• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonng

Keikaku said:
I don't know what this commentator's name is, I just know that he's my least favorite caster. Horrible, horrible accent/voice/whatever you want to call it. Can't watch this at all.
He has a speech impediment and he doesn't seem to care so good on him. It was bothering me but now I'm used to it. He's a good play by play caster. And don't lie, you can think of worst casters.

Hugoboss21 said:
lol

Destiny is getting oblilerated by infested terrans Lol, FEEL THE PAIN DESTINY!

i guess he literally lost to infested terrans ;(
He lost because he went for a one base muta/ling all in. He was going for the unexpected and I think it would've worked if Golden didn't scout his spire at the last minute.

Vaporak

Striek said:
God I really wish there was a pro foreign BW scene T_T

Games look 100% more legitimate and awesome than SC2 flipfests.

I also wish Pro Broodwar had a foreign presence; just having some support for foreign casters for the Korean tournaments like GOM does would be so awesome.

Keikaku

jasonng said:
He has a speech impediment and he doesn't seem to care so good on him. It was bothering me but now I'm used to it. He's a good play by play caster. And don't lie, you can think of worst casters.
That's totally awesome that he casts with a speech impediment, but that doesn't mean I have to like his casting.

And, no, for me he's the worst. Husky get's really, really, stupidly fast when action happens but he wasn't so bad the rest of the time at MLG. He fed a lot of interesting questions to Day9.

jasonng

Keikaku said:
That's totally awesome that he casts with a speech impediment, but that doesn't mean I have to like his casting.

And, no, for me he's the worst. Husky get's really, really, stupidly fast when action happens but he wasn't so bad the rest of the time at MLG. He fed a lot of interesting questions to Day9.
I find kellymilkies far worst as her accent is so intrusive to what she is saying. She never really has anything smart to say and has zero compatibility with any other caster because she doesn't acknowledge their existence. I didn't even know she's now casting for LoL, I feel bad for that community.

His name is Nick Ippolito and he's quickly becoming one of my favorite casters now.

Haunted

Pandaman said:
constipated caster.
Keikaku said:
I don't know what this commentator's name is, I just know that he's my least favorite caster. Horrible, horrible accent/voice/whatever you want to call it. Can't watch this at all.
Don't hate on Ipp's speech impediment! He's a good and stand-up kind of guy.

He's the Elmer Fudd of SCII casters.

Keikaku

PhoenixDark said:
And BW wasn't a flipfest a year into its professional life? smh
What are you talking about? Starcraft: Brood War was perfectly balanced from the day it came out to now. Lo, when the Blizzard Gods put their name on the discs and sent them out to their adoring worshippers, they rested know that they had created the perfect game on day one.

Never mind that in Brood War you could, at various points in it's life:
  • exploit lag to gain extra resources by constructing and canceling construction of structures
  • crash your computer when a Zerg air unit died while under the influence of an arbiter's cloak
  • pay more for your units as Zerg in high lag games
  • stim Firebats and get no effect
  • bug out your drones to have invincibility
  • build off creep as Zerg
  • heal Marines with SCVs

Take off your nostalgia goggles, people. BW had it's shit days too and they were a lot worse. Waiting for patches was like looking for water in a desert, on foot, without a map.

Haunted said:
I never said that I hated him or his speech impediment. However, his speech impediment makes him a caster that I don't enjoy listening to. He may be a cool person to hang out with in real life and it's awesome that he gets to cast with said impediment, but that doesn't mean I'm obligated to enjoy it.

Striek

Stop getting those panties in a twist ladies.

I never said anything about BWs origins or SC2s future. I made a statement on the present reality of BW proscene vs. the present reality of SC2 proscene.

ksan

Striek said:

I never said anything about BWs origins or SC2s future. I made a statement on the present reality of BW proscene vs. the present reality of SC2 proscene.
QL/Q3 makes BW look like a flipfest, why don't you watch that?

or maybe you do!?

Haunted

Striek said:

Present reality my ass, SC2 rules and BW droolz!

fuck yeah hi fives all around

Keikaku

Striek said:

Yes, and I was making a point that yours was not an apt comparison. You're comparing a game which has been tweaked, patched and explored for 10+ years to a game that has 1 year to it's name. So, I don't know how you can make any sort of statement that makes sense.

Striek

Keikaku said:
Yes, and I was making a point that yours was not an apt comparison. You're comparing a game which has been tweaked, patched and explored for 10+ years to a game that has 1 year to it's name. So, I don't know how you can make any sort of statement that makes sense.
Because I'm just a spectator and they're both currently presented to me as sports. They're out there now side-by-side, in the marketplace, as it were. Pretty simple.

I think the SC2 pro scene is in a great place, and will only get better once people further master aspects of it. BW has been around for a decade, the game has literally been figured out. Just this year we've seen a host of changes in SC2, from 4 gate domination to 111 to Infestors etc. The best is yet to come.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
PhoenixDark said:
I think the SC2 pro scene is in a great place, and will only get better once people further master aspects of it. BW has been around for a decade, the game has literally been figured out. Just this year we've seen a host of changes in SC2, from 4 gate domination to 111 to Infestors etc. The best is yet to come.

QXC put it right in the wellplayed video that came out the other day

what a lot of people are deluding themselves about is that we've hit the skill ceiling.

people are like 'omg it's all too easy' and we're still all terrible at it.

there's always more to do in the game, and if you think that's not true then you are lying to yourself.

I know it's a bit of a different argument, but if you and watch the AI bots playing SC2, there is CLEARLY so much the players still need to learn, and people bitch and moan that the skill ceiling is so low, and that it's an easier game than sc1. I'm sorry but when players are sending in groups of 50 lings at tanks instead of individually sending in scouting drones 1-2 squares ahead of their packs, and with follow up individual lings.. we are not there..

cdyhybrid

Thanks for the feedback Panda. Those Infestors on the creep were just pure snarf. I wanted to move my units out to flank when he approached my ramp but they were just in the wrong place. I saw it coming from a mile away too and was powerless to stop it.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Project A Episode 4 is up.
http://www.gomtv.net/2011gslsponsors5/vod/66095

TxdKr.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I've rewatched the dinner-part four times already... Sad part is that I'm not even joking. (taking pics, pics, pics!)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Corran I didn't feel like making it but can you shop in MKP sitting down with Yellow as the waitress takes away his food but make it a golden trophy cup?

You'd be internet famous for a few minutes at least.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Have I told you that I love you Corran? ♥

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Hazaro said:
Corran I didn't feel like making it but can you shop in MKP sitting down with Yellow as the waitress takes away his food but make it a golden trophy cup?

You'd be internet famous for a few minutes at least.
When was that

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
3:57

You need to shoop in MKP somewhere though

*Bonus for Boxer on her head at the last frame and then Artosis gifzoom at end, but you lose all classy points.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Hazaro said:
3:57

You need to shoop in MKP somewhere though

*Bonus for Boxer on her head at the last frame and then Artosis gifzoom at end, but you lose all classy points.
Lol im lazy atm so here is this. Im not that great with gif editing.

yellowsilver.jpg

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Haunted said:
the impediment wasnt the problem, it was how what he said turned into a growling garbled mess whenever he started to get excited and talk really fast. he should pace himself more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom