• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so confused as to what is going on right now. Is all the discussion just rumors and speculation? I think it would be exciting for IdrA to switch races.

I wish more people would play as random. I want to see a tournament where all the players play as random.

Awesome Animals said:
I'm so confused as to what is going on right now. Is all the discussion just rumors and speculation? I think it would be exciting for IdrA to switch races.

I wish more people would play as random. I want to see a tournament where all the players play as random.

Well EGHuk seems pretty much confirmed, though with all the nuttiness I'm getting a little skeptikal, but there's a lot of weird other stuff in the background. A lot more beyond that seems to be confirmed to be coming down the pike, and a lot of rumors surrounding that.

Deadman

Meanwhile in the background tylers saga continues

Liquid`Tyler August 16 2011 00:35. Posts 5861 Profile Blog #
so i havent been playin sc2 but i woke up w/ a boner and i really had to pee... and my crisis management and micro was really something to behold. it inspired me to play some games today

MrKnives

I would have thought that Incontrol have teached them not to overhype things or they just lose their charm eventually. Now it's more annoying than interesting.

I support EGHeatoN though

MrKnives

cubicle47b said:
What hype? There's a counter on a website and there are a few twitter comments that say nothing that people are reading into.

Constant trolling / secret cryptic messages /
Have you seen the website? They have tweeted some freaking cryptic numbers for people to crack etc.
They are definately trying to make this as big as they can before it fails tommorrow or whenever the timer runs out

Deadman

Incontrol playing a zerg on ladder, the zerg slips about 10 lings in to his base through the failed ffe wall. Says "stay ez"

Later incontrol stabilises and is doing 6 gate and says to the zerg "out now? or later?"

Then his 6 gate is crushed, the zerg attacks him and says "stay ez" once more. Dt cheese fails to get incontrol the win.

Oh and incontrol cannon rushed to begin with.

MrKnives

cubicle47b said:
That's not hype, it's just trolling a stupid, obsessive community.

Creating a big freaking timer for your announcement isn't trying to hype it up?
Stupid obessive community isn't even a excuse anymore. They should have known better not to troll and give any stupid cryptic messages if they don't want to make it bigger than it is. I would have figured they already learned what kinda community we have.

What even happened to just announcing it when it actually happens. Why everything needs to be announcement of an announcement.

JZBwA.jpg

Keikaku

Deadman said:
Incontrol playing a zerg on ladder, the zerg slips about 10 lings in to his base through the failed ffe wall. Says "stay ez"

Later incontrol stabilises and is doing 6 gate and says to the zerg "out now? or later?"

Then his 6 gate is crushed, the zerg attacks him and says "stay ez" once more. Dt cheese fails to get incontrol the win.

He got 6-pooled in the next game and then got trolled by people in his chat. I feel kinda bad for him.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Deadman said:

Keikaku said:
He got 6-pooled in the next game and then got trolled by people in his chat. I feel kinda bad for him.

Fpvmt.gif

MrKnives said:
Creating a big freaking timer for your announcement isn't trying to hype it up?

It's hyping it up, not overhyping it like Incontrol did by talking about a huge announcement he wasn't allowed to talk about yet on every State of the Game.

Why not put a big timer up and throw cryptic messages around to fuck with a bunch of idiots. They find it entertaining, obviously.

MrKnives

cubicle47b said:
It's hyping it up, not overhyping it like Incontrol did by talking about a huge announcement he wasn't allowed to talk about yet on every State of the Game.

Why not put a big timer up and throw cryptic messages around to fuck with a bunch of idiots. They find it entertaining, obviously.

I don't have any trouble with that tbh. I will if it backfires because the announcement wasn't as big as people expected it to be and EG starts blaming the community for overhyping it themselves.
They can't have it both ways. The community is crazy so either keep it low profile or expect harsh words.

nilbog21

Banned
Corran Horn said:
It was funny seeing artosis switch and be worse playing protoss. But he cant practice as much (I miss his stream ;; )

thats cuz when he played zerg he gave it 110%
i think he plays mostly casually now

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Watching Incontrols stream, he's lost like 4 in a row and is just getting trolled in his chat.

MrKnives said:
I don't have any trouble with that tbh. I will if it backfires because the announcement wasn't as big as people expected it to be and EG starts blaming the community for overhyping it themselves.
They can't have it both ways. The community is crazy so either keep it low profile or expect harsh words.

What they're doing is low profile and the community is to blame for overhyping it themselves. When people read 3 word twitter posts that could be about anything as Idra retiring they're beyond help. If I had any kind of influence in the community I'd write a daily Rekrul style rant about it.

Mairu

cubicle47b said:
What they're doing is low profile and the community is to blame for overhyping it themselves. When people read 3 word twitter posts that could be about anything as Idra retiring they're beyond help. If I had any kind of influence in the community I'd write a daily Rekrul style rant about it.
Low profile? The whole thing is designed as some sort of shitty ARG. The entire intent is to create buzz around whatever announcement it's going to be.

Why would BW titans join a foreign team? It would make more sense to either create their own team or join a Korean one. Once those major players switch, the fanbase will follow, as will sponsors. Then the foreign scene will finally have some competition, financially.

Also, BW players aren't dominating SC2, I see no reason to believe Jaedong will magically switch to SC2 zerg and be better than Nestea or Sen in no time.

PhoenixDark said:
Why would BW titans join a foreign team? It would make more sense to either create their own team or join a Korean one. Once those major players switch, the fanbase will follow, as will sponsors. Then the foreign scene will finally have some competition, financially.

Also, BW players aren't dominating SC2, I see no reason to believe Jaedong will magically switch to SC2 zerg and be better than Nestea or Sen in no time.
It's called trolling

Has someone considered Huk and Puma might be moving to an apartment together ?

MrKnives

cubicle47b said:

Then we just have completely different opinions on what is low profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom