• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
syllogism said:
Minigun (2888 rating toss) seems to have like 70 apm, pretty interesting to watch

http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/Minigun

e: ahaha wow someone just did a proxy gate + forge + 2 pylons next to his mineral line and walled-in a cannon behind them
he doesnt spam =/= he has X low apm.
i imagine to climbs throughout the game.

i dont spam either, but mine usually only climbs to about 70-75 before the game ends. in long games it'll climb to 90ish.

APM seems to be such a sensitive issue with most players :>

anyway, I'll be on sc2 EU for the next couple of hours, if you wanna play, mescalineyes.581

just tell me you're from gaf and I'll gladly play you :)

syllogism

Pandaman said:
he doesnt spam =/= he has X low apm.
i imagine to climbs throughout the game.

i dont spam either, but mine usually only climbs to about 70-75 before the game ends. in long games it'll climb to 90ish.
Yes he has low apm, resulting from not spamming. Was there a point here besides that some people do meaningless spam instead of meaningful spam?

syllogism

Definitely, but it is pretty difficult to do/remember to do the required actions without delay when you aren't spam buffering, especially during battles.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
syllogism said:
Yes he has low apm, resulting from not spamming. Was there a point here besides that some people do meaningless spam instead of meaningful spam?
he doesnt spam = we dont really know his apm.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
syllogism said:
Actually yes, we do. This is a rather pointless discussion though.
no we dont, apm is only meaningful when capped.
otherwise i could find a half second where idras apm was 7 and say he has shit apm.

>=70 is not the same as =70.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Weirdest game ever... I made mutalisks. Went to harass and did some damage. Next time I decided to continue harassment with mutas, he had (I'm serious) 15 queens and nothing more.

:/ I won.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Yoshichan said:
Weirdest game ever... I made mutalisks. Went to harass and did some damage. Next time I decided to continue harassment with mutas, he had (I'm serious) 15 queens and nothing more.

:/ I won.
how many mutas did you have?
15 queens should have done some serious damage if he was transfusing.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Pandaman said:
how many mutas did you have?
15 queens should have done some serious damage if he was transfusing.
Probably like 50 mutas

Aylinato

gaf night for sure

on a side not me and my buds played a team who had people that were in the top 20 for every division

Protech, enzo, illmatic

it was insane battle for sure

(me and my buds had a 18 and 3 record before we fought them twice? i think?)

jasonng

Mmm... Nerd raging on xel naga caverns. I would make panda proud.

I went for a fast expansion while he went for a 1-1-1 opener. Sent one banshee to scout me followed by MM + tank. Mutas came out just in time to fend off his push and he went hardcore turtling while I switch straight to ground tech after my first batch of mutas. He expanded much later while I was already working on my second expo. Pushed again with MM + tanks + raven which I had no problem with my roach + hydras. I capped so I waited til he expanded again before going for a push. I had Ultras, cracklings, and hydras to finish his natural which consisted of a planetary fortress, two bunkers, some marines, and five tanks. Then this ensued:

Terran: lol this map is rigged no?
me: it's very zerg favored
Terran: very
me: I can expand easier
me: well terrans have other maps
me: like lost temple
Terran: cause i know im def better then u
me: that's cool
Terran: thats the only map t has
Terran: only
me: then take this map off your favored list
Terran: so i can play the same map over and over?
Terran: i didn't make these (??)
me: there are alot more maps
me: you can take this one map off your loop
Terran: no, there isn;t

Looking at the replay he didn't have very good macro. He barely built scvs and rarely called down mules (he wasn't even scanning). His ravens were effective but he used his seeker missles on my ultras, not my hydras (I have poor micro, he could've cleaned out my hydras).
EDIT: He's top Plat too. Goddamn bnet, just promote me out of gold already!

Oh, and I'm down for gaf night. It's been a while.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zerg favoured = code word for balanced.

blistering is the only truly zerg favoured map and i havent played on it in months because its always downvoted. >_>

still, you did good Jasonng. :p

reminds me of this gold player i fought who kept gging in the hopes i wouldnt notice he hadn't left, then gged before his attack even got to me, then completely raged out when he realized how hopeless it was. >_>

jasonng

Pandaman said:
zerg favoured = code word for balanced.

blistering is the only truly zerg favoured map and i havent played on it in months because its always downvoted. >_>

still, you did good Jasonng. :p

Really? I always try to end the game early on blistering sands. Damn terrans and brotosses know how to abuse those multiple choke points.

jasonng

Hazaro said:
xel naga is hardly zerg favored.

So there is no excuse for my raging terran friend then. It is my favorite map as zerg though. It's one of the rare 2 player maps that I feel safe with a fast expo opening. The option for a 5 roach rush is there too.

Edit: And just for fun.

Zerg is my most played race though, even says so in-game. Weird.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
jasonng said:
So there is no excuse for my raging terran friend then. It is my favorite map as zerg though. It's one of the rare 2 player maps that I feel safe with a fast expo opening. The option for a 5 roach rush is there too.
The natural is so open though.
If I was Z I wouldn't like it.

*Man I really should ladder :[
I'll finish my work and join in on GAF night if that's still up when I'm done.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
the wide open natural isn't that bad really.
sucks if you normally opt in for high econ crawler defense, but once the hatch is down and the creep is there, its no problem for speedforce zerg.

also dat backdoor.

jasonng

Hazaro said:
The natural is so open though.
If I was Z I wouldn't like it.

*Man I really should ladder :[
I'll finish my work and join in on GAF night if that's still up when I'm done.

Not really, I can easily fend off via the two chokepoints and I would've scouted already if he has air or not. It's those cliffs like Lost Temple has that grinds my gears.

OH FUCK, WALKING DEAD IS ON TONIGHT. Screw gaf night.
Next time guys? :(

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
jasonng said:
Not really, I can easily fend off via the two chokepoints and I would've scouted already if he has air or not. It's those cliffs like Lost Temple has that grinds my gears.

OH FUCK, WALKING DEAD IS ON TONIGHT. Screw gaf night.
Next time guys? :(
and a daily, gotta make sure im not missing anything good. >_>

but yea, if they come in on any side, it literally takes half a second to surround them by sending your zerglings up the other one.

speaking of flanking, i player a toss who went 2gate ~> blink today and i spent like 3 minutes poking and proding his army into this awesome flank... only for him to blink out. i totally knew he had blink tech too, so i dunno why i was bothering. :lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Pandaman said:
and a daily, gotta make sure im not missing anything good. >_>

but yea, if they come in on any side, it literally takes half a second to surround them by sending your zerglings up the other one.

speaking of flanking, i player a toss who went 2gate ~> blink today and i spent like 3 minutes poking and proding his army into this awesome flank... only for him to blink out. i totally knew he had blink tech too, so i dunno why i was bothering. :lol
You gotta fake that blink out of him!

*Day9 Daily : http://www.ustream.tv/day9tv
**iCCup map? :eek:

DAT DISTANCE
DEM EXPOS

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
10:42 dvsdynix: kulas had the most action ever
10:42 thesantaclaus-1: what the crap
10:42 sunsplitter: @wakikeke you dont need gas you just cancel the extractors and get extra drones
10:42 youarenotworthy: ravine was a cool map though bro. <censored> kulas. ravine was tight. 8B
10:42 IndignitioN: big map
10:42 QurtStarcraft: kulas is the single greatest map ever

i raged.

Yoshichan

Yaaaaaaaay! I'll be meeting Day9 in Dreamhack in a week :D!!

Pandaman said:
10:42 dvsdynix: kulas had the most action ever
10:42 thesantaclaus-1: what the crap
10:42 sunsplitter: @wakikeke you dont need gas you just cancel the extractors and get extra drones
10:42 youarenotworthy: ravine was a cool map though bro. <censored> kulas. ravine was tight. 8B
10:42 IndignitioN: big map
10:42 QurtStarcraft: kulas is the single greatest map ever

i raged.
Single greatest map ever for causing zerg aneurisms.

syllogism

Pandaman said:
no we dont, apm is only meaningful when capped.
otherwise i could find a half second where idras apm was 7 and say he has shit apm.

>=70 is not the same as =70.
You are rather obnoxious. I've actually watched him play and his apm is fairly constant. What you are saying is completely pointless as it's something that's pretty much impossible to measure. That is to say if your point is that peak APM is what matters, but you can't really tell if that peak APM is even useful APM or just more meaningless spam. Notice I never said he has "shit apm", but apparently you are very self conscious about your APM or something

A couple of questions from someone who knows less than nothing about SC2. I have the game, been enjoying the campaign and playing slowly. Played my very first online match last night and had my ass handed to me. So questions:

• Is there a website that gives you just basic suggestions to start out
  • What is the object whose icon resembels a black hole or comet?
  • Would you say SC2 is better than SC1?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
bout 5 or 6

Feeling like you need to turtle?

PF WALL IN.
QEzMD.jpg

That fails?

PF WALL IN.
lDlfb.jpg

Nyx

Some noob questions after a weekend of MP gaming.

- ZvT : I was doing my thing, teching to Roaches ASAP, when I noticed he was killing my workers with some Air unit a few mins in, ofcourse my Roaches and Lings couldn't do anything, so the game was over before it even started, what should I do vs someone who is fastteching to Air ? Rush ?

- On another note, is there some good BO to fast Hydras ?

And yes, I should scout, scout, and scout some more. :lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Nyx said:
Some noob questions after a weekend of MP gaming.

- ZvT : I was doing my thing, teching to Roaches ASAP, when I noticed he was killing my workers with some Air unit a few mins in, ofcourse my Roaches and Lings couldn't do anything, so the game was over before it even started, what should I do vs someone who is fastteching to Air ? Rush ?

- On another note, is there some good BO to fast Hydras ?

And yes, I should scout, scout, and scout some more. :lol
Some air units? That means 2 banshees. As a precaution you should have 3 queens on 2 base at least vs T. Maybe 4 if you suspect banshee play.

Check for a fast factory if you can (rax/fact wall off) and an early 2nd gas (after fact starts) if you can.

Fast hydra is pretty bad. I mean I can't think of it working well. Mutas are better in most ways and your roach/ling/bling handles ground pretty darn well.

Vs P you can get hydras after you bring out your roaches if you need them.
Just general stuff, feel free to mess around with whatever.

--

Good GAF games tonight. Still can play Terran. Zerg still imba.

IceMarker

Syth_Blade22 said:
bout 5 or 6

Feeling like you need to turtle?

PF WALL IN.

That fails?

PF WALL IN.
I was wondering what the fuck he was doing that match... luckily broke it with 40 MUTAS, eh panda? :lol

gg's everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom