• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

Slayers Dragon is the best. He actually loves the game, loves the people watching him and loves doing crazy shit to get reactions. For that we all love him.

Now he's going blue bbq against Protoss, hell yeah!

Aww shit, I come back from a nice relaxing trip to see the girlfriend in Chicago, and Yoshichan is trying to piss people off with his Starcraft love. Keep zlatko out of here!

hamchan said:
Slayers Dragon is the best. He actually loves the game, loves the people watching him and loves doing crazy shit to get reactions. For that we all love him.

Would be cool to see him in code A.

Holden

AdventureRacing said:
Would be cool to see him in code A.

its not by trolling NA ladder that will make him go in code A :eek:

there is a reason why ppl who stream alot ( destiny, dragon, rainbow, etc) don't do good in tournamants

Hugoboss21 said:

there is a reason why ppl who stream alot ( destiny, dragon, rainbow, etc) don't do good in tournamants

Destiny is an average one dimensional player whose not on a team, streaming isn't his problem (i would actually like to see him prove me wrong and do good). Rainbow is also an average player and has struggled massively since long before he started streaming.

I'm sure if dragon is on slayers he must get a decent amount of training. I don't mind him streaming but trolling platinum players on the NA ladder is obviously not going to get him too far.

Holden

AdventureRacing said:
Destiny is an average one dimensional player whose not on a team, streaming isn't his problem (i would actually like to see him prove me wrong and do good). Rainbow is also an average player and has struggled massively since long before he started streaming.

I'm sure if dragon is on slayers he must get a decent amount of training. I don't mind him streaming but trolling platinum players on the NA ladder is obviously not going to get him too far.

decent amount of training... every time i check who's streaming, he's always streaming

rainbow could do good, he was a good BW player but he doesn't relly give a fuck about sc2 apparently

Q8D3vil

from liquidpedia
Dragon was originally a member of the clan WeRRa. Three weeks after the clan's dissolution in October 2010, Dragon (under the name "Jys") qualified for the round of 64 in season three of the GSL, showing remarkable play against season 2 winner NesTea. He was picked up for the SlayerS team shortly thereafter, along with former WeRRa teammate Cella.

BoxeR mentioned practicing with Dragon to improve his TvT in a GSL Season 2 interview, before Dragon, then playing under the id Seo Yeon Ji, finished his public service duties.[2]

Dragon does not currently live in the SlayerS team house due to work commitments.
he seem to have some other commitment stopping him from actually trying to qualify for code a.
and yeah, trolling plat won't lead you anywhere obviously.

ACE 1991

So what's the best way to counter the Terran bio-ball build? I keep getting outmassed while 4 gating. This could just be because I suck.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Awesome Animals said:
Aww shit, I come back from a nice relaxing trip to see the girlfriend in Chicago, and Yoshichan is trying to piss people off with his Starcraft love. Keep zlatko out of here!
I've missed you ;_;

How long were you gone?!

Q8D3vil

ACE 1991 said:
So what's the best way to counter the Terran bio-ball build? I keep getting outmassed while 4 gating. This could just be because I suck.
coloss is pretty good if you are in lower leagues (gold and below) and HT is pretty good if you are in the upper leagues (plat and beyond).

ElyrionX

Ok guys, I'm having a strange problem. When I send friend requests via my friends' battle.net emails, they don't receive my requests. When they send me a request, I don't receive them either. Any idea what's going on?

hamchan

When did Dragon start streaming a lot; wasn't it only recently?

AdventureRacing said:

Dragon doesn't live and train with the rest of the team. I'm sure if he did he would be good enough to get into Code A at least.

BigAT

ElyrionX said:
Ok guys, I'm having a strange problem. When I send friend requests via my friends' battle.net emails, they don't receive my requests. When they send me a request, I don't receive them either. Any idea what's going on?
Your friends hate you but haven't had the decency to tell you to your face. They are ignoring your requests and only pretending to send you invites while they mock you behind your back and sarcastically say things like, "Oh gee, I guess the friend request tech must be broken".

Dooraven

ACE 1991 said:

Don't 4 gate a terran.

Anyway you need AoE. Stick with colossi, HTs are bit too micro intensive and risky for people who are not Diamond/Masters or above

Keikaku

ACE 1991 said:

I wouldn't 4-gate out side of PvP. I switched from Zerg-Terran and even though I'm just in Silver (Rank #1, yay!), I can't remember a 4-Gate ever working against me. 4-gate in PvZ is usually a free win for the Zerg too.

Terran-GAF, what do you say? Do you still get 4-Gate-ed?

ACE 1991

Dooraven said:
Don't 4 gate a terran.

Anyway you need AoE. Stick with colossi, HTs are bit too micro intensive and risky for people who are not Diamond/Masters or above

What colossi-focused build would you recommend?

ACE 1991 said:
Same as its always been. Colossi, something like 2 gate robo into expo into 6 gates.

Keikaku

NeoGAF Summer Invitational Update

Ro4 Matches
  • Moemoland vs. Vaporak
  • Wedge7 vs. Pandaman

You have a week to play these matches.

Ideally I'd love it if you guys could play them during GAF Night this week (6PM PST/9PM EST on Wednesday, 8/24) so that the matches can be streamed.

Tntnnbltn

ElyrionX said:
Your game is a different region to theirs.

Holden

Q8D3vil said:
damn 111 is not working in the ladder, everyone is expecting it.

makes sense, when ppl expect a build its not that hard to counter but you get relly punished if you expect the wrong build

aka its a coinflip

if i was laddering id prob just 16 nexus into archon and get auto wins t.t. but 16 nexus basicly gets raped by everything else

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
SCII BOOT CAMP AT MY PLACE. RIGHT NOW.

LET'S GO.

(video coming up in a couple of minutes)

Q8D3vil

makes sense, when ppl expect a build its not that hard to counter but you get relly punished if you expect the wrong build

aka its a coinflip

if i was laddering id prob just 16 nexus into archon and get auto wins t.t. but 16 nexus basicly gets raped by everything else
dunno, the protoss i played did moves to stop it like flanking with 6 zealots from behind while attacking with immortal from the front. pretty good ideas to counter this build.

if the terran is good he can hit a timing with like 8 marines and 1 tank to punish 16 nexus.

Holden

Q8D3vil said:
dunno, the protoss i played did moves to stop it like flanking with 6 zealots from behind while attacking with immortal from the front. pretty good ideas to counter this build.

if the terran is good he can hit a timing with like 8 marines and 1 tank to punish 16 nexus.

ya
thats why i said its a coin flip

I got some weird builds on the ladder yesterday; a 1 base reaper all in, a Protoss who massed voidrays and zealots with a hidden expo, and a 3 raxer who didn't wall in. It was like being back in bronze.

Rubashov

Watching deezer on pro streams is like watching people play Dan in SF4 streams. They're just trolling for attention and it gets old fast.

yAgYg.jpg

Ad taken out in the Wall Street Journal

Holden

nilbog21 said:
uh what. huk and idra stream a lot?

idra and huk prob stream 2-4 hours of ladder, if they stream.... they don't stream everyday

other then destiny who streams his whole sc2 day, every day. not sure about rainbow but he stream alot more then idra and huk do

and ppl like rainbow, and dragon i wonder what they do on NA ladder, its just counter productive in themself, i guess it makes fans....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom