• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
HolyCheck said:
yeah it would, but when in game theres no chat channel button next to your friends button, so if you close the actual window for the chat.. you cant look at it again til you go back to the main menu
does busy work on the chat channel itself?
or do you want different ignore features for each function? [ignore a large channel, but allow private conversations]

Deadman

Two other "fixes" are these:

Harvesting units no longer avoid enemy units.

So you cant click on minerals to make your scvs get through the enemy.

Fixed an issue with harvesting units bypassing force fields.

So now you can sentry drop and completely ruin mining.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i guess this patch testing system will be great for blizzard to compare winrates accross patches without there being temporary large shifts in game balance on the main servers. [like super ultralisks into super nerfed ultralisks]

still, i felt protoss air was already op vs zerg without this much help. >_>
wth blizzard.

Pandaman said:
i guess this patch testing system will be great for blizzard to compare winrates accross patches without there being temporary large shifts in game balance on the main servers. [like super ultralisks into super nerfed ultralisks]

still, i felt protoss air was already op vs zerg without this much help. >_>
wth blizzard.

I'm sure they won't implement everything mentioned in the PTR patch notes.

Aylinato said:
so, why aren't air units like the strongest units(the highest tier ones)

like, shouldn't they demolish everything?
So how would you counter them?

They do demolish everything, but that's only if you can mass up 10 battlecruisers/carriers/brood lords. With just a few, they're too slow and vulnerable.

Won

Aylinato said:
so, why aren't air units like the strongest units(the highest tier ones)

like, shouldn't they demolish everything?

Because that would be pretty boring.

Revengeance said:
Approaching the 5 hour mark on this standoff.

I want my 200th win!!!

You could already be working on your 210th win!

Oh and go Europe! You are better than that US thing!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Standoff? What?

Yoshichan said:
Standoff? What?
He only has 2 barracks left, floating in the corners of the map. I have a templar archive, one pylon, 3 stalkers, 5 colossi and a dark templar.

I know I shouldn't have gone for the base trade, but I wasn't thinking properly, and now I really don't want to lose.

So I've been watching tv, and keeping loose tabs on the game for the last few hours. The only way I can is if he does something really stupid, or if he quits.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Revengeance said:
He only has 2 barracks left, floating in the corners of the map. I have a templar archive, one pylon, 3 stalkers, 5 colossi and a dark templar.

I know I shouldn't have gone for the base trade, but I wasn't thinking properly, and now I really don't want to lose.

So I've been watching tv, and keeping loose tabs on the game for the last few hours. The only way I can is if he does something really stupid, or if he quits.
Wow that is fucking ridiculous. Did the terran actually say something yet?

Pandaman said:
this isnt about wins! its about justice!

Stand strong brother!
Exactly!!! the crappy part is that I'm not sure how much money he has left. It's conceivable that when I go out tonight, he could land his barracks, make a little army and pick my guys off.

So my plan is to set up a defensive perimeter by my remaining buildings, and set all of the units except for the DT to hold position, and hope he doesn't have enough money to make an army big enough to take it out.

Yoshichan said:
Wow that is fucking ridiculous. Did the terran actually say something yet?
We've been chatting back and forth. The real reason I'm still playing is that he's a total douche, and and I don't want to lose to him :lol :lol . Otherwise the loss doesn't actually mean anything.

Yoshichan

Revengeance said:
Exactly!!! the crappy part is that I'm not sure how much money he has left. It's conceivable that when I go out tonight, he could land his barracks, make a little army and pick my guys off
There's no chance in hell he has enough money to take on 5 colossi, 3 stalkers and a DT. Just clump them all in the same place and have them on hold position.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Revengeance said:
Exactly!!! the crappy part is that I'm not sure how much money he has left. It's conceivable that when I go out tonight, he could land his barracks, make a little army and pick my guys off.

So my plan is to set up a defensive perimeter by my remaining buildings, and set all of the units except for the DT to hold position, and hope he doesn't have enough money to make an army big enough to take it out.
does he have a CC? otherwise he'll be supply capped at 0.

Pandaman said:
does he have a CC? otherwise he'll be supply capped at 0.
:lol :lol :lol I totally didn't think of that. Thanks!!!

update, 7.5 hours in (game time, not real time): Opponent just floated one of his two remaining rax over my stalkers. It caught fire and blew up.

Zzoram

The infestor nerf in 1.2 is stupid. Why make fungal not work on air units? Plague worked on air units. Besides, what good is fungal if it can't catch phoenix/medivacs now?

Aylinato

^don't forget mutas

Revengeance said:
:lol :lol :lol I totally didn't think of that. Thanks!!!

update, 7.5 hours in (game time, not real time): Opponent just floated one of his two remaining rax over my stalkers. It caught fire and blew up.

don't give up!

Zzoram

Wait, does he only have barracks? No CC means he can't do anything to threaten you. What map is it? Where on the map are his buildings? Do you have blink? I know some maps you can blink to islands.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Got someone with that Ling/Baneling strat from the Machine vid, seems to be one of the most annoying things you can get hit with.

Slavik81

Stalemate definition suggestion:
If nobody attacks each other for 30 minutes, the game is declared a draw.

I found the wikipedia entry on draws in chess pretty interesting. Particularly draws in timed games.

Well, I'm not sure what happened, but when I got back to my computer from shopping the game was over, and there was a message saying "Error, unable to load score screen."

The game is not in my match history, but my win count DID go up by one to 200.

I'm going to count it as a win :lol

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Revengeance said:
Well, I'm not sure what happened, but when I got back to my computer from shopping the game was over, and there was a message saying "Error, unable to load score screen."

did it hit the game length limit? I think it's something like 9 hours

Zzoram

Revengeance said:

maybe one of you disconnected

Pikelet

Slavik81 said:
Stalemate definition suggestion:
If nobody attacks each other for 30 minutes, the game is declared a draw.

I found the wikipedia entry on draws in chess pretty interesting. Particularly draws in timed games.

But this doesnt take into account the fact that one person may have the overwhelming material advantage but be unable to finish the other player off. I think buildings should literally fall from the sky if they are up there too long, that seems to be the major sticking point.

Pikelet said:
But this doesnt take into account the fact that one person may have the overwhelming material advantage but be unable to finish the other player off. I think buildings should literally fall from the sky if they are up there too long, that seems to be the major sticking point.

agreed, either a time limit on the amount a building can stay in the air, or they need to turn into a flying unit once they lift off.

Mardil

Afer having read multiple times that Blizzard has broadcasting rights over Starcraft II tournaments, and that no tournament can occur without Blizzard's concern... how does this work? If I invented a board game called XYXY, could I charge for the right of making tournaments?

hamchan

Mardil said:
Afer having read multiple times that Blizzard has broadcasting rights over Starcraft II tournaments, and that no tournament can occur without Blizzard's concern... how does this work? If I invented a board game called XYXY, could I charge for the right of making tournaments?
You can make the tournament, you just can't televise it without Blizzard's permission. Pretty fair I think.

Chris R

Can someone rank some T openings in terms of ease/complexity for me? Normally I play p/z but want to go pure random. I've started playing t (going to do 200 games as t, 2 wins so far in 2 played) but once I've walled in I get lost :/ 3 barrack push and cloaked banshee worked well though

Aylinato

been losing all day, even in 4v4(I wiped out 4 armies, of 4 different people while my allies...did..i have no idea what they did

::EDIT:: when is next GAF night so I can have a good team again =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom