• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcrae

Ashhong said:
Dang you guys are being harsh. I think hes complaining about the fact that he already accepted the original Terms of Agreement, and doesn't like the fact that they brought up a new one that he has to agree to. Not a big deal to me, but to each his own.

nope, hes definitly complaining about the fact that he doesnt know whats in the eula. maybe what you're talking about was his INTENTION, but he totally failed at that too

Sorry for bothering.

I also posted this in the laptop recommendation thread, but since there is not much activity there I decided to post it here.

How will the Asus PRO78JQ-TY066V run Starcraft 2 on high settings.

Specs: 17,3 inch
Intel Core i7 740QM with L2 cache 6MB
4 GB RAM
500 GB hard drive @ 5400 RPM
Windows 7 Home Premium
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 1gig

Thanks.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
you'll crush it.

i play off my laptop and its just a zm-82 x2 2.2ghz/4gig/ati radeon 4650 1gig

you'll get everything but maybe ultra shaders w/ a decent framerate. shaders murder my laptop, but you're a few grades higher up the foodchain.

Lifejumper said:
Sorry for bothering.

I also posted this in the laptop recommendation thread, but since there is not much activity there I decided to post it here.

How will the Asus PRO78JQ-TY066V run Starcraft 2 on high settings.

Specs: 17,3 inch
Intel Core i7 740QM with L2 cache 6MB
4 GB RAM
500 GB hard drive @ 5400 RPM
Windows 7 Home Premium
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 1gig

Thanks.

More than enough for High.

mcrae said:
nope, hes definitly complaining about the fact that he doesnt know whats in the eula. maybe what you're talking about was his INTENTION, but he totally failed at that too

He's pissed off that he even has to sign the eula as it shouldn't apply to the single player or offline portion. And that if he doesn't sign he can't even the play the game he bought.

Which in all honestly has quite a bit of merit.

I play the game on low setting on my 2010 Macbook Pro. I could run it at normal/high setting but I hate playing this at 20 fps.

Low settings: 90 stable fps. And yeah; it's not ugly. Just more cartoony ! and it doesn't have all the fancy animation I can see on 1080 replays !

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
les papillons sexuels said:
He's pissed off that he even has to sign the eula as it shouldn't apply to the single player or offline portion. And that if he doesn't sign he can't even the play the game he bought.

Which in all honestly has quite a bit of merit.
he could always request a refund if he feels he is unable or unwilling to meet the terms offered.

Slavik81

Hazaro said:
1) Should have seen it, your probe ran away on queue and you would have seen the warren giving you more than enough time to cannon.
2) When your probe ran back it saw the den and 7 larva. As it died 7 eggs were made.
This gave you about 45 seconds before the attack hit, enough time to start a forge. You should have stopped probe production and pulled probes before the attack.
Why didn't you make a choke point at your ramp?
Chrono zealots to buy time at your choke while the cannons start. Pull probes as well. You should be able to fend it off even that late.
I didn't react very well because I knew a roach rush was coming (no zerglings), but I had no idea how to defend it. I'm a platinum player! Don't mistake me for someone who knows what they're doing!

Hopefully, I can get this down and do it right next time. Maybe I'll ask a friend of mine to do that build against me. He's a bronze-level zerg, and we both could probably learn from it if he can execute it well.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
In PvZ there's no reason to not choke off your ramp.
Just plop down a pylon and build a gate/gate or gate/core at max pylon range (Don't want it getting sniped later). Put a zealot on hold position in the 1 space crack and go about doing whatever you do.

A lot of getting better is just looking at what you did wrong and also seeing what you can get away with. :D

Also that advice is just me thinking outloud, I don't think there's a consensus yet.
The 3RR or 5RR seem more dangerous to me. If it gets so bad I think the roach warren might get a nerf in build time.

Ashhong

Hazaro said:
In PvZ there's no reason to not choke off your ramp.
Just plop down a pylon and build a gate/gate or gate/core at max pylon range (Don't want it getting sniped later). Put a zealot on hold position in the 1 space crack and go about doing whatever you do.

A lot of getting better is just looking at what you did wrong and also seeing what you can get away with. :D

Also that advice is just me thinking outloud, I don't think there's a consensus yet.
The 3RR or 5RR seem more dangerous to me. If it gets so bad I think the roach warren might get a nerf in build time.

Couldn't the roaches just destroy the buildings from the ramp without ever having to touch the zealot? I am abusing the 7RR right now so I want to make sure I do everything I need to :lol

Ashhong said:
Couldn't the roaches just destroy the buildings from the ramp without ever having to touch the zealot? I am abusing the 7RR right now so I want to make sure I do everything I need to :lol
the zealot is to stop speedling runbys, there will be more than just 1 zealot when any of the roach rushes come. You need atleast 1 roach to go up the ramp to get vision to the buildings on the highground, early sentry to block your ramp is the best way to deal with this imo. dont let any roaches get up the ramp at all until you have enough units to deal with them. THey should turn around and leave if you ff the ramp a few times but if they dont you should be able fine to engage once your production buildings all come online.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Ashhong said:
Better to buy time with them hitting buildings than killing your units and probes.

Sblargh

Banned
Slavik81 said:
I didn't react very well because I knew a roach rush was coming (no zerglings), but I had no idea how to defend it. I'm a platinum player! Don't mistake me for someone who knows what they're doing!

Hopefully, I can get this down and do it right next time. Maybe I'll ask a friend of mine to do that build against me. He's a bronze-level zerg, and we both could probably learn from it if he can execute it well.

Spam stalkers.
Unless you're being Huk and attacking on the first 5 minutes, make one zealot for hold-position and then spam stalkers (you'll need them later anyway if he comes mutas), when you are ready to attack, spam zealots to make up for it.

Fjord

Aylinato said:
sigh, it seems matchmaking doesn't like me again, bronze, silver vs diamond =(

Don't believe you're telling the whole story and quit complaining about it in any case.

Day9's newbie tuesday on 2v2 was great for my game. There was nothing really new it just really helped me sort out my thoughts on team games. I proceeded to go and get diamond 2v2 with my friend. Promoted all the way from silver to diamond in one game woo!

Oh man nothing like a late night solid PvT :lol Just lost a bunch of games in a row too, so that felt good. Felt like I stepped up my whole game a lot, feel like my micro is getting a lot better, my fucking sentry micro was sick. Forcefields are killer against the MM.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
wow, i actually just dreamt about starcraft.

zvt, i got maka raxed and canceled my expo, held it off with one base roach.
he goes for a bio/mech contain a my choke [it wasnt a real map] and double expands.
i break out by getting him off my ramp and spining him from the ridge while flanking with baneling roach, then i just speedlinged his double expo [only had a seige tank defending them], oddly he had an armoury at both expos. killed em both, then i expanded myself and woke up.

HankToms

Fjord said:
Don't believe you're telling the whole story and quit complaining about it in any case.

Day9's newbie tuesday on 2v2 was great for my game. There was nothing really new it just really helped me sort out my thoughts on team games. I proceeded to go and get diamond 2v2 with my friend. Promoted all the way from silver to diamond in one game woo!

What day is this newbie tuesday vid? or do you have a link to it? thanks

Mairu

Idra on TL defending his SOTG comments towards Foxer:

IdrA said:
thanks for the permission, but i play the guy all the time on the korean ladder
you dont need to watch the games to know that someone who goes pure marine medivac is gonna die to proper infestor control

tehee

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Mairu said:
Idra on TL defending his SOTG comments towards Foxer:

tehee

I don't use Zerg or play many Zergs.. but if my marines are spread out in groups of 2 or 3 all over the screen.. what can his infestors do?

zoukka

Syth_Blade22 said:
I don't use Zerg or play many Zergs.. but if my marines are spread out in groups of 2 or 3 all over the screen.. what can his infestors do?

Use 2 or 3 fungals on them.

zoukka

Syth_Blade22 said:
and the other 8 groups of 2 or 3 marines? lol.

I don't see anyone going mass infestors..

Oh you mean many groups containing 2-3 marines? Well grats for your 300 average APM buddy.

And you don't need "mass" infestors to fuck a bioball.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
zoukka said:
Oh you mean many groups containing 2-3 marines? Well grats for your 300 average APM buddy.

And you don't need "mass" infestors to fuck a bioball.

... I was arguing with IdrA here not you :(

He said you can beat BoxeR's marine play with infestors... but he also didn't watch the games in which BoxeR was microing groups of 2 - 3 marines all over the place.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Syth_Blade22 said:
and the other 8 groups of 2 or 3 marines? lol.

I don't see anyone going mass infestors..
well, roaches.

4.5 range versus 4 range, you cant spread marines too far before roaches just crush through them.

just xopy the zvz roach/infestor build and you should be fine.

webrunner

mescalineeyes said:
that's cool I just don't want to know who won today's matches.

sixth_sense (Z) over [willis]Bruce (T).

Bruce was using a ghost-heavy strategy but it seemed he didn't really understand what he was doing.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
on 20/10/10 at the 200 ladder game mark my record was:
104-94-2
1232points
rank 23rd in diamond division.

my current record is:
120-99-2
1614points
rank 10th in diamond division

>_>

maybe there's something to this zerg op stuff.

Jangocube

Banned
Pandaman said:
on 20/10/10 at the 200 ladder game mark my record was:
104-94-2
1232points
rank 23rd in diamond division.

my current record is:
120-99-2
1614points
rank 10th in diamond division

>_>

maybe there's something to this zerg op stuff.

I'm getting absolutely crushed by zerg(my main is protoss) since the last patch. Not gonna cry that they are OP, but they sure are much better then they used to be.

Damn roaches

Jangocube said:
I'm getting absolutely crushed by zerg(my main is protoss) since the last patch. Not gonna cry that they are OP, but they sure are much better then they used to be.

Damn roaches

I refuse to believe that a single change can make Zerg so much stronger.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
mescalineeyes said:
How about this way?

-Reaper pressure almost 100% shut down
-Cheese 8rax shut down
-Stalkers cannot as effectively kite speed roaches (in numbers) off creep
-VR much much less effective charged

Zerg has a lot less to worry about being punished for, AND gets a free range bonus on one of its core units.

If marines had a +1 range upgrade that's be one of the most ridiculous things in the game. 5->6 (Nexus wars gives marines 4.5? 4.8 range). Reapers are 4.5

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
mescalineeyes said:
well, i went from a 52% winrate to a 73% winrate on the ladder.

i guess i should say that prepatch i never did 15 hatch, so the strentgh of the build is also a factor. maybe i just take to macro games really well, but its still quite the bump. >_> [i dont mean to imply anything to the extent of the hopeless battlenet QQ]

woo, lost and won 2 games, zvz[won] zvr[lost]
so now its 121/100 1616

@haz ofcourse it'd be insane for marines to get a range upgrade, but thats because its well established that marines are pure monsters in combat. compare to the scarcity of roaches prepatch. its not that we werent building them because we disliked them, it was because our armoured antilight unit was bad at killing light units. now it isnt.

Hazaro said:
How about this way?

-Reaper pressure almost 100% shut down
-Cheese 8rax shut down
-Stalkers cannot as effectively kite speed roaches (in numbers) off creep
-VR much much less effective charged

Zerg has a lot less to worry about being punished for, AND gets a free range bonus on one of its core units.

fair enough. still, zerg needed a buff, maybe they overdid it a little.

Pandaman said:
well, i went from a 52% winrate to a 73% winrate on the ladder.

yes, but do you always build roaches?

V_Arnold

No point in arguing, they did not overdid Zerg, Terran's majority (especially on ladder!) are simply stuck with what they assume Zerg was before patch, and their lack of proper adjusting shows.

Same goes for Protoss, never before have I seen do laughable 7-10 min "mass zealot" attacks, now that kiting is way easier than it was, it is practically a joke.

-Zerg was weak -> they used x and y strategies
-Zerg got slight(!) buffs, they got slight(!) nerfs and a proper one (Reaper nerf, TO THE GROUND, baby) -> they still use the x and y strategies against Zerg, and lose
-???
-Profi...I mean: Zerg is now OP?

No, it is not.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
mescalineeyes said:
yes, but do you always build roaches?
before the patch i always did 14gas/14pool/22hatch into mutaling into ultralisk.
now i typically do 15hatch15pool into into roach/muta/ling into ultralisk.

V does have a point though, ladder players have not really adapted with the exception of mass marine allin builds.

todays games were a failed cannon rush into FE, a marine allin, me losing by 15hatching against a guy who randomed zerg, me beating a zerg who 15 hatched and me winning a roach vs roach match by techswitching to mutas.

i still dont see protoss opening double stalker.

in any event, woo 92nd percentile in na diamond! masters league is within the realm of possibility! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom