up, I'll leave that to him to announce when they are up in EU in the thread.

And that's all she wrote, I'll be lurking the thread if you need me, until then, back to working on SA 2.0.

LakeEarth

I wonder how well a mass medivac build would work with the funday monday challenge. The other 3 individuals could mass strong biological units that'd get healed non-stop. Of course one at least one would have to have anti-air capabilities. Plus tons of drops.

Mardil

LakeEarth said:
I wonder how well a mass medivac build would work with the funday monday challenge. The other 3 individuals could mass strong biological units that'd get healed non-stop. Of course one at least one would have to have anti-air capabilities. Plus tons of drops.
It would work great if your allies go hydras...

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
i wonder how a mass phoenix and stalker combo would go.

most of the phoenix units are only there to lift as many enemy units as possible and the stalkers are there to shoot them out of the sky.

ultron87

Brood Lords/Vikings/something on the ground to keep stuff away from the Brood Lords.

Only real problem is surviving long enough to get to Greater Spire since that takes about a year to morph.

ChronicleX said:
What is this I don't even.... :lol

Aye you cannot. Best method is to hotkey nexus to X and watever to Y, then do XCYY-click.

Or, hotkey production building to Y, hotkey nexus to X, and do YY, XC. If I have 2 Nexus, I have both of them hotkeyed to 4, then say I have stargates hotkeyed to 5. Go 55, VV to start building voids, then 4 c-stargate, c-stargate. That way you're focused on your production building and can build then chronoboost right away, and you don't even have to check which nexus has enough energy for a chronoboost!

V_Arnold said:
Deal with it!
For me, first hatch: 4
Second hatch: 5
All queen: 0

Inject:
440v(click)550v(click) (middle of the screen).

After 1-2 more exps, I usually get them to 6 or 7. It is effective, not so much with 6+ bases.

I do first hatch + queen = 4, second hatch + queen = 5, and so on. Then just do 44v-click, 55v-click. Saves a key :) I rarely get to 7. And if I have two hatch with two queen in the main, hotkey all of them to 4, then 44v-click-v-click and they'll do the right thing.

Okay all this hotkey talk makes me feel really nerdy :/

Cheeto

vicissitudes said:
I do first hatch + queen = 4, second hatch + queen = 5, and so on. Then just do 44v-click, 55v-click. Saves a key :) I rarely get to 7. And if I have two hatch with two queen in the main, hotkey all of them to 4, then 44v-click-v-click and they'll do the right thing.
Does that still allow you to hit 4s-(unit hotkey) to build?

Pretty sure you can't load ally units into a bunker either.

However, you CAN repair a colossus! I actually held off a double zealot rush because of this.

krzy123

for me the obstacle is using shift + control group (add to) instead of ctrl + control group (assign), when assigning units

argh got to break habits

:/

clav

Pyke Presco said:
Here's a couple more Funday Monday Games. Game 1 is Roach-Marine-Sentry, Game 2 is Roach-Hydra-Immortal. Really sloppy play by me (protoss) in both games, not sure if the other guys played better, but our opponents were just terrible.

Game 1: Marine/Sentry/Roach

Game 2: Roach/Immortal/Hydra

1. :lol
You got cannoned in.

The opponent who got Mutas just didn't harass at the right chance. Well played by your teal ally to keep everyone in.

Yeah, I'll agree both games the opponents weren't very good. Still, fun to watch.

clav

watervengeance said:
Too bad day9 won't show any boring unit compositions
Maybe he'll show some if bothl 3/4 allied teams mass the same single unit followed by the other team massing a counter or same thing.

claviertekky said:
1. :lol
You got cannoned in.

The opponent who got Mutas just didn't harass at the right chance. Well played by your teal ally to keep everyone in.

Yeah, I'll agree both games the opponents weren't very good. Still, fun to watch.

Yeah, first game sucked for me, I got so far behind because of that cannon rush. Didnt even see the forge in the protoss base and once I finally noticed what was happening in my base there was already a pylon and cannon finished and the second one was almost done. And he could have easily continued the cannon contain into my natural and just kept me out completely.

Game 2, thank god for those hydralisks. If that guy had made like 10 more mutas he could have taken me out of the game completely, didn't push his advantage at all. Mcrae sent me some hydra's and let me control them, which bought me enough time to get my economy back and booming. But I love how I was running triple robo off of two base, and they were ALWAYS producing. That shit is ridiculous, just did not expect to be able to do that.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Tacitus_ said:
Day9 bear semen isn't my strangest google search but I didn't find anything of value :(

I can't remember which daily it was, but he joked that Bear Semen would be an awesome name for an energy drink. If you look at the picture he posted, you'll see he took the joke a bit further. :lol

ultron87

ZealousD said:
I can't remember which daily it was, but he joked that Bear Semen would be an awesome name for an energy drink. If you look at the picture he posted, you'll see he took the joke a bit further. :lol

It was from his cast of a TeamLiquid grudge match between a poster and one of their moderators.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dqYxpxegrk

It's of Brood War, but the way he casts it makes it one of my favorite things on the internet ever even though I can barely tell what is going on. Warning: Profanity.

Cheeto said:
Does that still allow you to hit 4s-(unit hotkey) to build?

No, I usually spawn right as the previous spawning larvae pop, so it's 44v(click on hatch), (click on hatch)s(unit). I also check each hatch a couple times between spawnings, so it goes check->pop unit, check->pop unit, check->spawn->pop 4 units. So there's no need to do 4s(unit) although you can always do 4
s(unit). Tab gets you to the hatch instead of queen.

I've also heard of some way where you put all queens in one control group and all hatches in another and use backspace to cycle through them or something? Sounded confusing.

Just got done beating a 3v3 with a group doing funday monday :lol

They went zealots,roaches, and medivacs..... got eaten by Collosus :lol

Vaporak

valenti said:
So I'm playing a protoss in the MA finals..any tips for pvt? :D

Do you happen to know his style? My advice from the Protoss perspective:

1) If you want a strong push, I find the Marine/Banshee/Raven timing push to be the hardest to defend even when I know it's coming.

2) If the Protoss Fast expands off of 1 gateway, you probably won't be able to break it, just macro/tech up yourself. Telltale signs of the FE build that your scouting worker can see is chronoboost being spent on the gateway production, and only taking 1 gas.

Nothing else really coming to mind atm.

Meeru

Banned
Well it will be windchill or tubbythefat, both of them protoss..windchill beat mardil 3-0..so hes definately a good player. tubbythefat, with his record, is good as well..and im pretty sure he'll beat windchill.

as far as strats..mardil mentioned that windchill uses a strong early army.

FoxSpirit

Tenks said:
I haven't watched this Day9 but this Funday struck me as kind of dumb. It completely removed the Terran core and left them with really nothing but those 'cutsey' (tm/day9) units. I'd expect to see alot of Reaper stall into Banshee into Thor. At least when he proposed the idea that is what I figured would work the best.

Watch it, game 3 is hilarious :lol

Won

Well, MrMister's maps are finally uploaded in the EU. Just search for "Shadow Assault" and "Maximum" and enjoy it!
I hope I have time to try it out soon.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
MrMister said:
Hey guys just wanted to pop-in to let you know a couple things...

First, Maximum has been re-published to Battle.net and is now available for play once again, I had taken it down due to little to no interest, but a few people have been bugging me to upload it again, so here we are! Enjoy! (Just search "Maximum" when creating a custom game.)

Second, Won is my chosen EU publishing partner! That means all future maps I create that EU players would like to play, please contact him and I and we will work out a way to get a map of mine on the EU servers! SEA players, since SCII patch 1.1, I don't need an SEA publisher because you can access the NA servers now.

Finally, since Won is now my publishing partner, I'd like to announce that EU players will be able to play Shadow Assault and Maximum by tomorrow, as soon as Won publishes they should be up, I'll leave that to him to announce when they are up in EU in the thread.

And that's all she wrote, I'll be lurking the thread if you need me, until then, back to working on SA 2.0.

I know we've had a chat about this, and I'm fine for it, it's easier for you too especially knowing where your maps end up.

but from a SEA/ANZ perspective this makes me sad, You guys probably don't hear a lot about it, but there are actually people upset about the NA access. This is the first time we've ever been given our own Identity if it were, and many feel that offering NA access now is likely to just tear apart the new groups and i guess yeah. I dunno it's just a little sad seeing the little community get torn apart that i've watched grow, and I hope anyone else here from SEA/ANZ who does frequent any of the sea specific sites, stays strong and stays a big part of the community. As seen by the site ill link at the end, we do have a nice community and it's good to see many of our pros sticking too it, and supporting the community thats grown in only 2 months.

be strong fellow SEA/ANZ'ers, fight the good fight, yes jump on NA if you're a friggen diamond 2000+ level and play in big tournaments.. but jump back to SEA/ANZ.. and if you're below that? stay! have fun! my only gripe with SEA/ANZ is really the lack of custom games, I've noticed that since the patch came out the first 2 pages have barely changed, and it's not like their playing numbers have increased.. most of them decreased due to lack of new games.

anyway it's 7am, I've been playing half life 2 for the first time for like the last 8 hours so i'm kinda tired and cranky and need a nap :(

>>>>>>>>>>>>www.sc2sea.com<<<<<<<<< should be one of your bookmarks SEA/ANZ gaffers:)

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
MrMister. I'm having internet problems at home so I haven't been able to try your map yet. Still just reading about your stuff inspired me to dive in and start learning the editor myself. :D

I've started building what I hope is the first in a series of story based missions focusing about a pair of characters: Fisk and Korban

Fisk is a sentient alien-dog with powerful psychic abilities, and Korban is a genetically modified super-badass assassin and the pair have been best friends ever since Korban saved Fisk's life back in the day. You have to use the pair's abilities in tandem with each other in order to overcome the wide variety of obstacles and enemies that await you.

The maps are gonna be designed so that they are fun to play single player or with two people and I'll post some screenshots later.

Any ideas on how you guys would like to see story presented without the luxury of recorded dialog?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ah so sea players have the option of sea OR na when they login?
i had assumed they just mashed the ladders together and called it a day.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Pandaman said:
ah so sea players have the option of sea OR na when they login?
i had assumed they just mashed the ladders together and called it a day.

Yeah we can go back and forth whenever we want. Different account names on both + entirely clean slate.. the 50 practice games are SO fun when you know what you're doing. :lol

PhoenixDark said:
Don't remember the last time I watched a Day9 "cast." I often just want to see a good match, not someone all in the videos, dancing.

Gravitating towards HD Starcraft lately due to his emphasis on zerg strategy
Yeah I can't stand looking at Day9 for an hour. He should just write some fucking blog posts or something.

Also seconding the recommendation for PsyStarcraft. He's my favorite. (He drops random misogyny and homophobia though, which bugs me. I don't think he realizes what he's saying sometimes.)

Pandaman said:
Psystarcraft brah.

Magic Box Guy right? I remember thinking "wow I should follow this brilliant young man" but I never did; I'll remedy that tonight.

Day9's viewer numbers have dropped since he started these long ass videos. I think he over-estimated the interest level in strategy videos. Doing one long video a week would make more sense

PhoenixDark said:
Don't remember the last time I watched a Day9 "cast." I often just want to see a good match, not someone all in the videos, dancing.

Gravitating towards HD Starcraft lately due to his emphasis on zerg strategy

The thing I really like about Day9, especially as a gold player, is that he doesn't just comment on the game as it happens. He analyzes it, which is a very different thing. For example, this would be fairly typical of Day9:

"Right here, at this moment both players have a big army, 146 for player 1 and 149 for player 2. But if we pause the game and look at the economies, player 2 is 23 harvesters ahead and spread out over an additional base, so the minerals/minute is ahead by about 800. Now they're going to fight this battle, both guys are going to lose everything, and now lets pause the game and look at what happens. Player 2 immediately reproduces out of all his buildings while player 1 can only make out of half of them. The army gets rebuilt and now we push out and it's gg."

Little tidbits like that, and his constant reminder to "Build a probe, make some pylons" to help keep the lower level players focused on the grand scheme of things is what helps to make me improve my game. I'm still not great at the game, and I'm sure the diamond players don't use as much of his info and instead just want casts like they can get from HD or Husky. I love that too, watched the GSL and enjoyed it, but Day9's casts are more a resource than anything else and that's why I think so many people like his material. But again, if you just want to watch a game you're much better off checking out GSL or a caster like HD.

EDIT: Zzoram is right, Tasteless and Artosis are pure entertainment. I absolutely love their casting, great back and forth between the two.

Raelson

PhoenixDark said:
Magic Box Guy right? I remember thinking "wow I should follow this brilliant young man" but I never did; I'll remedy that tonight.

Day9's viewer numbers have dropped since he started these long ass videos. I think he over-estimated the interest level in strategy videos. Doing one long video a week would make more sense
Psy is awesome but he has nothing to do with magic box. : p

Zzoram

HD just yells really loud exactly what is happening and is visible to my eyes already.

Day9 analyzes the reasoning behind what is happening that I may not understand, he points out things about timing and smoothness and transitioning that I would otherwise not notice.

You watch Day9 to learn. You watch HD if you have bad eyes. You watch GSL with Tasteless if you want entertainment.

Pyke Presco said:
The thing I really like about Day9, especially as a gold player, is that he doesn't just comment on the game as it happens. He analyzes it, which is a very different thing. For example, this would be fairly typical of Day9:

"Right here, at this moment both players have a big army, 146 for player 1 and 149 for player 2. But if we pause the game and look at the economies, player 2 is 23 harvesters ahead and spread out over an additional base, so the minerals/minute is ahead by about 800. Now they're going to fight this battle, both guys are going to lose everything, and now lets pause the game and look at what happens. Player 2 immediately reproduces out of all his buildings while player 1 can only make out of half of them. The army gets rebuilt and now we push out and it's gg."

Little tidbits like that, and his constant reminder to "Build a probe, make some pylons" to help keep the lower level players focused on the grand scheme of things is what helps to make me improve my game. I'm still not great at the game, and I'm sure the diamond players don't use as much of his info and instead just want casts like they can get from HD or Husky. I love that too, watched the GSL and enjoyed it, but Day9's casts are more a resource than anything else and that's why I think so many people like his material. But again, if you just want to watch a game you're much better off checking out GSL or a caster like HD.

Oh I definitely agree he brings great insight to the game, and I've found some of his videos to be helpful. But as a diamond player I often just want to watch a cast, preferably ZvT lol.

Zzoram

PhoenixDark said:
Oh I definitely agree he brings great insight to the game, and I've found some of his videos to be helpful. But as a diamond player I often just want to watch a cast, preferably ZvT lol.

Being Diamond doesn't mean you don't have things to learn. I'm Diamond 350 and I'm awful. Only the people in the ~2000 range are actually good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom