• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
haha~

time for ponies.
VW21N.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
so irritating

a176

Banned
Keikaku said:
I don't recall hearing any complaints about the prize distribution from the players and they're to ones who're actually trying to make a living on this. In fact, from what I've heard from SOTG, MLG got almost unanimous praise for raising the prize pool this year. What exactly is your beef with it?

EDIT: 10 Zealots beat 6 Unsupported Siege Tanks
su42Z.jpg

DOUBLE EDIT: Genesis = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbpXAC3D6IA

A move will make them clump to the spot, but move makes them move in the magic box?

why did i not know this before

Q8D3vil

a176 said:
A move will make them clump to the spot, but move makes them move in the magic box?

why did i not know this before
tanks will target the closest zealots so he has spread 4 zealots to tank the blasts while marching with the other zealots to attack the tanks.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
First thing I thought of, actually.

jasonng

Panda doesn't know how to rage, he's Canadian. I would say that's me but I'm not in Masters.

Edit: That thread is so full of stupid, I would never use their forums.

Panda is very well mannered. I destroyed him a few days ago and he simply GG'd and got rather quiet on mumble. Kind of felt bad for him ya know

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
well, you dont have a mic, so its not like i could talk the game out >_>

but yea, i've been worried about my zvz alot lately. i enjoy the matchup but i've somehow gone out of practice despite gaf being 80% zerg.

My ZvZ is horrible. I knew what you would do before the game started, as I've watched and played you before. But on ladder I typically don't know whether it's going to be a macro game or a quick death. So far I can't really get away with a fast expand, which results in back and forths until one player has breathing room to expand.

The only reason I'm winning ZvZs on ladder now is due to Roach/ling rushes on the small-medium rush distance maps. If things turn into a macro game I typically lose.

jasonng

PhoenixDark said:
My ZvZ is horrible. I knew what you would do before the game started, as I've watched and played you before. But on ladder I typically don't know whether it's going to be a macro game or a quick death. So far I can't really get away with a fast expand, which results in back and forths until one player has breathing room to expand.

The only reason I'm winning ZvZs on ladder now is due to Roach/ling rushes on the small-medium rush distance maps. If things turn into a macro game I typically lose.
i_hug_that_feel.png

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ive been doing 14/14s in my zvz's alot more now because of the new maps. need more practice, but ive been able to claw my way back into macro games a few times.

Another problem: knowing when to drone and when to produce units. Typically in a ZvZ you need more than 4 lings in the (very) early game. Not only to scout but to hold off early ling pressure. In games where both of us are on two base, I find myself struggling to get my Roach numbers right. I'll have 5-6 at my base as I drone, plus a spine crawler. Then I see 11 Roaches heading for my base, I start producing, get supply blocked, and before you know it I've lost for being stupid.

In terms of longer macro games, one of the ways I typically lose is seeing his Infestor Pit and a couple early Infestors, then deciding to get a Hydra Den instead of an Infestor Pit. My reasoning is that I can get Hydras out faster than Infestors with energy, but that build rarely holds the Roach/Infestor push.

jasonng

I can't remember the last time I had an effective army with hydras. Typically the only time I have hydras are against Toss that go the air route or has stuck with gateway tech for too long but those are rare now.

fanboi

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
Another problem: knowing when to drone and when to produce units. Typically in a ZvZ you need more than 4 lings in the (very) early game. Not only to scout but to hold off early ling pressure. In games where both of us are on two base, I find myself struggling to get my Roach numbers right. I'll have 5-6 at my base as I drone, plus a spine crawler. Then I see 11 Roaches heading for my base, I start producing, get supply blocked, and before you know it I've lost for being stupid.

In terms of longer macro games, one of the ways I typically lose is seeing his Infestor Pit and a couple early Infestors, then deciding to get a Hydra Den instead of an Infestor Pit. My reasoning is that I can get Hydras out faster than Infestors with energy, but that build rarely holds the Roach/Infestor push.

Test throwing down more spines.

I have noticed Destiny throws down a wall just so he can get away with droning and doing drops with infestors.

a176

Banned
jasonng said:
I can't remember the last time I had an effective army with hydras. Typically the only time I have hydras are against Toss that go the air route or has stuck with gateway tech for too long but those are rare now.

depending on the map, roach hydra infestor can be a good combo in zvz.

roach damage is limited to either the width of the arc, or if you clump-move up your roaches to get more in range.

to reduce the latter, hydras add crazy extra dps behind the roach, remain relatively safe because the roaches are tanking all the damage from enemy roaches, and are not effected by fungal's bonus v armored.

but you're looking at 3base to support that army

Yoshichan

Q8D3vil, stop changing avatar all the time... you're making me confused.

I LOVE your current avatar btw. Show dem Z that BF is the KING.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Yoshichan said:
Q8D3vil, stop changing avatar all the time... you're making me confused.

I LOVE your current avatar btw. Show dem Z that BF is the KING.
Marine is no longer the king? How dare you turn your back on him.

Yoshichan

No, no, no hold on here... I never said anything about abandoning 200/200 marineball against anything. I can't control hellions at all, just giving credits to those who can (Q8D3vil being one of them).

edit: On the verge of buying these NIKE Marine shoes...

Ez2a3.jpg

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Yoshichan said:
No, no, no hold on here... I never said anything about abandoning 200/200 marineball against anything. I can't control hellions at all, just giving credits to those who can (Q8D3vil being one of them).
yoshi.jpg

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Figured some of you Terrans would like this.

AtomHeart

Neo Member
I just completed the single player campaign and decided to head into multiplayer with a friend, he wrecked me pretty bad so I decided to have a look at his match history and he has all losses in the silver league.

Good lord I am terribad if I can't beat him. :*(

MrKnives

AtomHeart said:
I just completed the single player campaign and decided to head into multiplayer with a friend, he wrecked me pretty bad so I decided to have a look at his match history and he has all losses in the silver league.

One training evening with us and you will be rolling masters

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
AtomHeart said:

You need a starting point with a general idea of what you want to do.

From there work on understanding limitations and timings and how to execute what you want well.

AtomHeart

Neo Member
I go into games with a general plan, but the problem I'm having is that sometimes even if I can win an engagement I'll just completely back off anyway. I had a chance to cripple my friends economy with mutas and at the sight of the missile turret I grabbed them back instantly.

I have a history of turtling when playing RTS games, hard habit to break. I'll just keep playing games and I'll slowly improve :D

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
AtomHeart said:
I go into games with a general plan, but the problem I'm having is that sometimes even if I can win an engagement I'll just completely back off anyway. I had a chance to cripple my friends economy with mutas and at the sight of the missile turret I grabbed them back instantly.

I have a history of turtling when playing RTS games, hard habit to break. I'll just keep playing games and I'll slowly improve :D
Ah, yes.

Common problem. With time you will know the limitations of your opponent at times.

Mutas are like so mobile you can be super aggressive.
Rolling a tank push into the middle of the map. That's scary.

MrKnives

AtomHeart said:

Come to NeoGaf channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom