• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow

Rejoice.

We would like to thank everyone for their participation thus far in the first StarCraft 2 public test. We’re in the process of temporarily taking down the PTR in order to apply changes based on your feedback and testing.

Some of the changes we’re working on implementing:
  • Bunker build time reduction removed as previously noted
  • Fungal Growth’s terrestrial limitation has been removed and the ability once again affects air units
  • It will once again be possible to hold down a key to repeat a hotkey command
This down time is expected to start tomorrow at noon, 12:01 p.m. PST and last for approximately 2-3 days. Keep an eye on this forum for updates on when you can rejoin the Public Test Region and begin testing the newest changes.

Thanks for your help!
From http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/1306100875

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
* Bunker build time reduction removed as previously noted
* Fungal Growth’s terrestrial limitation has been removed and the ability once again affects air units
* It will once again be possible to hold down a key to repeat a hotkey command
Wow! These are actually the biggest problems I had with this new patch. Good job.

Snow

I'm also really happy that they're using the PTR to tweak stuff like this, and not just test the technical stability of new features. I wasn't entirely clear on that, but since they said they're planning on having most if not all future sc2 patches go through a PTR phase first, it should give them a really powerful tool for tuning patches in the future.

TheExodu5

Banned
From the Cataclysm CE:

wm.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That IS pretty fucking ridiculously bad.

Yoshichan

TheExodu5 said:
Shush. Worgen Marine is amazing.
No, everytime I see something from WoW in my SC2, I get disgusted and throw up a bit in my mouth. It's seriously that bad.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Yoshichan said:
No, everytime I see something from WoW in my SC2, I get disgusted and throw up a bit in my mouth. It's seriously that bad.
Want to buy my extra code for a Murloc Marine then???? :lol

Aylinato

Corran Horn said:
Want to buy my extra code for a Murloc Marine then???? :lol
I believe I know why Protoss feels so held back. The spells of sentry, phoenix and HTs. I believe blizzard is attempting to make Protoss the -spell caster race in order to have some major differences between p and t or z. I believe this is why when you see a change to p it is needing their normal army composition(zlot time, void Ray) while other units will not get buff due to blizzard forcing protoss to be the spellcasters. They must believe that sentries are a way to protect and divide/conquer your opposing army with your "stronger" forces. Let's take the carrier and archon, and really look at what they should be to what they are. The carrier should be the strongest air unit armor wise, but since phoenixs can lift ground units and make them useless they had to make a trade off by gimping the carrier. The archon is what blizzard thinks is what you do with ht if you have no energy. Well they are formed by a spellcaster, and I believe their balance team is passionate about the casters so much they refuse to look at fundamental problems with the actual army of Protoss. They analzye stats and do in house balance tests while using those spellcasters in order to see how they 'feel' Protoss should be played but not necessarily what Protoss players want to play. Let's take the stalker for instance, one of my favorite micro units. They can kite up until a point, and microing them is so much fun and how I feel Protoss has the potential to be able play. Void rays are another unit that is fun and exciting to micro in battles, pull back, shoot. However they are slowly gimping the ability of those units micro in favor of 'cutesy ' micro units such as sentries, and phoenixs(HT are awesome and I'm not calling them cutesy as they do a good job of being at the right balance with the army.). Zealots are gimped due to blizzard wanting to make protoss players use forcefields to trap ur opponent or be punished by the faster speed of the enemy(without legs) and even with legs if you zealot army runs too far from ur main army u risk losing all ur zealots which are your main meatshield. What blizzard should do is make Protoss less cutesy and just let our micro with the core units be able to handle situations without the aid of 'fluff.'

At least that's what I feel.

Corran Horn

Aylinato said:
I believe I know why Protoss feels so held back. The spells of sentry, phoenix and HTs. I believe blizzard is attempting to make Protoss the -spell caster race in order to have some major differences between p and t or z. I believe this is why when you see a change to p it is needing their normal army composition(zlot time, void Ray) while other units will not get buff due to blizzard forcing protoss to be the spellcasters. They must believe that sentries are a way to protect and divide/conquer your opposing army with your "stronger" forces. Let's take the carrier and archon, and really look at what they should be to what they are. The carrier should be the strongest air unit armor wise, but since phoenixs can lift ground units and make them useless they had to make a trade off by gimping the carrier. The archon is what blizzard thinks is what you do with ht if you have no energy. Well they are formed by a spellcaster, and I believe their balance team is passionate about the casters so much they refuse to look at fundamental problems with the actual army of Protoss. They analzye stats and do in house balance tests while using those spellcasters in order to see how they 'feel' Protoss should be played but not necessarily what Protoss players want to play. Let's take the stalker for instance, one of my favorite micro units. They can kite up until a point, and microing them is so much fun and how I feel Protoss has the potential to be able play. Void rays are another unit that is fun and exciting to micro in battles, pull back, shoot. However they are slowly gimping the ability of those units micro in favor of 'cutesy ' micro units such as sentries, and phoenixs(HT are awesome and I'm not calling them cutesy as they do a good job of being at the right balance with the army.). Zealots are gimped due to blizzard wanting to make protoss players use forcefields to trap ur opponent or be punished by the faster speed of the enemy(without legs) and even with legs if you zealot army runs too far from ur main army u risk losing all ur zealots which are your main meatshield. What blizzard should do is make Protoss less cutesy and just let our micro with the core units be able to handle situations without the aid of 'fluff.'

At least that's what I feel.
My murloc code is doing this to protoss? :(

fanboi said:
^ you should give it to me... OR ELSE!
lol If you want to buy it sure! I cant believe I got stuck with an extra blizzcon ticket -.-

Slavik81 said:
Is there any way to win as Zerg-Zerg in 2v2 without double 10-pooling or roach rushing? Or do I just suck as Zerg?

I love zerg-zerg, masses of early lings are so deadly. I also love how fast you can creep up the map and you can really abuse it because you are both zerg. Double muta is also very hard to deal with.

The main thing you have to do is constantly pressure and pretty much not let them expand. The bigger the armies get the harder it is to win with 2 zerg IMO. You want to keep the armies small and manageable with constant harrasment.

You also really need to be able to flank or you will have a very hard time.

Zzoram

Slavik81 said:
Is there any way to win as Zerg-Zerg in 2v2 without double 10-pooling or roach rushing? Or do I just suck as Zerg?

One of you has to go pure muta while the other feeds the gas to support it and masses up upgraded zergling/roach/spines for defense. Mutas need to cripple economy of other team and keep their army running back and forth between their bases so they don't attack while you tech and macro up.

Corran Horn

fanboi said:
Niiiiiiiiiiice

http://i.imgur.com/zSA3B.jpg

EDIT: HOLY SHIT PIC IS HUGE[/QUOTE]
All the pros in the grand master league are like shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, im going to get bugged with messages all day now! :lol

DaFish said:
The marauder keyboard is sitting on my front stoop while I'm up here at work.

need... to... get... home...
All I know so far is that the packaging is awesome. And the keyboard is much larger than I thought it was going to be. So is the mouse!

Sitting at work now as well :(

DaFish

The Lamonster said:
All I know so far is that the packaging is awesome. And the keyboard is much larger than I thought it was going to be. So is the mouse!

Sitting at work now as well :(
hmmm I figured the keyboard would be smaller since it doesn't have the insert/home buttons or the arrow keys...

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I got a Lycosa a few months back and while it's pretty good, if I had know about the Black Widow I would have just spent the extra on that.

Ikuu said:
I got a Lycosa a few months back and while it's pretty good, if I had know about the Black Widow I would have just spent the extra on that.
I almost got the Black Widow except I wanted all the backlighting colors of the Marauder. The BW is only blue.

Zzoram

The Lamonster said:
I almost got the Black Widow except I wanted all the backlighting colors of the Marauder. The BW is only blue.

At least the Black Widow can justify it's cost by using mechanical Cherry MX Blue switches. The Marauder just has backlighting.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
does anyone know how persistent the ptr will be? i've been laddering with protoss on ptr and was wondering if it'll be a reliable way to have a backup account without ruining my forrealsies ladder record.

Zzoram

Pandaman said:
does anyone know how persistent the ptr will be? i've been laddering with protoss on ptr and was wondering if it'll be a reliable way to have a backup account without ruining my forrealsies ladder record.

I imagine the PTR and real ladders will stay seperate.

Pai Pai Master said:
God this game looks amazing in 3D.

You're doing that? Aren't the glasses super expensive? Is it harder to play/tell what's going on?

BigAT

Does anyone have any recommendations on a good gaming surface? I prefer the hard, plastic type over cloth ones. The pad I've been using for the last 6 years or so is starting to show its age.

Zzoram

BigAT said:
Does anyone have any recommendations on a good gaming surface? I prefer the hard, plastic type over cloth ones. The pad I've been using for the last 6 years or so is starting to show its age.

I don't use any mouse pads.

Meeru

Banned
Cheeto said:
Banshees deal bonus damage to everything

Every problem I had with the patch has been addressed, awesome... makes me wonder what they were thinking in the first place.
They had feedback from top players. Derp

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
BigAT said:
I use a Razer cloth one and it's awesome but before that used a steelseries plastic one and it was good also, seems the 4HD is a plastic pad.

BigAT said:

I am using an alugraphics Gamer Pro. It is amazing.

My mouse tracks fine on anything but the physical movement isn't reliably smooth without a mouse pad. You don't want slick spots or rough spots.

Zzoram

Aquavelvaman said:
My mouse tracks fine on anything but the physical movement isn't reliably smooth without a mouse pad. You don't want slick spots or rough spots.

I haven't used a mousepad in years and I haven't noticed any problems gaming. The wooden keyboard tray I have is smooth though, and I'll give it a wipe every now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom