• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
twofold said:
Do you mean ZvX? Or PvX and TvX?

If it's the first, there's two recorded coaching sessions for ZvP and ZvT in the livestream account. ZvP deals exclusively with two base burrowed roach into hydras with a late spire while ZvT is two base spire with roach support.

If you meant the latter, there's nothing that I know of unfortunately.
All is good, but TvX for me. I was considering switching to Z from T so watching the ZvZ was really cool to see.

twofold

Hazaro said:
All is good, but TvX for me. I was considering switching to Z from T so watching the ZvZ was really cool to see.

The videos are definitely great and they made me respect the work that the coaching folks do. Still, at $50 for two hours, it's not something I would invest in personally.

I would just like to thank foxer for changing the way terran is played. Every terran i face is pretty much going pure marine and im loving it. I don't think they realise that banelings hard counter marines unless you have incredible micro.

Huh. How about that. I'm a bit late, but it seems Panda likes to spread misinformation. And he wonders why I avoid him like the plague...

And valenti, you delete me off your friends list as well?

You guys are such babies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Bnet 2.0 servers are soooooooo slow today.

Meeru

Banned
FromTheFuture said:
Huh. How about that. I'm a bit late, but it seems Panda likes to spread misinformation. And he wonders why I avoid him like the plague...

And valenti, you delete me off your friends list as well?

You guys are such babies.
Eh I deleted everyone cuz we made a new gaf list.

farnham

Banned
blizzard really should track the win/loss ratio for each race. i am protoss but i really want to get better with zerg and terran. so i played a lot of ladder games with terran which i lost due to the fact that im unfamiliar to it and because i got to play against diamond players on top of that. because of this i got demoted to platinum :( somehow it feels unfair because i just wanted to try the other races. guess ill stick with protoss from now on.

Snow

farnham said:
blizzard really should track the win/loss ratio for each race. i am protoss but i really want to get better with zerg and terran. so i played a lot of ladder games with terran which i lost due to the fact that im unfamiliar to it and because i got to play against diamond players on top of that. because of this i got demoted to platinum :( somehow it feels unfair because i just wanted to try the other races. guess ill stick with protoss from now on.
Their argument at Blizzcon seemed to be that they were worried about the player pool getting too sparse for the matchmaker to function properly, since it in essence would mean creating a large influx of unranked characters. I really hope they figure something out too since every time I've tried playing Zerg or Protoss it basically means going on a huge losing streak which kinda sucks. I guess I could play unranked customs, but then it's just random matchmaking, which isn't great either.

farnham

Banned
Snow said:
Their argument at Blizzcon seemed to be that they were worried about the player pool getting too sparse for the matchmaker to function properly, since it in essence would mean creating a large influx of unranked characters. I really hope they figure something out too since every time I've tried playing Zerg or Protoss it basically means going on a huge losing streak which kinda sucks. I guess I could play unranked customs, but then it's just random matchmaking, which isn't great either.
man its so humiliating :(

im no.1 at my devision on platinum will they promote me to diamond again sometime ?

Feep

Banned
So, I've been having a lot of fun trying out the Forge Fast Expand (or at least, a quick expand based off of cannons). It works really well against Zerg, but I've had trouble against the other two races. It seems that competent players will:

1) Protoss players go for Blink Stalkers quickly and use a Hallucination or quick Phoenix/Observer or something for vision. This one isn't TOO bad, but no Gateway units really "counter" Stalkers, so my only option is to also go Stalkers, but I'm usually behind on the unit count, PLUS they have Blink. I've been having trouble here.

2) Terrans just rush for Siege Tech, outranging my cannons and screwing me over. Should I roll for Immortals? Chargelots? They always seem to get the Siege Tech before I can manage.

farnham

Banned
Feep said:
So, I've been having a lot of fun trying out the Forge Fast Expand (or at least, a quick expand based off of cannons). It works really well against Zerg, but I've had trouble against the other two races. It seems that competent players will:

1) Protoss players go for Blink Stalkers quickly and use a Hallucination or quick Phoenix/Observer or something for vision. This one isn't TOO bad, but no Gateway units really "counter" Stalkers, so my only option is to also go Stalkers, but I'm usually behind on the unit count, PLUS they have Blink. I've been having trouble here.

2) Terrans just rush for Siege Tech, outranging my cannons and screwing me over. Should I roll for Immortals? Chargelots? They always seem to get the Siege Tech before I can manage.
immortals is a good solution for both situations

get a critical mass of em to oneshot stalkers and tanks

but i guess terrans will probably have marines

so for that i suggest chargelots

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
anyone watching djwheats show atm? caller calls up and just wants to say wheat is shit, wheat just went angry man lol
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/djwheat

edit: IT'S UNIDEN!!!!!!!!!!!fake uniden :(

that idra game is cool though. I enjoy his break down

Edit: They're going to discuss the annoying habbit in SC2 of "SPOILERS~!!!!"

Thank fuck, because the twats who complain about casters discussing PREVIOUS games in a LIVE stream because they watch the VOD's... go home, or watch the vods in order.

Or do what I do and avoid the websites that will have spoilers. I do it for every other sport. Fine doing it for Sc2

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Feep said:

Try 1 gate FE instead (Chrono the 1 gate obviously). Cannons is asking to die imo.
The other player can just expand themselves and they didn't have to sink money into static defense and now has 0 worry you are going to attack.

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
Man, I can't believe anyone goes carrier any more. Is there viable way to do it in plat+? Other than having a huge advantage and just rubbing it in? :p

Carrier tech is scoutable from a fucking mile away, and you need a decent size group of hydras and roaches to soak up damage -- something that is MUCH easier to get and replenish.

farnham

Banned
ProudClod said:
Man, I can't believe anyone goes carrier any more. Is there viable way to do it in plat+? Other than having a huge advantage and just rubbing it in? :p

Carrier tech is scoutable from a fucking mile away, and you need a decent size group of hydras and roaches to soak up damage -- something that is MUCH easier to get and replenish.
carriers are very good if you use them in combination with robotech or high templars.

i dont recommend using them right away though as the interceptors fall easily to marines and hydras

they have range 8 so the main unit should be fine if microded appropriately but interceptors cost a lot.

Vaporak

Q8D3vil said:
is there a reason for a protoss not to use HT with Zerg ?!

Only the normal one, that it takes so long to tech to them. Templar tech is great in PvZ, much stronger than it is in PvT.

HolyCheck said:
anyone watching djwheats show atm? caller calls up and just wants to say wheat is shit, wheat just went angry man lol

well on djwheat's show it's okay to refer to something that sucks as "gay", so the more people harass that bigot, the better.

fanboi

Banned
Vaporak said:
Only the normal one, that it takes so long to tech to them. Templar tech is great in PvT, much stronger than it is in PvT.

duhlines.gif

Q8D3vil said:
is there a reason for a protoss not to use HT with Zerg ?!

yes.
if they merge them, they become archons and if you have a stalker for support mutalisks can no longer really hurt you and the whole thing becomes imba and we wouldn't want that, now would we?

Zzoram

Archons are way less useful now that gas isn't infinite like Broodwar (depleted geysers could still be mined for 1/4 gas rate).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My God... decided to go back and read some of my old posts...

Oh, and what's the point of getting 2x Assimilators as Protoss if they're both next to each other? Do I get x2 more gas or what?

Where can I find charge for zealots?

Quick!

How do I win against Hellion rush as a protoss? Zealots obviously looses. I can't get lots of Sentries out in time due to 100 gas per unit... and I can't seem to get stalkers fast enough!
._________.

Yoshichan

fanboi said:
I will add this:
I hate
love
you so much for this!
mescalineeyes said:
aww Yoshichan, that's so cute :)
:lol How about this:
Nah, I give up.
It was a fun 2 weeks, thanks a lot SC2 and Blizzard :).
Take care everyone, best thread on GAF.
I was so damn salty.
edit: Hazaro countered ^that with:
Yoshi you didn't even post a replay. You'll be back in 2 days just watch.
and only hours later:
EAT IT! 2 wins in a row, now THAT'S PRO. YESSSSSSS
:lol :lol

Meeru

Banned
Zzoram said:
Archons are way less useful now that gas isn't infinite like Broodwar (depleted geysers could still be mined for 1/4 gas rate).
Nah they are still useful. Use dts instead of hts

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
FromTheFuture said:
6lK2I.jpg

you were saying something?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
mescalineeyes said:
well on djwheat's show it's okay to refer to something that sucks as "gay", so the more people harass that bigot, the better.
:lol :lol I spend most of my time on TL quoting people who use the word as an insult in the hopes theyll get in trouble, just for funs, and spreading the good gaf vibe (Y)

V_Arnold

HolyCheck said:
:lol :lol I spend most of my time on TL quoting people who use the word as an insult in the hopes theyll get in trouble, just for funs, and spreading the good gaf vibe (Y)

Whao, you are a good samaritan!

Yoshichan

BIGGEST MATCH IN GAMING HISTORY! FANBOI <3

Yoshichan

fanboi said:
XD

You didn't answer my question... :/
What did you ask :O?

HolyCheck said:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/djwheat

edit: IT'S UNIDEN!!!!!!!!!!!fake uniden :(

that idra game is cool though. I enjoy his break down

Edit: They're going to discuss the annoying habbit in SC2 of "SPOILERS~!!!!"

Thank fuck, because the twats who complain about casters discussing PREVIOUS games in a LIVE stream because they watch the VOD's... go home, or watch the vods in order.

Or do what I do and avoid the websites that will have spoilers. I do it for every other sport. Fine doing it for Sc2

:lol DJWheat totally took my call (I was Doug). I minced my words so bad when I was asking my question, but I felt I was better than that Jimbo douchebag.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Keep losing games due to stupid errors, was playing some guy who was making nothing but Marines and was holding him off, made some banelings and charge them into his Marines and hit X to detonate, only problem was that I had all 10 or so selected :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom