• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q8D3vil

Hugoboss21 said:
more like, "when are you gonna start playing sc2 again". so many other games taking my time atm :p
nice, what are you playing ?
i'm waiting for deus ex to take time of sc2 and play some sp games :)

Holden

trackmania 2, bastion, 3 or so hours of dota 2 reps per day ( gonna be worse if i get a beta invite o_O ) and working takes me 15 hours a week or so. before TM2 and bastion came out i was playing oblivion i'll prob finish it soon
if no dota
but don't worry i'll be back soon, just taking a break, probably as toss, i'll see.

edit: oh and machinarium and braid

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yeah, I barely find the time to play SCII now that I'm playing the Diablo III beta.

I fucking wish. Fuck you Blizzard.

syllogism

Dooraven said:
wow the koreans at PlayXP are seriously pissed at Blizzard (IEM results)
It's just a handful of comments and that's about as interesting as "people" on TL whining about it

Also that "jingjing" balance thing never has more than a few hundred votes and as such is very volatile and depends on which race just feel likes voting on any given day.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
jersoc said:
of course.
stopped reading here

edit: also, Jinro's streaming! gogogog

Yoshichan

Mother of God, that quality.

Trickster

Lol, decided that'd it start playing a bit of sc2 again after a break. Figure it's best to start playing in the custom games just to get familiar with everything.

I meet some protoss, who ask me to 1-1-1 him. I tell him I can't because I'm just trying out terran for the first time. He gets pissed at me, and leaves. Fair enough, no problem.

Sign up for new custom game, meet same protoss guy. He start off by calling me a noob in the pre lobby. Then shortly into the game says it's fucked that he can't filter his custom games from shit like me.

Then says that he will grant me this win, so I should be happy since it's probably my first and last if I don't 1-1-1 all my games.

I can't help but sit here smilling, knowing that I managed to piss off someone who is clearly a huge doucebag.

Finalow

i started this game a few days ago, i'm pretty n00bish right now but not so bad. (still i'm in the platinum league lol)
and Day9 ftw.

Yoshichan

finalozzo said:
i started this game a few days ago, i'm pretty n00bish right now but not so bad. (still i'm in the platinum league lol)
and Day9 ftw.
EU or US

Dakota47

I'm forever bronze. I think I have played about three- or four hundred matches now. Never got higher than the number one of my bronze division. So a buddy of mine suggested that it might be a good idea to play some 2v2 so he could teach me some pointers and tricks. We did our five placement matches tonight. My friend had to constantly coach me and I fucked up here and there, but the result was nevertheless two losses and three wins. Placement in:

5jcKb.jpg

I did a huge fist pump when I saw that pop-up. Best moment of my SC2 'career' so far.

Yoshichan

Gz on Plat man.

Yoshichan

finalozzo said:
EU, playing with zerg.
Shit man! PM me your id and character code :D Fellow EU player, that's insane! When do you usually play?

jersoc

Yoshichan said:
stopped reading here

edit: also, Jinro's streaming! gogogog

well, that would be the end of my post. so probably best you did stop reading there. otherwise you might have been seeing things.

jinro's stream was lagging for me at the time.

Holden

Corran Horn said:
Hate people who play music loudly :/

DUBSTEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBUWUBWUBUWUBWUBUWUBWUBUWUB

so good

ps: random fact: 111 build is the "real" tastless build :p

Yoshichan

MrKnives said:
Why is it insane? There is a lot of EU's playing.
no. everyone bailed the fuck out, joining the weak region.

Holden

Corran Horn said:
Its so annoying ;;

i don't even watch the stream half the time, i just put the music at max feeells goooooood

dubstep4life

Yoshichan said:

there is a reason there are on NA, cause its to boring in EU

MrKnives

Yoshichan said:

Not really. A lot of people are on but just not in NeoGaf channel.
Sometimes even that channel gets >10 people there, which is a lot of EU.

It's because of people like you (nobody is there so I won't be either) the channel is mostly empty. So stop whining and join the channel!

Yoshichan

MrKnives said:
Not really. A lot of people are on but just not in NeoGaf channel.
Sometimes even that channel gets >10 people there, which is a lot of EU.

It's because of people like you (nobody is there so I won't be either) the channel is mostly empty. So stop whining and join the channel!
Yep, I'm part of the problem. GAF EU is boring (not the actual posters, mind you). I've found my EU buddies from RL and TL :)

Yoshichan

Btw TL, as a community, truly sucks ass... there are definitely some gem players there though!

Yoshichan

FieryBalrog said:
You should have seen it 5 years ago. At least they have some real moderation now!
Jesus. I'm glad I joined it late.

MrKnives

FieryBalrog said:
You should have seen it 5 years ago. At least they have some real moderation now!

What are you talking about? It was completely fine 5 years ago before all the SC2 kiddies started to cry in every thread about everything.

By "completely fine" I of course mean it was like any other forum with a tight community.

Deadman

Liquid`Tyler August 22 2011 06:03. Posts 5890 Profile Blog #
Something like this was a possibility ever since so many protoss players began to rely on 15nexus and 1gate expand. I've never understood the economic necessity of expanding so soon. 1gate robo and 1gate star (for phoenix) builds can yield economically sound mid games without sacrificing early game information. I don't think there is such an economic necessity. I think protoss players saw that they could get away with really early expansions and so they did it. Now it's back to being a coinflip like it ought to be. Rushing to gather information remains the most reliable way to get to mid game on even ground or to win outright against opponents not intending to enter mid game. Of course, this requires perfect use of the information, so it is a more difficult way to play until all the necessary knowledge has been discovered, at which point it makes all the things it counters absolutely obsolete. I imagine 1-1-1 is one such thing.

Interesting.

Q8D3vil

Deadman said:
Interesting.
same thing happened when terran start doing the 1 rax expand/marauders expand.
see the first series of mc vs jinro in the gsl. mc raped jinro fe one time after another with 1 base pushes and void ray builds.

Haunted

Is the 1/1/1 + Raven actually the Tasteless build? That'd be so damn hilarious if it actually is.

MrKnives said:
Terran says: Protoss & Zerg OP

Protoss says: Terran & Zerg OP

Zerg says: Terran & Protoss OP
But one of them is right.

Haunted said:
Is the 1/1/1 + Raven actually the Tasteless build? That'd be so damn hilarious if it actually is.

But one of them is right.

I'm pretty sure it is the actual Tasteless build, or at least what was first referred to as the Tasteless build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom