• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aylinato

valenti said:
eh o_o not sure if anyone can teach you here i consider u really decent

well, ive just been having a hard time recently with 1v1s, i seem to be messing up somewhere and i just can't tell where, i know its something with teching at the right time, but i am lost when it comes to timing lol >.>

i may also start learning terran for 1v1s, I just hate being forced colosi in 1v1s so much

I love brotoss so much tho, everything but colosi

Meeru

Banned
Aylinato said:
well, ive just been having a hard time recently with 1v1s, i seem to be messing up somewhere and i just can't tell where, i know its something with teching at the right time, but i am lost when it comes to timing lol >.>

i may also start learning terran for 1v1s, I just hate being forced colosi in 1v1s so much

colossi for mass units? why not hts? those are more scary imo

Keikaku

Aylinato said:

I wouldn't mind practicing with you. I play Protoss and I need all the practice partners I can get. No one else from GAF seems to play much :(

ATYTF.png

:lol

Keikaku

Aylinato said:
yea, but i cant use HTs in PvP.. right?

Yeah, Colossi in Pvp can be a bit of a pain. I find that if I either mix in some Imms and Zealots, my Stalker ball becomes a lot more effective, even against Colossi. Or I just get more Cols.

I suppose I should really experiment with Protoss air more too . . .

Aylinato

Keikaku said:
Yeah, Colossi in Pvp can be a bit of a pain. I find that if I either mix in some Imms and Zealots, my Stalker ball becomes a lot more effective, even against Colossi. Or I just get more Cols.

I suppose I should really experiment with Protoss air more too . . .

yea, I love harassment with void rays, im extremely good at phoenixs especially vs mutas. I might try a modified 4-gate into a stargate type build

Vaporak

Well, I've been playing around with the public beta and it's nearly convinced me to drop SC2 until Heart of the Swarm comes out. It's not what the changes are, it's what they're not. The changes have literally never effected any of my about a dozen games, though the SCV repair priority change will be nice whenever I run into a Thor rush next. Unfortunately, it isn't changing any of the more fundamental issues I've had with playing Protoss since day 1 of the beta. I'm about ready to give up on the race, but really have no interest in race switching. Here's to hoping the race/match-ups gets a serious overhaul come Heart of the Swarm.

TheExodu5

Banned
Vaporak said:
Well, I've been playing around with the public beta and it's nearly convinced me to drop SC2 until Heart of the Swarm comes out. It's not what the changes are, it's what they're not. The changes have literally never effected any of my about a dozen games, though the SCV repair priority change will be nice whenever I run into a Thor rush next. Unfortunately, it isn't changing any of the more fundamental issues I've had with playing Protoss since day 1 of the beta. I'm about ready to give up on the race, but really have no interest in race switching. Here's to hoping the race/match-ups gets a serious overhaul come Heart of the Swarm.

PvT may not be drastically changed, but PvZ certainly should be.

syllogism

Vaporak said:
So what are these fundamental issues?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
God damn at having 2 WoW games up at the same time. Haven't been able to play SC2 for two days straight because of this :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Two days ago or something and it came so randomly... I haven't raged in at least a week so I have no clue which thread I got it from!

Ashhong

Vaporak said:

Please elaborate. I love playing Toss...

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
TheThunder said:
I'm a bit late but wouldn't the FG change make ZvZ a race to who gets more Mutas and upgrade them ?
I thought this got worked out since the defending Z (against mutas) can just go kill the muta techer, or get hydras, wait, then kill muta person.

In a base race, ground unit DPS wins out by a long margin.

I wasn't aware mutas were used in ZvZ since beta. Plus queens make great tankers/anti-air + transfuse + Zerg only having like 20 drones / 1 gas it just isn't cost effective.

Hazaro said:
I thought this got worked out since the defending Z (against mutas) can just go kill the muta techer, or get hydras, wait, then kill muta person.

In a base race, ground unit DPS wins out by a long margin.

I wasn't aware mutas were used in ZvZ since beta. Plus queens make great tankers/anti-air + transfuse + Zerg only having like 20 drones / 1 gas it just isn't cost effective.
no one just goes mutas, its the one who gets the advantage in the ling/bling or blocks the opponents ling bling with roaches and gets a faster lair.

The reason muta insnt seen much is because infestors owned them so hard.

You can use hydras to stall out muta but you give up map presence and need infestors or roaches or you will get crushed by a switch back to bling.

Deadman

Sounds like they are doing a special state of the game today to talk about the patch
StateOfTheGame StateOfTheGame
Cast time will be posted later in the day along with live stream link. Be there or be square hipsters.
53 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»
StateOfTheGame
A wild Beibtosis appears... along with the mighty troll, gracken, and the chill master himself. Cast imminent. Remember the 5th of December.
54 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»
StateOfTheGame
Warning: Patch Detected. Emergency State of the Game needed. Will the pillars please report to the cast mobile. Warning: Patch Detected.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
pieatorium said:
no one just goes mutas, its the one who gets the advantage in the ling/bling or blocks the opponents ling bling with roaches and gets a faster lair.

The reason muta insnt seen much is because infestors owned them so hard.

You can use hydras to stall out muta but you give up map presence and need infestors or roaches or you will get crushed by a switch back to bling.
Hmm.

Yoshichan

ZvZ = First to banelings wins

Won

Vaporak said:

If you have issues with playing toss since beta, then you simply don't like the race and nothing in the expansion will change that.

Yoshichan

mescalineeyes said:
That's just not true, yoshichan!
Roaches and queens LOL at banes. :)
Fuck that! Good baneling micro -> get inside base -> dronezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:D

zlatko

Banned
Yoshichan said:
Two days ago or something and it came so randomly... I haven't raged in at least a week so I have no clue which thread I got it from!

Prolly came from the DSP comments over in the SF thread. It's the most recent thing I could think of where it'd happen. :/ It's where I got my stupid tag as well.

So my buddy wants to try SC2 out and his laptop could run it, but I used up my buddy codes for other friends when I bought mine months ago. Does anyone have an extra one they could PM me so I could get him hooked? :D

V_Arnold

Yoshichan said:
Fuck that! Good baneling micro -> get inside base -> dronezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:D

Not really, luckily. If you smell bane, you can make a nice wall with a pool, an evo, 1-2 crawlers and a queen. good luck going for drones.

Yoshichan

V_Arnold said:
Not really, luckily. If you smell bane, you can make a nice wall with a pool, an evo, 1-2 crawlers and a queen. good luck going for drones.
Won't be able to smell dem banez

Feep

Banned
Just checked out the patch notes.

Protoss hwaiting! Void Rays are now the obvious answer (weren't they before?) to the dreaded Zerg Brood/Ultra late-game tech switches. Sucks that their movement speed upgrade was trashed, though.

New Phoenix build time is going to help crush Muta harass. Plus, they can't be fungaled anymore.

Cheaper observers = I'm almost always going to make two, maybe even three (with my army, back at base, scouting for expos)

Also, Hallucination is buffed.

Really, this is awesome for us Brotoss players.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
syllogism said:
Haha Idra beat zenio on ladder and went *backhand* when it was clear he had won. Zenio replied "gg it's ladder"
:lol :lol aweseome. closing WoW, idra stream time lol

Haunted

syllogism said:
Haha Idra beat zenio on ladder and went *backhand* when it was clear he had won. Zenio replied "gg it's ladder"
:lol awesome.

speaking of streams, remember when I said that the DreamHack HD stream was the most impressive quality stream I've seen so far?

It's just been surpassed by the gosucoaching stream on justin.tv. http://justin.tv/gosucoachingtv# Pretty damn solid. QXC vs Dimaga showmatch going on right now.

Won said:
How in the hell do I get 4 ZvZ in a row? It's like the game doesn't want me to play. -.-
That's the reason why I stopped playing the game and watched pro play instead.

I hate that match up so much.

Haunted

TheThunder said:
does it run at 15-20 fps or is it just me ?
After watching for a bit longer it does lag quite a bit, yeah.

But man, that quality. I feel the urge to click on things in the menu screen because it looks so crisp. :lol

Haunted said:
After watching for a bit longer it does lag quite a bit, yeah.

But man, that quality. I feel the urge to click on things in the menu screen because it looks so crisp. :lol
It started to actually lag the video while the audio plays normally then it jumps 10 seconds ahead...

I'll wait for the VODs

sorry Haunted but Dreamhack is still untouched :D

Haunted

TheThunder said:
It started to actually lag the video while the audio plays normally then it jumps 10 seconds ahead...

I'll wait for the VODs

sorry Haunted but Dreamhack is still untouched :D
Yeah, the Dreamhack HD stream was actually ridiculously good and stable.

This is a great game going on atm btw. 3/3 upgraded Ultralisk plowing through Tanks, Bunkers, Planetary Fortresses, everything.

syllogism

He was actually saying he was mistaken when he called him grack, not that you can tell since his English is apparently terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom