• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striek

hamchan said:
Yep, marines + tanks + raven + banshee is the Tasteless build. Pretty awesome how it's owning everyone now.
Its funny but I can't recall a time when it didn't win the majority of times in pro matches. I wonder why it ever fell out of fashion for a few months.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
currently ro64 in the playhem masters/grand masters 256 man tourney.

:3

beat a guy who claimed to be a korean grandmaster.

jasonng

Pandaman said:
currently ro64 in the playhem masters/grand masters 256 man tourney.

:3

beat a guy who claimed to be a korean grandmaster.
Twilight-clap.gif

Vaporak

Striek said:
Its funny but I can't recall a time when it didn't win the majority of times in pro matches. I wonder why it ever fell out of fashion for a few months.

It used to not be a safe build. The Tasteless Build grew up in the early days of heavy 1 basing, and at the time either a hard 4 gate or a 3 gate voidray all in both beat it. Since then though both the 4 gate and the voidray all in have been nerfed; and someone realized that doing so made the Tasteless Build a safe opening. No one has ever really figured out how to stop the push since it first showed up back in beta, they just found ways to kill it before the push happened.

The BW scene is in terminal decline =(

Well not really- there are hopes definitely still alive given the news about the Proleague Finals viewership- but it feels like its drawing down.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
FieryBalrog said:

It was bound to happen eventually :(.

Hopefully, some of the bonjwas will come into SC2 and redefine the matchups.

Mairu

Moon going to a foreign team seems possible considering he seemed to go to more foreign tournaments than... GSL. It'll be interesting to see what happens with the BW team and Moon considering I wonder what he expects with his background of WC3 being what it is.

FieryBalrog said:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=257268
"10-11 Proleague Finals Match Ranks 1st in Viewership"

Still seems to bring in the viewers :p

Jeff-DSA

MrKnives said:
Terran says: Protoss & Zerg OP

Protoss says: Terran & Zerg OP

Zerg says: Terran & Protoss OP

Pick your club.

Terrans shouldn't be saying Protoss is OP. That's Terran's easiest matchup right now, I feel.

Moon going to EG would make sense. We'll see.

BW is still racking up impressive viewer numbers, and the sponsors, but it's on its way out the door. Hopefully this results in more players turning to SC2, and perhaps another league forming in the next year or two. I must say the elitism displayed in TL's BW thread on this topic is pathetic. The game has been around forever, and is winding down. It's inevitable. And if SC2 is as easy as they claim, their favorite BW players will be dominating it soon.

Well the fact that BW is mechanically much more demanding is undisputed. However, the game itself is as hard as it has always been. Managing resources, risk, reward, tech and engagements is just as hard now as it was then.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
mescalineeyes said:
Well the fact that BW is mechanically much more demanding is undisputed. However, the game itself is as hard as it has always been. Managing resources, risk, reward, tech and engagements is just as hard now as it was then.
really doesnt it make it better though, it just means the UI is ballz

-COOLIO- said:
really doesnt it make it better though, it just means the UI is ballz

Pretty much. The game is demanding due to archaic RTS design. That's not to knock BW, I had fun with it for years, but you couldn't expect Blizzard to ignore more than a decade of evolution within the genre.

SC2's pro scene continues to get better, and things will continue to improve.

cdyhybrid

How was Yellow towards the end of his BW career compared to the likes of Flash/Jaedong/etc.? Was he like Nada is now, supremely skilled but never quite got to win a championship (although I think Nada will eventually win a GSL or MLG or something)? Because if he was merely coasting along and unable to crack the ceiling of Flash and Co., and he starts dominating in GSL, then when the elite BW pros switch games shit is gonna get real. Project A is more interesting to me than the actual GSL right now (except for the MVP/Nestea series :D).

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Yellow hasnt done much lately. But he was in the military recently too so his practice is out of shape. No where near the tier of Jaedong/Flash/etc.

Vaporak

mescalineeyes said:
but it is a fact that that makes the game harder, no?

Depends on what level of play you're talking about. The limiting factor on getting better in BW for a lot of pro's isn't mechanics imo.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My God :lol that's actually hilarious as hell

New wallpaper!

Q8D3vil

-COOLIO- said:
true, but not in a good way

getting glopped and tentacled by infestors
it doesn't works on all maps but containing zerg with siege tanks and bunkers seems to be a good strategy against infestors.

MrKnives

Loud commercials that can't be muted even though you had the stream on mute is making me rage. I'll probably just stop watching streams all together.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
MrKnives said:
Loud commercials that can't be muted even though you had the stream on mute is making me rage. I'll probably just stop watching streams all together.

Reddit agrees with you.

And since the JTV people read SCReddit, this will probably be resolved soon.

hamchan

I watch SlayersDragon every day now :3

What a wonderful player he is.

Also Yellow is now in Masters and called SlayersYellow, which is pretty damn awesome.

Yoshichan

I want to marry S_Dragon

How old is he?

Yoshichan

I'm not breaking up shit ;o FoxeRs just been busy lately, I don't want to be in his way of winning and proceeding on to Code S!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom