• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Feep said:
NRcIZ.png

YEAHHHHHHHHHH
Congrats!

I'm going away on a spiritual retreat soon, just me myself and .. possibly my laptop camping (there will be a generator, so power)

I'm thinking of just slogging through 7 hours of sc2 a day, to clear my mind.

would that be madness.

Or i should use the time to do something usefull.. like learn a language.

Can one learn a language in 2 weeks of nothing but? I wonder

(edit: by spiritual retreat, i just mean me and a tent out in the middle of no where.. possibly drinking myself silly alone every night)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
sc2 is kinda poverty without an internet connection unless you're really trying to invent a build or something. :\

also congrats feep!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Pandaman said:
sc2 is kinda poverty without an internet connection unless you're really trying to invent a build or something. :\

also congrats feep!

at my current skill level i struggle against very hard computer.. so i'll get over that hump first ;_;

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
HolyCheck said:
at my current skill level i struggle against very hard computer.. so i'll get over that hump first ;_;
:O
very hard has a mean roach rush. -.-
just fast expand, defend it, expand again and build a deathball. it wont ever 6pool you or anything crazy like that, so you can cheat out silly builds like CC first/pylon-nexus, etc.

BigAT

Feep said:
http://i.imgur.com/NRcIZ.png[IMG]

[B]YEAHHHHHHHHHH[/B][/QUOTE]
Congratulations.

I know the match making system is hardly perfect, but in my last 2 matches as been listed as "even match" against a gold player and then against rank 16 diamond (I'm platinum).

Feep

Banned
(laugh) Welcome to Platinum, I guess. Got steamrolled in my first two games against 1-base Terrans.

First one went Mass Banshee vs. 3-gate Robo (also one Raven to crush my observer as soon as it wandered over). I forcefielded my ramp, but he had Banshee/Raven vision, so I backed up, he waited fifteen seconds, and then ran up (my sentries were out of range).

The second went Stimmed Marauder vs. 4-gate. No immortals = destroyed.

= (

I wonder how Blizzard will respond to the negative feedback the Infestor nerf/Phoenix build time increase is generating. Could it possibly lead to a Hydralisk speed increase in the future?

farnham

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
I wonder how Blizzard will respond to the negative feedback the Infestor nerf/Phoenix build time increase is generating. Could it possibly lead to a Hydralisk speed increase in the future?
lurkers :D

My standard 2 rax 1 factory build is loosing its potency against toss. I get owned by early DTs or blinking stalkers. Scans are surprisingly uneffective against DTs with good micro. I think I'm goint to switch to 1/1/1 with an early raven.

Ronok

Won said:
I was already wondering what's going on. SC2 just crashes for me at the moment. :(

Same! I reinstalled the fucking game assuming something on my pc fucked up. I didn't expect the servers going down to cause the game to crash. >.>

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I heard you can disconnect your connection, load game, and then reconnect and get on.

Snow

Seems there is a weird bug where if battle.net is completely up or completely down offline mode detections works fine, but if battle.net is in this cataclysm induced panic mode the client hangs at login.

You can turn off your internet for a second and start up sc2 without it hanging. Then turn internet back on and you should be able to login.

Battle.net websites seem to be in complete meltdown though.

Snow

raphier said:
This fucking sucks. Everything SC2 related is down and http://us.battle.net/wow/en/ gaining all the power.

Shame on you Blizzard for treating us as lesser men.
The wow sites have also being going down, at least on the eu side. Seems they're just desperately trying to keep account management up (where you can enter your shiny new cata key).

Zzoram

Ya this is BS. Most SC2 players have no interest in WoW, but we can't play our game because WoW got a new expansion?

Snow

farnham said:
why is sc2 on the same servers as wow

this makes no sense
Probably not on the same servers, but probably in the same server parks. The pipes for the entire serverpark are probably getting super congested.

raphier

Banned
Snow said:
The wow sites have also being going down, at least on the eu side. Seems they're just desperately trying to keep account management up (where you can enter your shiny new cata key).
I think wow site was down due new system/layout update but it's done now. I've been browsing their forums and everything is working, but when I go to SC2....I disconnect.

Snow

raphier said:
I think wow site was down due new system/layout update but it's done now. I've been browsing their forums and everything is working, but when I go to SC2....I disconnect.
As far as sites go, everything us seems to be up, but eu everything (wow, sc2, bnet frontpage) gives the same static page that links to account management only. Guess it is primetime for euro wow players now or something like that.

raphier

Banned
Snow said:
As far as sites go, everything us seems to be up, but eu everything (wow, sc2, bnet frontpage) gives the same static page that links to account management only. Guess it is primetime for euro wow players now or something like that.
I am EU and I see a New cataclysm webtsite.

Snow

raphier said:
I am EU and I see a New cataclysm webtsite.
Weird, wow-europe.com and eu.battle.net/wow/en all redirect to the maintenance page for me.

I would blame the client bug mostly though. If you do the no internet startup trick and login everything seems to running fine. Only the ingame news section is down (and who ever reads that?). It's sloppy coding, but it's not like they're pulling down matchmaking servers to keep cata up.

This topic is dead without me :lol Let's fix that. My Opinion of 1.2, short version.

"Blizzard has no clue how to balance Protoss"

but

"Fuck Yeah, Reapair SCV get agro, FUCK YEAH!"

with a

"Why the grack did they make fungal not air targetable? Thats just stupid"

I wuv you too

Sblargh

Banned
Mothefucking banshee, I'll never ever ever see the fucking logic behind the fucking invisible fuicking flying fucking unit that deals fucking bonus fucking damage against fucking buildings and is fucking used by the fucking race with the fucking scan has agains the fucking races without the fucking scan.
Fuck fuck fuck.

And terran has hellions and reapers that are units designed solely for harass, even if one of them were invisible wouldn't be as half as a problem as the banshee is. An invisible hellion would still be deadly, it would be even more effective than the DT because you can hide hellions better, but motherfucking banshee. Why it needs to fly? Why it needs to deal bonus damage to building? Why cloak research must be so easy? Why it is the exact same tech path as the raven that completely nullifies what you have been building to deal with the banshee? I know we had this discussion before, but fucking unit designed solely for frustration.

zlatko

Banned
So any chance someone has a spare SC2 trial code? I really need one to give to my buddy who is curious, but not enough without trying it. He lives too far away or else I'd just let him come over.

Help Gaf! :(

zlatko said:
So any chance someone has a spare SC2 trial code? I really need one to give to my buddy who is curious, but not enough without trying it. He lives too far away or else I'd just let him come over.

EU is good ?

DaFish

zlatko said:

I'v got a spare US code... let me know

So I recently went from 25/75 Zerg/Protoss to 100% Zerg after having lost 7 games in a row as Protoss on ladder. Something about the race just wasn't clicking with me. Having a bit of a hard time adjusting to a few Zerg mechanics, but I really am having a ton more fun.

Even if I did just get demoted to Silver :(

FoxSpirit

Man, this infestor nerf kinda sucks. Answer to mass mutas? Err... mass more mutas?
I mean, Terran has stimmed rines, Toss blink Stalkers and Zerg have... very, very slow Hydras? I even won my last game thanks to Hydra/Infestor against mutas >.<

Oh, and the key spam change. Wtf Blizzard, wtf?

Vaporak

FoxSpirit said:
Man, this infestor nerf kinda sucks. Answer to mass mutas? Err... mass more mutas?
I mean, Terran has stimmed rines, Toss blink Stalkers and Zerg have... very, very slow Hydras? I even won my last game thanks to Hydra/Infestor against mutas >.<

If you're on the defensive then Hydras move a good bit faster than stalkers and do way more damage, I think you'll manage some how. :p

FoxSpirit said:

I don't have access to PTR but how about something like Hydra/Corruptor ?

Sblargh said:
Mothefucking banshee, I'll never ever ever see the fucking logic behind the fucking invisible fuicking flying fucking unit that deals fucking bonus fucking damage against fucking buildings and is fucking used by the fucking race with the fucking scan has agains the fucking races without the fucking scan.
Fuck fuck fuck.

And terran has hellions and reapers that are units designed solely for harass, even if one of them were invisible wouldn't be as half as a problem as the banshee is. An invisible hellion would still be deadly, it would be even more effective than the DT because you can hide hellions better, but motherfucking banshee. Why it needs to fly? Why it needs to deal bonus damage to building? Why cloak research must be so easy? Why it is the exact same tech path as the raven that completely nullifies what you have been building to deal with the banshee? I know we had this discussion before, but fucking unit designed solely for frustration.

Step 1: Scout for early gas
Step 2: Scout for bunkering in
Step 3: Scout for early Starport
Step 4: make counter for cloaked banshees (cannons, observer/stalkers, spore crawlers)
Step 5: ???
Step 6: Profit

oh and I had a kickass night tonight against toss. 1/1/1 with M&M, tanks and 1 raven is just kickass. So nice already having the counter to the counter to your tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom