• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
There's going to be skins (etc) for Dota2 wether it's f2p (it should be) or not. I'll be playing for sure, been playing nothing but HoN the past few weeks.

MrKnives

mescalineeyes said:
I might be wrong, but:

HoN is free. LoL is free.

HoN wasn't free from the start + Dota 2 is the king of them all so people would buy it anyways.
I could agree that it needs to be f2p if they want to clearly overthrow LoL and HoN and Dota etc.

Edit: What can I say, I don't like f2p that much. I don't like how in LoL you can buy shit that makes you level up faster

MrKnives

fanboi said:
Wtf is this shit?

Deserters?

Kill em, Kill em all!

We are all deserters for a while when D3 comes anyways. You have your Skyrim.
I just had too much fun with Dota with friends so I have to get it because they are getting it too. You should try it's mucho fun

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
DotA is massive in Asia/Russia and most of the players there are using cracked copies of War3, by making it f2p they don't need to worry about piracy and they get Steam into Asia. I just hope they don't go the LoL route and have a hero rotation.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
MrKnives said:
True. But then why Mesc assumes it's f2p :>
I rather pay 30€ and don't have to deal with hats.

Same. Just add SC2 there too so I'm getting on a busy schedule if I want to play them all :( Then add new CS there if it's any good and damn...
I thinks its assumed due to steams push to f2p with tf2 and that all dota games are basically f2p now.

MrKnives

Ikuu said:
DotA is massive in Asia/Russia and most of the players there are using cracked copies of War3, by making it f2p they don't need to worry about piracy and they get Steam into Asia. I just hope they don't go the LoL route and have a hero rotation.

I agree that it needs to be f2p if they want to take the market by force but the LoL route is excactly why I don't want them to make it f2p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
dota talk in my sc2-thread...

gtfo

MrKnives

Yoshichan said:
dota talk in my sc2-thread...

gtfo

okay_face_Highest_Rated_Post_Ever-s251x239-156794-535.jpg

V_Arnold

I would only play DOTA if

1) It comes out before Diablo 3 by a month at least
2) We have a full GAF team
3) Nobody pounds me into the ground as soon as I make my first (but not last) mistake in the game

Then we can talk.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Not you MrKnives :(!

MrKnives

V_Arnold said:

3) Nobody pounds me into the ground as soon as I make my first (but not last) mistake in the game

Then we can talk.

You're like a celebrity with a backstage request list.

Yoshichan said:
Not you MrKnives :(!

^^ :)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
V_Arnold said:

Then we can talk.

Yes, my major put off of playing is how shit i've seen others act when i've ever tried one game and just get shit thrown at me because it's the first dota style game i've EVER PLAYED and i dont know ANYTHING and i just want some one to guide me :( not FFS NOOB *QUIT*

Yoshichan

I remember losing my first game in SCII. He said to me "Keep practicing and you'll do great! gg"

I remember entering my first dota (LoL) lobby. He said to me "Fk off dont feed omg 4sshole gtfo"

zlatko

Banned
HolyCheck said:
Yes, my major put off of playing is how shit i've seen others act when i've ever tried one game and just get shit thrown at me because it's the first dota style game i've EVER PLAYED and i dont know ANYTHING and i just want some one to guide me :( not FFS NOOB *QUIT*

Shouldn't be a problem if you played LoL. The game has a nice tutorial, and lets you play as many games as you want against AI bots with real person team mates.

I didn't find any issues going from bots to real people, especially coming off of SC2. Rule of thumb is not to just go balls deep and over commit to attacking. Pull back often, and go back to base and heal if you have to, because it's better than feeding the other team a kill so they level up faster.

The worst times on LoL for me were games you start and 1-2 people are afk the whole game, or you have 1 guy who just won't talk or listen. "I'm already soloing mid please go bottom." And they just stand there like a jack off, then run right at towers to die.

I.Q. tests should be in place with DOTA 2 to prevent these people on my team. I'm not the best by any stretch of the imagination, but I can't stand total dead weight. If you're learning then you should be asking and playing it safe.

DOTA 2 Gaf will be huge. :O

The reason the MOBA communities are so unfriendly is because I played one game too many and I managed to piss everyone off with my permanent lack of talent for that game.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Yoshichan said:
I remember losing my first game in SCII. He said to me "Keep practicing and you'll do great! gg"

I remember entering my first dota (LoL) lobby. He said to me "Fk off dont feed omg 4sshole gtfo"

similar story actually, one of my first sc2 games i lost to a zerg who broke the rocks down in desert oasis?? and he msgd me after and said to have a look at the replay and that i should build my 2nd or 3rd supply depot in there so i have vision, i was very thankful

Yoshichan

HolyCheck said:
yes! thanks!

fond times lol.
Definitely. Good lord, the siege tanks were so good in that map (also, that was before they got nerfed). My God, SCII was sooooo good back then.

btw I am going to go on the record here that Terran is my race for life.

GAF tourney is the last you'll see me play Zerg.

... which means I do have to change my avatar.

Yoshichan

mescalineeyes said:

I knew I saw a bit of terran inside you :) It was only a matter of time.

fanboi

Banned
mescalineeyes said:

No one has ever died on me so much as you just did.

Fucker.

I will get my hands rough on you.

Yoshichan

zoukka said:
No more spinecrawler rushes to hatcheries.
wow

edit: don't worry, he's got stim and Viking range (9) now.

ksan

Haha, apparently it's Morrow's birthday today and SjoW posted This on his TL fanclub.

it's from a Swedish kids show, but I think you should get the idea

V_Arnold

zoukka said:
Just wait till the Infestor nerf and Destiny will be forgotten instantly. (and dropped from GM).

Agreed. Perfect example of an imba unit-abuser. But at least he talks some shit to everyone in the stream, cause that is 'hip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom