• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Iron on patches suck balls, but did okay for first time, got to try again later

gafshirt.jpg

edit: SanZenith streaming? Why it still says zenith!

nilbog21

Banned
why didn't we get that shirt printed? :\

@bigat you have tomove them to a location, and while they are moving to that location you shift+T a shit ton and they will all come at once once they reach their target

btw bigat why is breaking bad so god dam bad now?

nilbog21

Banned
Corran Horn said:
Cuz I never submitted it? lol

And I dunno if they can do art on the sleeve.

put them on the front of the shirt like the original design? I'm sure evillore would have accepted it

Keikaku

A small preview of what I'm working on for the Terran SC2 GAF shirt design. It's nowhere near done yet as I still have a lot of the finer details to work in and this is just one of 3 designs that I'm making, but I just wanted to get some initial impressions.

HchQ5.jpg

Purpose of Logo
  • Remind people of the NeoGAF logo.
  • Simultaneously remind people of SC2 and the Terran icon/logo. It's got some elements from both of those there and, once I get some grime on it, it'll be a lot more apparent.
  • Be clean, simple and elegant. This should be shirt that you could wear anywhere.
  • Must be wearable to LANs, tourneys or other professional gaming events

To do
  • Make it look more Terran
  • Start on the Protoss and Zerg icons
  • Create/find a good font and see if I can work some writing in. "Team GAF" or something.

BigAT

nilbog21 said:
why didn't we get that shirt printed? :\

@bigat you have tomove them to a location, and while they are moving to that location you shift+T a shit ton and they will all come at once once they reach their target

btw bigat why is breaking bad so god dam bad now?
I wouldn't say it's bad, but it's certainly in a lull at the moment. That is pretty normal for the series though, the pace of the show has always tended to ebb and flow. I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow's episode kicks things up a gear.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
anyone else watching the "frag for cancer" charity tourney? kinda scrubby play, but they've gotten jarett cale (aka jeremy from pure pwnage) to cast it with adebisi from wp.org.

i tuned in expecting it to be a funny gimmick cast, but the dude knows his shit. still throws some tongue in cheek pwnerisms in there but he seems crazy up on the game, referencing gsl shit going all the way back to season one.

hope he starts doing it regularly.
stream here

Edit: I agree with that thread that the community with SC2 is shit for the most part (even that thread on TL is a cesspool of fuckwits). Yeah i can ignore people telling me to get cancer and die but i still find it pathetic that this is the standard of people playing online.

Online gamine, particularly one as stressful as this, really shows you just how many dickheads are out there. This is just there chance to act like it without showing it to people they know in real life.

PhoenixDark said:
My ZvZ is horrible. I knew what you would do before the game started, as I've watched and played you before. But on ladder I typically don't know whether it's going to be a macro game or a quick death. So far I can't really get away with a fast expand, which results in back and forths until one player has breathing room to expand.

The only reason I'm winning ZvZs on ladder now is due to Roach/ling rushes on the small-medium rush distance maps. If things turn into a macro game I typically lose.

I'm doing really well in ZvZ at the moment, but i will admit many of my matches are decided fairly early.

Also i can't be bothered fast expanding in ZvZ. It doesn't really feel like it gets you much further ahead economy wise than just doing 14/14 and i feel a lot less safe.

BigAT

AdventureRacing said:
Online gamine, particularly one as stressful as this, really shows you just how many dickheads are out there. This is just there chance to act like it without showing it to people they know in real life.
You're right, although you've narrowed it down too much. Unfortunately it's just an effect of the internet in general and online gaming is not immune to it. Go read the comments on any news article or Youtube video that is even remotely related to politics or race.

BigAT said:
You're right, although you've narrowed it down too much. Unfortunately it's just an effect of the internet in general and online gaming is not immune to it. Go read the comments on any news article or Youtube video that is even remotely related to politics or race.

I agree with you. The comments on places like that are just disgraceful. I like getting involved with gaming communities (and SC2 GAF is awesome) but in general i find it's a very unappealing community. I know it's the same with basically everything online but it still sucks.

zlatko

Banned
Corran Horn said:
Iron on patches suck balls, but did okay for first time, got to try again later

gafshirt.jpg

edit: SanZenith streaming? Why it still says zenith!

You're the greenman from It's Always Sunny?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
PhoenixDark said:
lmao, gotta get that paper. Is it true he has a little kid?

Yep, should be a couple months old at this point.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Forget his face... he's using the same IKEA table as I am.

Keikaku

Finalized SC2 Terran-GAF Logo. If there are no objections and you guys like it, I want to submit this to Evilore as the logo for one of our official Team GAF shirts.

RyLwn.jpg

Striek

I really like the overall look of it, but is the white meant to represent the stim lightning icon mixed with the gaf logo? If not I don't get it.

Keikaku

Jeff-DSA said:
Very nice. I like that a lot.
Thanks man :)

Striek said:
I really like the overall look of it, but is the white meant to represent the stim lightning icon mixed with the gaf logo? If not I don't get it.
The white stripe is the NeoGAF 'N' symbol mixed with the general look of the Terran faction icon.
GgDUw.jpg

It's a bit subtle, but I really tried to capture the hard edges and the little corner kink of the icon above. I tried a bunch of different iterations and this one looked the best, once all the effects were implemented.

Striek

Keikaku said:
Thanks man :)

The white stripe is the NeoGAF logo mixed with the general look of the Terran faction icon.
GgDUw.jpg

It's a bit subtle, but I really tried to capture the hard edges and the little corner kink of the icon above. I tried a bunch of different iterations and this one looked the best, once all the effects were implemented.
Ahhh, I never noticed that as anything other than a chevron tbh. Good work.

Man I'm loving Destiny's stream; initially I'd watch it every now and then, but now I pretty much watch it whenever it's on and I have time.

I won a couple games today with some excessive Infestor use - once against a death ball Toss, the other in a Roach/Infestor ZvZ war.

Dooraven

That's just basically due to the retarded 111 allin, once it gets patched or figured out by protoss (how the hell is a 10 minute allin not only feasible but works >95% of the time is beyond me), it'll go back to being fairly even.

PvZ on the other hand, Korean protosses have no idea wtf to do in that match up and It'll decline even further til they find out a solid game plan.

Holden

ya, ppl like devil think 111 is not good ( makes me laugh )

but ya 111 is so fucking hard to defend when people know how to do it. Cause i play vs that build so many times, when they do the timing right, its extremely hard to stop, but so many ppl in masters don't know how to time it right for some reason...

Q8D3vil

Hugoboss21 said:
ya, ppl like devil think 111 is not good ( makes me laugh )

but ya 111 is so fucking hard to defend when people know how to do it. Cause i play vs that build so many times, when they do the timing right, its extremely hard to stop, but so many ppl in masters don't know how to time it right for some reason...
i didn't say its not good, i said its hard to execute and hit that timing.
i had a very good success with it but then protoss start doing immortal flanks which made is very very weak.
but i guess koreans plays a different game lol.

edit : also, it works because protoss fe.
i remember not being able to kill 2 gate expand if their micro is good and did a flank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom