• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

PLEASE GO LIVE NOW! CHAT CHANNELS!!!!!

However, no Void speed upgrade?! WTF no fungal growth on air?! Phoenixes are going to just completely destroy my zerg play now.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
So this is going to take place on the new Public Test Region...I wonder if it will be out tuesday. So we can test the patches on a different server and then they see what to tweak from there. Sounds good.

Meeru

Banned
O good chat channels I can delete everyone on my friends list now.

Also..hopefully we will see more gaffers online.

Snow

A lot of cool stuff in the patchnotes.

* • When selecting a Vespene Geyser, the number of current harvesters will be displayed in the info panel.

That's neat, no longer having to stare at my SCVs to see if I have three in after a harass or something.

# • Autocast repair will now charge the player requesting autocast functionality.
Anyone know what that means?
# • An Extreme graphics option has been added:
:O

But the best thing is probably that they have a test server now. There were some weird oversights in 1.1 and while David Kim is competent having an entire server poking at a patch before it going live should be nice.

Won

I'm a bit surprised that they didn't adress the TvP balance issues they were talking about at Blizzcon.

I also really hope they completely redesign or just scrap the Void Ray with the expansion. They have no idea how to balance it properly.

Snow said:
Anyone know what that means?

Has something to do with allies using repair in teamgames. No idea how it works currently though. Maybe you were able to get free repairs after a Terran ally dropped.

Tntnnbltn

Won said:
Has something to do with allies using repair in teamgames. No idea how it works currently though. Maybe you were able to get free repairs after a Terran ally dropped.
Probably if Terran has shared control (i.e. ramp access), you can tell their SCVs to repair your shit and it would get charged to them previously.

Snow

Apparently PTR is up. Just got a patch that adds the PTR client. I've got an EU account though so can't actually play, but NA folks can apparently.

Is anyone on tl.net currently streaming PTR games?

Vaporak

Won said:
I also really hope they completely redesign or just scrap the Void Ray with the expansion. They have no idea how to balance it properly.

NOOOOOOOOOO I love the Protoss Stargate units. :(

ezrarh

Attack priority on scvs! Hell yea. Fungal growth not affecting air units doesn't make sense to me. People are complaining more about late game zerg macro. I haven't seen too many people complaining out fungal growth on air. Banshee/viking will be ridiculous against zerg.

Im DLing the patch now. gonna open phoenix in a bunch of games just to see how fast you can get them out off 1 stargate and saving chronos.

OMG finally pulled off a DT rush! Ok, it wasn't exactly a rush, as it takes a damn long time to get all that gas for the DT's + the robo for the warp prism that I used, but shit was it satisfying.

ezrarh said:
Attack priority on scvs! Hell yea. Fungal growth not affecting air units doesn't make sense to me. People are complaining more about late game zerg macro. I haven't seen too many people complaining out fungal growth on air. Banshee/viking will be ridiculous against zerg.
Mutas beat Viking pretty easily, the fungal change will matter in zvt against banshee and medivac, much bigger deal in zvz and zvp imo.

ezrarh

pieatorium said:
Mutas beat Viking pretty easily, the fungal change will matter in zvt against banshee and medivac, much bigger deal in zvz and zvp imo.

What I meant was the combination with banshee/viking. Vikings to snipe out overseers then banshees to wreak havoc on mineral line or army with cloak. It will give zerg one less option to deal with that. Maybe not "ridiculous" but it certainly will be tougher. But yea, it will force zerg to go mutas almost all the time considering how ineffective hydras can be.

Meeru

Banned
chat.png

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
how does one join this group! no ones online to add me :(

edit: nevermind, public test madness! installing now

Corran Horn

Protip, if your in a big chat channel, like teamliquid. Dont have the chat channels appear while playing the game :lol :lol

Q8D3vil

Fungal change is weird, don't really think that was needed at all. But the SCV attack priority change, fuck ya!
to make drops more effective on zerg, phoenix can be used more and viking can actually shoot broodlord now.

Corran Horn

ezrarh said:
Since the beginning of beta, whenever blizz posts these patch notes, they have always gone live.
This is completely new though. A test server for new patches that is not internal.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
+ Fungal Growth no longer affects air units.
o -- Observer

+ Cost decreased from 50/100 to 25/75.

o -- Phoenix

+ Build time decreased from 45 to 35.

o -- Void Ray

+ Now deals 20% more damage to massive targets.

+ Flux Vanes speed upgrade removed.
This is lots of horse shit. Toss doesn't need a buff, players need to level up their fucking game instead. And Fungal nerf was needed? REALLY now Blizzard? Why don't you:

1. Buff reapers
2. Lower the cost of infestors
3. LOWER THE COST of phoenix but making the build time longer

And man do they want even the scrubbiest Toss player to use observers now...

Corran Horn

Yoshichan said:
This is lots of horse shit. Toss doesn't need a buff, players need to level up their fucking game instead. And Fungal nerf was needed? REALLY now Blizzard? Why don't you:

1. Buff reapers

lol....

2 missions away from my brutal run being done with. Just need to do the nydus worm mission and the final mission which shouldnt be too hard. :D

Aylinato

Yoshichan said:

1. Buff reapers

detection is the most key thing being a toss player, whether we r fighting roaches or banshees, if we dont get its an auto-win for the other guy(assuming they know how to play)

I agree reapers need a buff.

No, phoenix costs are fine, and sure build time is lower instead, but cost wise they r fine.

They want PvP to not be such a damn colosi war of the worlds fest every single f'ing time. Also VRs got broken because of the last patch and lost vs BCs, which r the unit they r supposed to counter(you know, the big massive things)

And phoenixs still cant attack...spore crawlers, so I guess zerg has to lay some of those down at their bases now

V_Arnold

Yoshichan said:

1. Buff reapers

I do not get if you are joking now also or not.
Well, whatever, THEY balance the game, THEY have the data to base the changes upon, not the forum observers :p

Yoshichan said:

And what the HELL does this even mean?

Sblargh

Banned
Observer wasn't *that* expensive to begin with, I think they reduce it so just you can deal better with banshee, which requires 4 or 5 observers to be dealt with properly.
Problem with observer is that you need to build robo for it.
It's just a bit better, not a lot better.

Phoenix reduction time makes sense because Phoenix only work when you have 4 or 5 of them and unless you're going two startgates, the window of time is really strict. Now you can make a phoenix harass without overocomitting (<- is this word right?).

farnham

Banned
man my game doesnt load

apparantly there is a new patch or something and it says i need the US version to patch the game (i have the EU version) anyone experiencing similar problems ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom