• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
infestors bling is the dumbest fucking combo in the fucking game

holy shit what were they thinking? stunlock AND highest dps in the game? Get a grip, blizzard. I'm quitting until 1.4, what a bunch of incompetent fools

back to that other Blizzard game that actually works atm

zoukka

Keikaku said:
Infestor's are good against Tanks, Templars and Colossi? Amazing.

Err... yes?

Also good against other infestors. Reality implosion.

EDIT: Yoshi where do you need banelings?

Keikaku

Yoshichan said:
infestors bling is the dumbest fucking unit in the fucking game

holy shit what were they thinking? stunlock AND highest dps in the game? Get a grip, blizzard. I'm quitting until 1.4, what a bunch of incompetent fools

back to that other Blizzard game that actually works atm
World of Warcraft it is.

Keikaku

zoukka said:
Err... yes?

Also good against other infestors. Reality implosion.
Man, you should have told Bomber when he played against DRG. He wouldn't have made tanks then.

All of those units you listed have equal range to the Infestor with splash damage or, in the case the HT also have the ability to deprive the Infestor of energy. So, I'm not sure where you're coming from.

But hyperbole is fun, so I'll step out of the way.

Do you guys just wait until he masses infestors and you're helpless?

Seriously? How much fucking health do Colossi and tanks have compared to infestors?

Keikaku

Here, have a Zenex puppy:

DW9w9.jpg

Q8D3vil

Keikaku said:
DOUBLE EDIT: @Devil: I can agree with that. But once you have the Ghosts out . . . . :D
my only problem is that i don't have the confidence to attack the zerg when they have infestors, they can easily get tons of bases and laugh at you and its harder to punish that even with multi drops.

zoukka

Keikaku said:
Man, you should have told Bomber when he played against DRG. He wouldn't have made tanks then.

All of those units you listed have equal range to the Infestor with splash damage or, in the case the HT also have the ability to deprive the Infestor of energy. So, I'm not sure where you're coming from.

But hyperbole is fun, so I'll step out of the way.

Laughs and Templars aside, you really do want Infestors in any composition as zerg. The utility is just balls out crazy. From IM bombs against Tanks and neurals against Colossi (and tanks) it's just crazy how powerful the unit is.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Q8D3vil said:
my only problem is that i don't have the confidence to attack the zerg when they have infestors, they can easily get tons of bases and laugh at you and its harder to punish that even with multi drops.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Keikaku said:
Infestor's are good against Tanks, Templars and Colossi? Amazing.
infestors fuck tanks up, borrow and infested marine them so they siege each other OR glop them while theyre moving so they cant siege and run in with lings OR glop them while theyre sieged ~3 times and just kill them OR mind control them

Q8D3vil

-COOLIO- said:
infestors fuck tanks up, borrow and infested marine them so they siege each other OR glop them while theyre moving so they cant siege and run in with lings OR glop them while theyre sieged ~3 times and just kill them OR mind control them
zerg pro's just started using infested marine so they will nerfed in the next 2/3 month's

V_Arnold

Q8D3vil said:
i need to get 3 bases running until i can get ghosts :/
but yeah emps are good if you have the money for ghost.
best answer so far is 2 base tanks into 3 base ghost ( 2 or 3 are good ).

No, you do not. 2base ghost is sustainable if you do not wanna mass them up.

Jeff-DSA

Minor, non-specific GSTL spoilers:

The GSTL has devolved into watching a team lose a match or two, send out their best Zerg, and watch them all kill the other team. It's getting lame. When is the last time a series went 6 or 7 games?

Is this just a case of not seeing the best players get in there on a regular basis?

Q8D3vil

Jeff-DSA said:

The GSTL has devolved into watching a team lose a match or two, send out their best Zerg, and watch them all kill the other team. It's getting lame. When is the last time a series went 6 or 7 games?

Is this just a case of not seeing the best players get in there on a regular basis?
i don't even understand the purpose of this post -_-

V_Arnold

Q8D3vil said:
then you won't have good 3rd base timing and you will be behind in eco.

Or to be more precise, you wont have your usual 3rd base timings and will have to work on new ones that fit.

...or you can wait until some GSL pro does it regularly, and figure it out, THEN claim it is good :)

Keikaku

Jeff-DSA said:

oGs vs. F.United went 6 games.

MAJOR SPOILER
DRG was sent out against Clide and lost. Best Zerg in the GSTL against the Best Terran to Never Win a GSL and he still lost ;)

EDIT: Additionally, I can think of 3 Zerg players who have had matches where they closed out the other team. DRG was 10-0 but he's an outlier. The only other two I remember was Losira, who did it once, and Line. That's not a lot of games out of the whole GSTL and certainly not enough to say that the whole of the GSTL has "devolved" into a certain state . . .

Q8D3vil

V_Arnold said:
Or to be more precise, you wont have your usual 3rd base timings and will have to work on new ones that fit.

...or you can wait until some GSL pro does it regularly, and figure it out, THEN claim it is good :)

wanna bet that no gsl pro will do 2 base ghost against zerg in the coming gsl ?

Jeff-DSA

Q8D3vil said:
i don't even understand the purpose of this post -_-

I just finished watching another GSTL match...so I was thinking about it. This season has been relatively predictable. Yeah, there are some aberrations, but it seems to hold to fall into similar patterns all the time.

Keikaku

Jeff-DSA said:
I just finished watching another GSTL match...so I was thinking about it. This season has been relatively predictable. Yeah, there are some aberrations, but it seems to hold to fall into similar patterns all the time.
In addition to the 3 I listed above, Seal had a closing 3-kill against Zenex. So, 4 matches out of 29. Yes, there's clearly a pattern here of Zerg's killing everybody . . .

Dooraven

You're going to see much better games in the playoffs to be honest. Still wish theWind didn't go retarded and oGs-TL was still in the competition.

Jeff-DSA

Keikaku said:
In addition to the 3 I listed above, Seal had a closing 3-kill against Zenex. So, 4 matches out of 29. Yes, there's clearly a pattern here of Zerg's killing everybody . . .

I'm sure there's more, or at least more instances where they're smacking down 3 opponents, but not necessarily closing out at that point. I figured it was mostly because the best guys left in the GSL matches aren't playing much in the GSTL so those strong Zergs are going unchecked. But I guess that still leaves plenty of Protoss options...

Keikaku

Jeff-DSA said:
I'm sure there's more, or at least more instances where they're smacking down 3 opponents, but not necessarily closing out at that point. I figured it was mostly because the best guys left in the GSL matches aren't playing much in the GSTL so those strong Zergs are going unchecked. But I guess that still leaves plenty of Protoss options...
I just counted it on the GomTV website and checked the records. So far as I can see, Zerg closed out or had 3 kills in, at most, 7 matches. Still not a lot.

Jeff-DSA

Keikaku said:
I just counted it on the GomTV website and checked the records. So far as I can see, Zerg closed out or had 3 kills in, at most, 7 matches. Still not a lot.

Is there a way to see race win stats? I'd like to see how Protoss is faring in the GSTL. It seems...awful.

Keikaku

Jeff-DSA said:
Is there a way to see race win stats? I'd like to see how Protoss is faring in the GSTL. It seems...awful.
Here you go: http://www.gomtv.net/records/index.gom

46.6% match win percentage, 46.5 set win percentage for Protoss. A little higher for Terran and much higher for Zerg (58%).

A quick recount shows that Zerg have won or closed out 9 matches, not 7. Forgot entirely about BboongBboong and Revival. Sorry about that. That's still 1/3 of the matches, so it's right on the money :)

Q8D3vil

Keikaku said:
Here you go: http://www.gomtv.net/records/index.gom

46.6% match win percentage, 46.5 set win percentage for Protoss. A little higher for Terran and much higher for Zerg (58%).

A quick recount shows that Zerg have won or closed out 9 matches, not 7. Forgot entirely about BboongBboong and Revival. Sorry about that. That's still 1/3 of the matches, so it's right on the money :)
meh, win ratio doesn't matter in gstl since all of the coaches are retarded (including cella) when it comes to making decisions.

Keikaku

Q8D3vil said:
meh, win ratio doesn't matter in gstl since all of the coaches are retarded (including cella) when it comes to making decisions.
TSL coach is really good, I think. The NSHoseo coach also makes a lot of good calls too.

zoukka

I just got a gg from a Terran who was 3 base, I was 4. I had not done any economical damage, just crushed his MMM pushes with ling+infestor... he still had all the tools to win.

Infestors serious business.

Zen

Banned
Remember, the TLOpen registrations have started, sign up and bead Idra for the luls.

If you do sign up, remember:

Please visit the TeamLiquid Tournament Management System on Sunday, Sep 04 12:30am KST to confirm you are online and ready to play. If you do not check in by Sunday, Sep 04 1:15am KST you will forfeit your place in this tournament and be replaced by another player.

http://www.teamliquid.net/tournaments/admin/?action=view&id=2212

fanboi

Banned
Jeff-DSA said:
I can't ladder 4 hours a day, sorry. I get maybe, MAYBE 2 hours if I stay up real late. Having a kid, a wife, and job that often has me doing work late, I get 1 or 2 matches in a day at best. Rare nights I get to play 4-5. Not only that, I play more 2v2s than anything since when I do play I prefer to play with my friend. I could easily get up and out of Gold with more time.

And I think you guys missed what I was saying earlier. I said I've been losing to a composition issue. Infestors are the common element in the composition issue. In a composition, Infestors are indeed the counter to everything. They're powerful against mech, bio, and air. I can't think of any other unit that is even remotely as versatile when given some basic support around it.

I can do it!

Wife, 2 kids, house, work!

:D
Dem kids no food get

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Jeff-DSA said:
So you're saying that I can win by going straight MMM even if my opponent is going Zergling/Baneling and transitions into Zergling/Infestor if I simply macro better? That's the claim? I just don't buy that. I thought I had to get Ghosts out, now I'm hearing I just need to beat them on the macro game.

What is it, GAF, because if it's honestly one or the other, I can focus on that. I don't see any compelling reasons to believe it's only macro, however.
733Wo.jpg

n1QS6.jpg

Top 500 terran globally, one rax reaper expand into 4rax reactor/1rax tech w/ stim.

So yes, for especially you in gold league you can win every game with any composition by just macroing better. don't you remember the time destiny went through the lower brackets with pure mass queen?

Holden

i see that ur playing vs some protoss "huntz" and he seems to fast expand w/ forge and your not double expoing..?

kinda confused here

oh and about puzzle going to slayers, slayers seriously needs to stop taking players... they have 27 players, which allmost doubles the 2nd biggest team that is IM With 15 players...

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hugoboss21 said:
i see that ur playing vs some protoss "huntz" and he seems to fast expand w/ forge and your not double expoing..?

kinda confused here
i've been herping and derping in zvp lately.

'well i have this strategy that works.... lets try something completely different!'

Holden

Pandaman said:
i've been herping and derping in zvp lately.

'well i have this strategy that works.... lets try something completely different!'

more like you haven't been training with me...amirite?

PhoenixDark said:
Is it true Yellow is in masters league already?

master league isn't that hard to get when ur pretty much a legend in bw.

Yoshichan

PhoenixDark said:
Is it true Yellow is in masters league already?
not special at all.

Flash would reach GM in a matter of seconds

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
733Wo

http://i.imgur.com/n1QS6.jpgG]

Top 500 terran globally, one rax reaper expand into 4rax reactor/1rax tech w/ stim.

So yes, for especially you in gold league you can win every game with any composition by just macroing better. don't you remember the time destiny went through the lower brackets with pure mass queen?[/QUOTE]
are you trying to stop it without baneling or what ?

Yoshichan

Kite? Terran stopped kiting when they found out infestors deny everything that has to do with micro. I love spells that stuns in RTS (which is about micro/macro).

edit: or are we talking ZvP here

Holden

woah! i didn't know you can get infestors before 10 min !?!

its like saying you need infestors to deny the micro of an marine-scv allin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom