• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slavik81

Corran Horn said:
Ya its pretty shitty that Terrans can do that. Wish Blizzard had a if all structures have been lifted off for more than X minutes, then forfeit.
Or just count them as units when they're not planted on the ground.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Slavik81 said:
Or just count them as units when they're not planted on the ground.
My only thing is that I want people to be able to lift off and rush to gold/island as terran. You do it at start and it will then kill you off.

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
Corran Horn said:
My only thing is that I want people to be able to lift off and rush to gold/island as terran. You do it at start and it will then kill you off.

Rushing to gold is a viable strategy...? I've only seen people do that when I played bronze, and it always ended with me scouting their spawn location, realizing there's nothing there, queuing my drone to every mineral position on the map and pumping a dozen zerglings before they had a marine. There are very few maps where a rush to gold is even possible, one of of the maps (scrap station) has a huuuuuge fly distance. All of the other maps that have close open golds (e.g. metalopolis) are impossible to defend/block off effectively.

Rushing to an island at the start of the game is also fairly suicidal against an opponent who actually knows how to scout, IMO. As a terran, turtling on an island means you are doing one of two things: Vikings+Banshee or Medivac drops. Knowing that your opponent can only effectively do one of those two strategies, has an incredible econ disadvantage (by the time he lands his command center, you should already have past 10 supply), and cannot expand for A LONG time, it's an instant win to anyone who's not in practice league.

Corran Horn

ProudClod said:
Rushing to gold is a viable strategy...? I've only seen people do that when I played bronze, and it always ended with me scouting their spawn location, realizing there's nothing there, queuing my drone to every mineral position on the map and pumping a dozen zerglings before they had a marine. There are very few maps where a rush to gold is even possible, one of of the maps (scrap station) has a huuuuuge fly distance. All of the other maps that have close open golds (e.g. metalopolis) are impossible to defend/block off effectively.

Rushing to an island at the start of the game is also fairly suicidal against an opponent who actually knows how to scout, IMO. As a terran, turtling on an island means you are doing one of two things: Vikings+Banshee or Medivac drops. Knowing that your opponent can only effectively do one of those two strategies, has an incredible econ disadvantage (by the time he lands his command center, you should already have past 10 supply), and cannot expand for A LONG time, it's an instant win to anyone who's not in practice league.
Viable? No. But I want that option to still be open/allowed.

Slavik81

Blizzard probably talked about this 50 times while they were developing the game...

Perhaps they should have it as a stalemate? The situation has a few similarities to a Chess stalemate.

Though, I don't know how they'd detect that.

Corran Horn

The active gafers want to repost Battle.net id? I can add it to OP I guess. Our other list is when the game first came out and is outdated

Corran.456

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ok so 2v2.

I managed to harass the other player so that he left.

Now it's 1v2.

He turrets/sieges himself down and expands.

It's still 1v2.

We expand. 40 minutes later, we're pretty much all teched up, 200/200 x2 vs his 200/200

It's still 1v2.

I disconnect (at this point, I want to take a knife and stab my neck 4-5 times because I know my 2v2 partner isn't very good.

I relog. Tell him what to do with my units (which consists of Zerglings/Banelings/Mutalisks/Infestors.

5 minutes later, he says we lost.

400 units vs 200.

The opponent only had marines. Literally. 200/200 with marines.

At this point, I feel like breaking my keyboard in two. Or three.

Corran Horn

Yoshi, you know what you must do....

broken-keyboard.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just watched the replay (he sent to me).

He literally attacked with my zerglings/banelings first, no intercept, no nothing. Units lost before the battle = 112, units lost after the battle 131.

He managed to kill 19 marines with 200 worth of zerg units.

Oh my God.

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
Yoshichan said:
Ok so 2v2.

I managed to harass the other player so that he left.

Now it's 1v2.

He turrets/sieges himself down and expands.

It's still 1v2.

We expand. 40 minutes later, we're pretty much all teched up, 200/200 x2 vs his 200/200

It's still 1v2.

I disconnect (at this point, I want to take a knife and stab my neck 4-5 times because I know my 2v2 partner isn't very good.

I relog. Tell him what to do with my units (which consists of Zerglings/Banelings/Mutalisks/Infestors.

5 minutes later, he says we lost.

400 units vs 200.

The opponent only had marines. Literally. 200/200 with marines.

At this point, I feel like breaking my keyboard in two. Or three.

Why the hell did you disconnect without at least trying a push? You invested all that time to maxing out an army, and then you just throw it all down the drain?

Yoshichan

ProudClod said:
Why the hell did you disconnect without at least trying a push? You invested all that time to maxing out an army, and then you just throw it all down the drain?
You're joking right ._.?

disconnect as in d/c, the game decided to log me out. That game was ours

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
Yoshichan said:
You're joking right ._.?

disconnect as in d/c, the game decided to log me out. That game was ours

OH wow. Sorry to hear that. Bnet loves to disconnect me when I'm about to win an epic game :(

Keikaku

Thanks to Corran and Aylinato for doing some team games tonight. I had a lot of fun and maybe, just maybe, rekindled my love of the Brotoss :lol

Aylinato

GG's corran and Keikaku

gaf teams r so fun ^-^

(sorry i played like poop the last few, i got too tired)

o, and sorry corran for ruining ur streak!

Corran Horn

Corran Horn - Corran.456
valenti - Meeru.240
Aylinato - Aylinato.421

Feel free to add for active SC2ers. Will put on OP

Corran Horn

Keikaku said:
I accept the blame. My betrayal of the Protoss race was the reason for our losses :lol :lol :lol
Well I guess 2 protoss players teching to carrier/mothership at same time wasnt the best to hold off a rush.

Aylinato

Corran Horn said:
Well I guess 2 protoss players teching to carrier/mothership at same time wasnt the best to hold off a rush.
Lol and that the other team decided to destroy me(the only one who didn't tech lol

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Pandaman said:
never, ever, ever basetrade with a terran.

thats the rule.

Yep. A lot of people don't want to accept that fact, but just don't do it if you don't have units that can fly and hit air.

Q8D3vil

sc2profile.png

EU players add me please to play team or to practice with each other ( i really need a practice partners right now :( ).
devil

So.... I am trying to run starcraft 2 on ubuntu and I am getting TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE fps.
~10fps average at all times under any conditions =(
even in the tutorials, it is horrendous
I am using wine under playonlinux and have been searching everywhere for a solution but I have had no luck
My Specs are pretty good:

Athlon2 x4 3.0ghz
gtx460 768mb
4gb ram

any idea as to how to get more performance?

theshizzle said:
any idea as to how to get more performance?

Yes, I have a pretty good idea how to do that.

Install Windows :/
I have the exact same computer as you save the CPU (i5), and I get 60fps almost constantly.

mescalineeyes said:
Yes, I have a pretty good idea how to do that.

Install Windows :/
I have the exact same computer as you save the CPU (i5), and I get 60fps almost constantly.

Im on a budget right now and can't really afford windows, any suggestions on how I can tweak wine or anything like that? I dont think i will be switching operating systems any time soon

Q8D3vil

we need to create sc2 players thread but we need the players to specify eu or us.

btw i added mescalineeyes and Stevie Gerrard.
finally i have some good protoss and zerg practice partners :D

Snow

theshizzle said:
Im on a budget right now and can't really afford windows, any suggestions on how I can tweak wine or anything like that? I dont think i will be switching operating systems any time soon
You could try the paid codeweavers branch of Wine. Though they don't seem to have it running 100% according to their sc2 page either. You could also try the other paid version of Wine, Cedega, which is more of a fork than a branch. Though their sc2 compatibility page also states that they don't have it fully running yet.

Blizz needs to elevate battle.net as a website, more akin to bungie. Win/loss ratio for every matchup on every map would be a fine start.

Also, I want to know how much time I've spent playing SC2, multiplying the number of games I played x 15 (I assume that's the average length of the games I played) doesn't cut it.
Even though it would scare me how high the number might be :)

Slasher

For those of you who enjoyed the MLG and EG Masters Cup coverage, Weapon of Choice, a SC2 show hosted by djWHEAT and TeamLiquid.net's Chill just went LIVE at http://www.djWHEAT.tv - Following Weapon of Choice will be Live On Three at 4 PM EST, hosted by myself, djWHEAT and SirScoots, infamous for the MLG Dallas aftershow last weekend :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom