• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Zzoram said:
He's married and doesn't practice much, but he's got a ton of talent and it doesn't take him more than a few days of warmup to hang with the best again.

This, everyone on state of the game goes on about how if he practiced he would be great.

I think he has been practicing.

Mairu

Syth_Blade22 said:
This, everyone on state of the game goes on about how if he practiced he would be great.

Idra supposed to be on sotg tonight. Gonna be so good :lol

Zzoram

Syth_Blade22 said:

Tyler and White-Ra are easily top 5 foreign players from both Broodwar and Starcraft II. Every now and then they just slaughter the supposed top foreigners when they actually practice for a special event, even after long periods of low activity. Unfortunately for the fans, they're both married so they have lives and can't practice 12 hours a day every day like Idra.

Zzoram

1 free name change now available. Hmm. Maybe Boxer will change Manofoneway to SlayerS_BoxeR now that everyone knows its him.

I really hope (fake) Boxer changes his to EllenPage for the lulz.

Zzoram

Felix Lighter said:
I haven't played in so long but I've been watching a lot lately. This game is so great.

I watch way, way more than I play. I only play like once or twice a week but I watch every day.

keuja

Zzoram said:
I watch way, way more than I play. I only play like once or twice a week but I watch every day.

in that sense, SC2 is like a real sport, I watch more football than I play...

So I brought up SC2 just now and I wants me to say yes to a new terms of service agreement. The fun thing about this is that if I reject it I can't even play the game... even in single player mode.

So let me get this strait Blizzard you're now holding the game I played money for hostage if I don't agree to your new terms? What am I saying yes too exactly? Must I give up my firstborn child? Perhaps I'm signing up to be spied on while I'm in the john via webcam they remotely activate?

Fuck if I know, I guess I'll click yes but if Bobby Kotick shows up at my house for his monthly free dinner I'm gonna tell him to kiss my ass. Unless of course he brings his lawyers.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Tylahedras said:
So I brought up SC2 just now and I wants me to say yes to a new terms of service agreement. The fun thing about this is that if I reject it I can't even play the game... even in single player mode.

So let me get this strait Blizzard you're now holding the game I played money for hostage if I don't agree to your new terms? What am I saying yes too exactly? Must I give up my firstborn child? Perhaps I'm signing up to be spied on while I'm in the john via webcam they remotely activate?

Fuck if I know,
I guess I'll click yes but if Bobby Kotick shows up at my house for his monthly free dinner I'm gonna tell him to kiss my ass. Unless of course he brings his lawyers.
If you're so worked up about it, read it?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Anyone got a link to a VOD for moon vs grubby from blizzcon? game 2? I got a friend who's into war3 but never really watched a pro game before and I got him excited to see it :) just thought I'd ask here

edit: think i found one, http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjE3ODA3Nzcy.html youku.. god this site is horrid

edit 2: wrong language apparently.. i dont know i cant get youku to load for me

Zzoram

Tylahedras said:

Fuck if I know, I guess I'll click yes but if Bobby Kotick shows up at my house for his monthly free dinner I'm gonna tell him to kiss my ass. Unless of course he brings his lawyers.

all it says is that you can't hack the game or steal anything without permission, like every other game or software EULA ever

Slavik81

blip.tv sucks. If I try to skip ahead, it just fails miserably 90% of the time. Then to try again, I have to reload and watch a 30-second ad.

LakeEarth

Slavik81 said:
blip.tv sucks. If I try to skip ahead, it just fails miserably 90% of the time. Then to try again, I have to reload and watch a 30-second ad.
It also tends to start playing 10-15 seconds after you pause it.

mcrae

Tylahedras said:

read it you whiny piece of shit

Mairu

Tylahedras said:

Is this your first time playing an online game?

Jesus, if you take so much offense to it, maybe you should actually read what you're complaining about. This has nothing to do with Activision or Kotick.

Chris R

I used it twice, I was weak. I won both times decisively, even though I normally only play Protoss and don't like Zerg.

Sorry to the two folk I just cheesed :( 7 Roach just isn't fair in Gold :(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Zzoram said:
Tyler and White-Ra are easily top 5 foreign players from both Broodwar and Starcraft II. Every now and then they just slaughter the supposed top foreigners when they actually practice for a special event, even after long periods of low activity. Unfortunately for the fans, they're both married so they have lives and can't practice 12 hours a day every day like Idra.
I remember watching White-Ra own Slayers_Boxer.
He out micro'd and out played him. I think the game was on Destination over a year ago.
Just crazy :lol

TLO and Sen in for MLG !! and TLO is playing ZERG !!!!

yeah this mlg is going to be crazy. I hope they cast every single TLO match.

Zzoram

It'll be fun to see how far Tyler gets at MLG Dallas. He got pretty far at MLG DC but lost 4-3 to SeleCT, who ended up coming in 2nd so it's not like he lost to a scrub.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Slavik81 said:
How do you defend a 7-roach rush as protoss? I failed miserably.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vsst40li8ali9yi
1) Should have seen it, your probe ran away on queue and you would have seen the warren giving you more than enough time to cannon.
2) When your probe ran back it saw the den and 7 larva. As it died 7 eggs were made.
This gave you about 45 seconds before the attack hit, enough time to start a forge. You should have stopped probe production and pulled probes before the attack.
Why didn't you make a choke point at your ramp?
Chrono zealots to buy time at your choke while the cannons start. Pull probes as well. You should be able to fend it off even that late.

Anyone else think that training match are a joke ?

I mean, starter map just push you to turttle down to your base... No early scouting, no rush, nothing... You can just fast banshee/Muta/Void rays, wich is a bit stupid, because by the time you have these, the other dude turttle so hard he can counter it...

mcrae

UnluckyKate said:
Anyone else think that training match are a joke ?

I mean, starter map just push you to turttle down to your base... No early scouting, no rush, nothing... You can just fast banshee/Muta/Void rays, wich is a bit stupid, because by the time you have these, the other dude turttle so hard he can counter it...

except for the fact that someone who has never played starcraft doesnt even know that muta means mutalisk, or what a mutalisk even is.

the point of those maps is so new players get to see later tech, and dont just quit the game forever cause all games are only tier one.

they are 'novice' maps for a reason

Deadman

The idra vs nony match was fun, after that final game im definitely going straight in to sotg to find out what they said :lol

Mairu

V_Arnold said:
Seriously? Link? Is she alright? :O
I think he's referring to the SOTG where incontrol answers his phone and talks to his gf

She says something like "love you" and hes like "Thaaaaanks"

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Mairu said:
I think he's referring to the SOTG where incontrol answers his phone and talks to his gf

She says something like "love you" and hes like "Thaaaaanks"
that and the whole putting her on loudspeaker and telling her to say hi to 20,000 people and then asking her what she wanted.

farnham

Banned
Pandaman said:
emergency room visit, but she's alive. incontrols in police custody atm, so he probably wont be at dallas.

http://www.word-detective.com/2008/02/12/under-the-bus-to-throw/
wtf....

this is so weird. i am listening to sotg right now and incontrol is talking with his girlfriend.. and now that happened...
Pandaman said:
that and the whole putting her on loudspeaker and telling her to say hi to 20,000 people and then asking her what she wanted.
oh

Jokab

A guy just gg:ed by saying "i really don't give a shit what I did wrong, but gg anyways". Not sure how to interpret that.

Wow, this game can make me angry like no other game ever has before. I just lost a ZvT mainly because I flew my ~20 Mutas into his army with 3 Thors, noticed too late and lost all but 2 of them (I wanted to fly them into his mineral line, lost focus for a few seconds and they were all dead). I wanted to post about it before but I got really pissed again and went to the piano and played nothing but F Major scales in both hands for like 10 minutes straight, now I'm okay again. :lol

I got promoted to Platinum a few days ago, finally. (I started out in Silver and I was in Gold for a long time with a win ratio that should have promoted me far earlier for my taste but whatever)

TheExodu5

Banned
Tylahedras said:

You must not have installed a single piece of computer software before in your life.

Ashhong

Dang you guys are being harsh. I think hes complaining about the fact that he already accepted the original Terms of Agreement, and doesn't like the fact that they brought up a new one that he has to agree to. Not a big deal to me, but to each his own.

Tacitus_

Ashhong said:
Dang you guys are being harsh. I think hes complaining about the fact that he already accepted the original Terms of Agreement, and doesn't like the fact that they brought up a new one that he has to agree to. Not a big deal to me, but to each his own.

I think patching just resets the signed_EULA value. Happens with WoW all the time too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom