• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Won

farnham said:
kill each other off with nothing left ? incl. workers

Yeah...and how is that supposed to work? Someone is gonna have something left, but not necessarily enough to actually kill the opponent. That was the whole problem to begin with.

farnham

Banned
Won said:
Yeah...and how is that supposed to work? Someone is gonna have something left, but not necessarily enough to actually kill the opponent. That was the whole problem to begin with.
well if someone has one unit left and the other one has nothing left then thats no stalemate

zlatko

Banned
Having issues with the chat channel. I tried to search for neogaf, and tried /join neogaf, but instead it made two private channels. Now I can't get rid of those two private channels from the list of ones I can pick. I tried right click, but no luck. They need a remove option.

I can join the general chat channel and the others Blizzard made, but no luck on getting to neogaf. Anyone else having this problem ?

farnham said:
well if someone has one unit left and the other one has nothing left then thats no stalemate
What about situations like the drawn game in, i think it was the gom invitational where one guy had 2 DTs and a couple of buildings and the other guy had a few stalkers a pylon and a cannon. Neithher of them could attack the other.

Aylinato

zlatko said:
Having issues with the chat channel. I tried to search for neogaf, and tried /join neogaf, but instead it made two private channels. Now I can't get rid of those two private channels from the list of ones I can pick. I tried right click, but no luck. They need a remove option.

I can join the general chat channel and the others Blizzard made, but no luck on getting to neogaf. Anyone else having this problem ?
Same here, exactly what you said actually

Aylinato

so void rays are incredibly slow still, and I tried opening with pheonixs (2 sgate build whatevs) and I got smashed hard by zerg

also I dislike 1v1 its not fun without having people to play with lol

someone teach me how to play protoss =(

Deadman

You cant block a ramp anymore with 2 pylons.

You cant just hold down a key to perform lots of the same action. For example i used to select larva then just hold d to make a billion drones. Now you must press d (or any key for any action for any race) the same number of times as the number of drones you want.

You can still shift click to build things though.

And there is a new map. Its 1v1 and called plunder isle.

farnham

Banned
pieatorium said:
What about situations like the drawn game in, i think it was the gom invitational where one guy had 2 DTs and a couple of buildings and the other guy had a few stalkers a pylon and a cannon. Neithher of them could attack the other.
i was actually angry that they made that game a tie

of course they could have tried to fight to the end.

Cheeto

Wow, people still just love to hate idra, even when there isn't something to hate him about. A commentator asked him for a match while he was laddering and he said, "no thanks"... then chat blows up with how big idra's ego is, and how BM it was. unbelievable

Cheeto said:
Wow, people still just love to hate idra, even when there isn't something to hate him about. A commentator asked him for a match while he was laddering and he said, "no thanks"... then chat blows up with how big idra's ego is, and how BM it was. unbelievable
If you know it for one person, you have to do it for everybody. He made the right call. Its probably not the best analogy, but I am sure my favorite singer wouldn't come and sing karaoke with me either.

Meeru

Banned
farnham said:
i was actually angry that they made that game a tie

of course they could have tried to fight to the end.
Put urself in the situation. Would u go in as the dts and die? Think bout it

Deadman

Cheeto said:

Ive seen tlo do the exact same thing and everyone in chat was fine with it. People are so bad at times.

syllogism

That was actually the Gisado koth guy, who is almost like a korean day9 and now works for gomtv, so it's unfortunate he didn't want to play. Also pretty weird he hadn't heard of him.

Snow

My thoughts on any patch, being a really scrubby player who depends on other people's reaction, is that people usually overreact a little. However, I would really like to see a 'situation report' touching on the FG on air change. I'm willing to bet the speed voids removal has to do with it though, think it would be pretty hard to deal with massed speed voids zipping around everywhere as zerg without fg. Biggest problem for zerg is probably dealing with terran air now, though I wonder how much mixing in some spore crawlers earlier would help. Like I said, I'm a total scrub, but I don't see a lot of tournament zerg getting sporecrawlers at the start of the game currently.

Really like the phoenix change though. I know Nony tried for a while to figure something out with early phoenixes and he just couldn't crack that nut. Seems it should be way more viable now. Also really like the hallucination change, just because I think it's a cool ability I would like to see used more. :)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Cheeto said:

yup, idra did nothing wrong at all.

convo pretty much went like this
gisado: hi
idra:hi
gisado: do you know who i am
idra: nope
gisado: i stream i am grom gomtv
idra: oh
gisado: would u like to be streamed?
idra: no thanks

Won

farnham said:
yeah okay on the rare occasion that that is the case the blizzard solution is better

for the rest.. no

Sounds like you expect everyone to play like an idiot and throw away a game without any reason.

uggggghhhhh stuck in a game with a terran. I have no structures, but a nice army (no air), he has no army, but a cc hanging out in the corner of the map.

This shit sucks.

edit: also, I'm really stubborn, and don't feel like quitting.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
woo, internet is back on tuesday!
valenti! i want you!

wait, whats this about chat and masters league? :O

+ Fungal Growth no longer affects air units.
bTeg5.jpg

STOP RIGHT THERE, BLIZZARD SCUM.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Idra should just cheese for an entire stream and talk shit if he wins.
Deadman said:
You cant just hold down a key to perform lots of the same action. For example i used to select larva then just hold d to make a billion drones. Now you must press d (or any key for any action for any race) the same number of times as the number of drones you want.
Don't see the point of this change, going to make it a huge pain to make 30 Zerglings (etc)

HolyCheck

Pandaman said:
wait, you can hold down the key?
i was mashing the whole time.

*pinches pandas cheeks*

oh you

edit: did i also do this PTR right? when i logged in using it i had to create a completly new user account

HolyCheck

Pandaman said:
>_>
i have a really adverse relationship with my keyboard.

how do we get into the public brokenmodo test area anyway?

first time you log in itll download a little something, then log out and go to your starcraft2 folder on your comp, there should be a starcraft2publictest.exe or whatever

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
O4nwM.jpg

woo, still kinda pissy zergs lose their AOE force decloak spell versus banshees and obs, its also completely killed infestor/roach/ultra and hydra first builds. if this shits supposed to stay corruptors need a huge speed buff.

yay the race with the smallest unit count has become even more linear, good job blizzard!

Aylinato

the channels are messed up, as I made one as well, but no one else could be in it

(think it's a bug, and someone should tell blizzard we can't search for chat rooms)

It's a bug since when I hit the button that should be to find chat rooms it doesn't work and what we keep doing is creating new chatrooms(and since we aren't inviting each other but we should be allowed to search for them)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Aylinato said:
the channels are messed up, as I made one as well, but no one else could be in it

(think it's a bug, and someone should tell blizzard we can't search for chat rooms)

It's a bug since when I hit the button that should be to find chat rooms it doesn't work and what we keep doing is creating new chatrooms(and since we aren't inviting each other but we should be allowed to search for them)
i just joined gaf and holycheck is there. might only be effecting some people.

HolyCheck

yes strange o_O

perhaps if we all add eachother, then invite to the new channel itll auto it, since it auto's me to it now when i log back in

edit: I closed it, now i'm in game I can't get back to it. i'd have to quit my game to get back.. lame

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
HolyCheck said:
yes strange o_O

perhaps if we all add eachother, then invite to the new channel itll auto it, since it auto's me to it now when i log back in

edit: I closed it, now i'm in game I can't get back to it. i'd have to quit my game to get back.. lame
i take it blizzard didnt impliment a temporary squelch channel feature?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
HolyCheck said:
alas, if only i knew what that meant!
in starcraft 1 you could /squelch to silence someone while you were doing something. its like an ignore list without all the messy drama.

HolyCheck

yeah it would, but when in game theres no chat channel button next to your friends button, so if you close the actual window for the chat.. you cant look at it again til you go back to the main menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom