• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keikaku

My thoughts:

ShallNoiseUpon said:
General
Unit vision up ramps has been reduced by 1.
Interesting. Need to play a few games to see what impact this will have.

PROTOSS
Immortal
Attack range increased from 5 to 6.
Needed buff, good that it's in there.

Mothership
Acceleration increased from 0.3 to 1.375.
The Mothership’s Cloaking Field no longer cloaks all units instantaneously, but rather adds units to the cloak field over time (maximum of 25 per second). This should alleviate “Mothership Lag” issue when a Mothership comes online.
Speed is needed, glad that this is here though.

Stalker
Blink research time increased from 110 to 140.
Needed nerf, good that it's in there.

Warp Prism
Shields increased from 40 to 100.
Say no more about this Holden :p

TERRAN
Barracks
Build time increased from 60 to 65.
Why was this needed? It's not mass rax strategies are super effective or widespread right now

Hellion
Infernal Pre-Igniter damage upgrade decreased from 10 to 5.
No more lining 'em up :(

Raven
Seeker missile movement speed increased from 2.5 to 2.953.
Boxer vs. Rain was the only reason this exists and I'm happy :D

ZERG
Infestor
Fungal Growth damage changed from 36 (+30% armored) to 30 (40 vs Armored).
Destiny, are you OK? LET US KNOW IF YOU'RE OK

Overseer
Morph cost decreased from 50/100 to 50/50.
Contaminate energy cost increased from 75 to 125.
Morph cost change is good. Last time I saw Contaminate's used to any great effect was Idra vs. Zenio, so I don't know why this was needed.

Ultralisk
Build time decreased from 70 to 55.
PXnNL.jpg

Something that will help at tournaments:
Game Options
Added three privacy settings to the Options menu under the Battle.net section.
Only allow friends to send me invites.
Only allow friends to send me chat messages.
Set status to Busy when playing a game.

Full patch notes: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/1213111662

There were a couple of really cool fixes outside of balance:
Repeated control group and selection commands will no longer count as unique actions for APM calculation purposes.
Fixed an issue where units would seem to pop when travelling along cliffs.
Sentry Guardian Shield now correctly reduces damage from Hellion, Void ray, and Colossus attacks as well as the Siege Tank’s sieged attack.
SCVs can no longer repair themselves while inside a Bunker or Medivac.
Baneling's Attack Structure ability is now a toggle to Enable/Disable Attack Structure. The toggle will determine whether structures are valid targets for auto-attack. This change fixes an issue which caused Banelings to prioritize buildings over hostile unit
Attack upgrades are now retained by units controlled by Neural Parasite. WTH!! How was this not always the case?!?
If a unit provides power, that power is temporarily transferred to a player using Neural Parasite.

Mairu

PTR notes are pretty crazy. This seems like their biggest balance patch in a long while, it'll be interesting to see how much of it makes it to live.

Vaporak

People are probably going to say the immortal buff is good, but it's not going to change much at all except for the bad 1a peeps that let them get stuck behind stalkers.

Keikaku

Vaporak said:
People are probably going to say the immortal buff is good, but it's not going to change much at all except for the bad 1a peeps that let them get stuck behind stalkers.

Combined with the vision up ramp nerf, it may help in holding off a 1/1/1 all-in. Not completely sure as I don't main Protoss, but that's how I read it.

Vaporak

Keikaku said:
Combined with the vision up ramp nerf, it may help in holding off a 1/1/1 all-in. Not completely sure as I don't main Protoss, but that's how I read it.

I actually figured the vision up ramp nerf is blizzard yet again trying to "fix" PvP. It won't really have any effect on the 1/1/1 as it comes with flying units.

Immortals deserve a proper buff and not a one increase in range. They are too expensive and take too long to build and even in situations where they should be perfect (like terran getting tanks) they are barely worth building.

Also if they want to make motherships more usable they should make it immune to neural parasite. I think it's silly that you can do that to a mothership.

I'm not sure that blue flames really needed that nerf either, they should have waited a bit longer before making such a drastic change.

Why the hell would they nerf contaminate? Is it because now that overseers are cheaper they think it will become OP? I think it could have been an interesting and different tactic but i guess we won't get a chance to find out.

Pandaman said:

I was making a sarcastic comment about all the times zerg players were told that they just had to build more nydus to fix any balance problems.

Striek

Vaporak said:
Uhhh immortals can now range out marines and don't have to move as far to start attacking tanks/thors etc. Its pretty big and necessary.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
PhoenixDark said:
Even I kind of think the Hellion nerf might be too much. Why not take it to 7 instead of a 50% decrease
+7 still two shots workers.
This way you need +1 mech weapons to two shot workers, making it more of a strategy to use later in the game like +2 or +3 melee banelings.

Jeff-DSA

Hazaro said:
+7 still two shots workers.
This way you need +1 mech weapons to two shot workers, making it more of a strategy to use later in the game like +2 or +3 melee banelings.

This is sooooo stupid. What's going to stop Zerg from getting a free 2nd base now? Combined with slower Barracks, Terran is going to have a harder time keeping up with macro against Zerg. Early pressure against Zerg is going to highly affected here.

Infestors DID NOT NEED A DAMAGE NERF! They needed to remove the root effect, not reduce the damage.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Jeff-DSA said:
This is sooooo stupid. What's going to stop Zerg from getting a free 2nd base now? Combined with slower Barracks, Terran is going to have a harder time keeping up with macro against Zerg. Early pressure against Zerg is going to highly affected here.

Infestors DID NOT NEED A DAMAGE NERF! They needed to remove the root effect, not reduce the damage.
what terrans call a 'free second base' everyone else calls a 'mandatory second base'.

you're not supposed to have a hard counter to 15 hatch.
every time you find one, it will be nerfed.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Pandaman said:
what terrans call a 'free second base' everyone else calls a 'mandatory second base'.

Orbital should be able to be teched to from having 2 Command Centers so 14/15CC is viable.

Jeff-DSA

Pandaman said:

There's no hard counter to 15 hatch. There's pressuring it, but there's no hard counter. You guys always say, "don't let Zerg macro up." Well yeah, that's going to get harder.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Jeff-DSA said:
There's no hard counter to 15 hatch. There's pressuring it, but there's no hard counter. You guys always say, "don't let Zerg macro up." Well yeah, that's going to get harder.
good. it should be harder.

needing to harass doesn't mean you deserve super powerful harassment units.

twofold

Jeff-DSA said:

Are you still in Gold? Or in Platinum now?

These changes won't make a difference to you at all. I don't understand why you're getting so bent out of shape about them.

Won

Seeker missle buff? I think I'm still asleep. No way I'm not dreaming.

And after over a year they finally found time to fix the mothership lag? Wow.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Jeff-DSA said:

they didnt nerf infestors, it sounds like a buff to me

i cant believe they buffed fucking infestors

edit: nvm thats a nerf : )

so that's 47 vs armored to 42?

but i agree, the damage wasnt the issue, the root effect made it a counter to everything

Karl2177

I still don't like Fungal. I had an idea the other day to make Fungal freeze for one second, then the units go up to their original speed over the rest of the Fungal time. Thoughts on that?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Karl2177 said:
I still don't like Fungal. I had an idea the other day to make Fungal freeze for one second, then the units go up to their original speed over the rest of the Fungal time. Thoughts on that?
i like it

Won

Karl2177 said:

Too much work to implement.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
cdyhybrid said:
It isn't though. Bunker rushes, etc.
4 drones easily hold off bunker rushes, even before the bunker build time was nerfed, and 5 seconds to the barracks build time is another nerf to the bunker rush

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
the blue flame nerf does suck though, its a terrans only answer to massssss zergling map control. they really should have cut back the price on it too at least, i mean nobody thought blue flame was broken and they just HALVED it's effectiveness, who's going to use it now?

cdyhybrid

-COOLIO- said:
4 drones easily hold off bunker rushes, even before the bunker build time was nerfed, and 5 seconds to the barracks build time is another nerf to the bunker rush

You're assuming he's sending one SCV down to build the bunker.

Dooraven

Hey guys, remember how I said that the Warp Prism was a paper plane and Panda how I said that they should buff the speed of the HSM?

Thanks Blizzard :)

Also this will Change PvP quite a lot, Robo is going to be much more feasible now.

PhoenixDark said:
Even I kind of think the Hellion nerf might be too much. Why not take it to 7 instead of a 50% decrease
Almost certainly because of the way the numbers work out to increase the number of shots a hellion takes to kill things.

For example without vehicle weapon upgrades the Hellion does 14 damage to light without blue flames and 24 damage with blue flames. This will 2 shot all workers in the game.

With the nerf it will do 19 with blue flame and require 3 shots for all workers in the game (with a +1 vehicles it will 2 shot drones and probes). Thats huge. If it was 7 instead of 5, 21 damage would 2 shot drones and probes. With a +2 vehicle weapons it would 2 shot SCVs as well.

That's the sort of "critical shot number" stuff that Blizz usually uses to change these variables.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
-COOLIO- said:
the blue flame nerf does suck though, its a terrans only answer to massssss zergling map control. they really should have cut back the price on it too at least, i mean nobody thought blue flame was broken and they just HALVED it's effectiveness, who's going to use it now?
It kills lings in 2 hits, not workers.
+1 kills both in two shots

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Hazaro said:
It kills lings in 2 hits, not workers.
+1 kills both in two shots

yknow what, true enough.

sall good. i used to use them to counter hyrdas too but thats not as big a thang

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
-COOLIO- said:
yknow what, true enough.

sall good. i used to use them to counter hyrdas too but thats not as big a thang
Everything else Terran has counters Hydra better.
This more suits the role of the hellion and doesn't give it a ton of extra damage vs zealots and sentries

Dooraven

Fixed an issue where Colossus thermal lance beams would track a unit much further than the range of the weapon.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I loved seeing those wonky Colossus beams after a blink.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Hazaro said:
Everything else Terran has counters Hydra better.
This more suits the role of the hellion and doesn't give it a ton of extra damage vs zealots and sentries
personally, i found mass blue flame to be the strongest terran counter to mass hyrda by far

I'm especially excited to see how PvP will change from this patch. Immortal range increase, decreased vision and blink research time nerf... I'm loving it. Hopefully this will diversify the worst mirror matchup.

Dooraven

-COOLIO- said:
personally, i found mass blue flame to be the strongest terran counter to mass hyrda by far

It is but now Seekers have been buffed that they're faster than Hydras off creep so they should be an awesome tool.

MrKnives

-COOLIO- said:

Are we seriously worrying about countering HYDRAS as terran? I mean come on, what doesn't counter hydras? Don't make mass vikings and you're fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom