• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly

Watching the Anaheim teaser just reminds me that I didn't get to watch it live and I'm damn lazy to watch all the VODs.

As a viewer, what was more enjoyable/entertaining: Anaheim or Columbus?

Holden

mass nukes on idra stream adding a good bonus to his dubstep loooool

and he just leaves before the fight is even close to happen loooool

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
FieryBalrog said:
Hahahahaha

Where were you 2 years ago, Razor? Where?
you're asking why a pc peripheral company wasn't undertaking large marketing campaigns in the middle of the financial crisis?

Hiyo GAF. I'd be interested in joining up in GAF nights. I'm a high gold-low plat toss trying to move up the ladder and make it to master's one day. SC2 was my first RTS and its been a really fun one. If any other gold/plat wanna add me as a practice buddy that'd be cool, I always play standard. looking forward to it, glhf gg

Omeze.445

a176

Banned
kiruyama said:
Hiyo GAF. I'd be interested in joining up in GAF nights. I'm a high gold-low plat toss trying to move up the ladder and make it to master's one day. SC2 was my first RTS and its been a really fun one. If any other gold/plat wanna add me as a practice buddy that'd be cool, I always play standard. looking forward to it, glhf gg

Omeze.445

omg a TOSS !

MrKnives

kiruyama said:

Omeze.445

Now the most important question anyone can ask you. EU or NA?

Oh, forgot that bit, I'm on NA.

Idk if that toss comment is sarcastic or not, lol. I started out in bronze as toss then switched to terran and just blue flame hellion dropped my way to gold, then I switched to zerg and sucked at pretty much everything which knocked me to silver in season 3. Then I looked up some standard play styles and switched back to toss and I'm moving up at a nice pace. :)

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
kiruyama said:
Oh, forgot that bit, I'm on NA.

Idk if that toss comment is sarcastic or not, lol. I started out in bronze as toss then switched to terran and just blue flame hellion dropped my way to gold, then I switched to zerg and sucked at pretty much everything which knocked me to silver in season 3. Then I looked up some standard play styles and switched back to toss and I'm moving up at a nice pace. :)
we don't have many active toss...ers on gaf.

WedgeX

Banned
Came across such a salty toss today.

So of course I beat him.

Oddly enough, this was the only toss I've beaten in a game that didn't end at the 9min mark.

Had some decent micro at the beginning, I think. Not so great macro at that point, however.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
doing a playhem tourney again and won my first round again :D

playhem does tourneys for gold-plat, dia, masters-grandmasters so gaf should join a few of them! they have them almost every day.

Ecto311

Pandaman said:
doing a playhem tourney again and won my first round again :D

playhem does tourneys for gold-plat, dia, masters-grandmasters so gaf should join a few of them! they have them almost every day.

I never heard of it before - looking into it now.

How does this work - does the site set it up or do other players challenge you? Can you lose points that you get toward things?

Looks really awesome so far.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ecto311 said:
I never heard of it before - looking into it now.

How does this work - does the site set it up or do other players challenge you? Can you lose points that you get toward things?

Looks really awesome so far.
for tournaments, the site sets it up.
for head to head, you pick your opponents.

WedgeX

Banned
Who is hyped for GAF Night?

I am hyped for GAF Night.

wtf.gif

mcrae

my friends's gf's friend's bf's friend came camping with us this weekend, and turns out he was gm on NA for a couple months untill he got bored and quit. said he played against select, artosis, idra, etc. select and artosis were meh but idra always beat him, lol.

we didnt talk sc at all after the short 5 minute convo we had though. probably should've picked his brain a little.

zargle

mcrae said:
my friends's gf's friend's bf's friend came camping with us this weekend, and turns out he was gm on NA for a couple months untill he got bored and quit. said he played against select, artosis, idra, etc. select and artosis were meh but idra always beat him, lol.

we didnt talk sc at all after the short 5 minute convo we had though. probably should've picked his brain a little.

Im pretty sure this person doesn't exist.

mcrae

867-5309 said:
Im pretty sure this person doesn't exist.

lol.. im best friends with the first two, friends with the next one, and friendly with her bf... just thought it was funnier to string it out that way.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Hilarious game on Destiny's stream right now.

Edit: Over now but that was a great game. Over 30 infestors lol.

mcrae

Pancakes said:
Hilarious game on Destiny's stream right now.

Edit: Over now but that was a great game. Over 30 infestors lol.

why was it hilarious?

edit: nvm, he just went through the replay on his stream. something like 20k units lost vs 7k, lol. 200/200 vs a 130 turned out into destinys favour with like 145 vs 150 afterwards

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
mcrae said:
why was it hilarious?

Because Destiny basically got hit by an all-in at the beginning and was severely behind the entire game. He lost his main hatch twice and both his roach warren +spawning pool. However, the Korean zerg had no idea how to play late game ZvZ and Destiny basically runs circles around him using only infestors and bro-festor drops. The Korean zerg eventually had 9 Ultralisks that just got massacred by infested marines.

It was a pretty funny comeback.

Pancakes

Hugoboss21 said:
BECAUSE LOLFESTORS

Pretty much.

The other Zerg had more infestors than Destiny but his control was terrible.

mcrae

so, destiny's stream has 2 million views. each commercial he gets 2 cents. does that mean he has earned, at minimum, $40,000 ?

Corran Horn said:
I think somewhere he said he gets like 2-3k a month from his stream?
Yea, + 1.5K for lessons. That's pretty insane, he's basically making what most of my friends who are graduated from college and working make, by doing something he loves with videogames.

Yea, dude is raking in cash without sponsors. Hopefully he gets better at LAN tournaments to prove himself to teams. As I said at TL, he's basically better than half of EG

Sblargh

Banned
Quick question. Where do you people steal your build orders from? Just experience and watching streams or do you read stuff/watch replays?
If read stuff/watch replays; where do you get them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom