• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
huh, i would've thought he'd want to increase marine rate of fire and lower the damage to increase the value of armour.

Holden

damn i relly like those possible changes, but the one where you can cast fungal burrowed that's a little bit to much ;o

Pandaman said:
huh, i would've thought he'd want to increase marine rate of fire and lower the damage to increase the value of armour.

chargelot +2armor would destroy marines even more lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
idra is stupid as usual.

Keikaku

Just got back home today, woke up from a nap and played a couple of quick ladder games. I didn't play well but I spanked my opponents, both of them in Platinum.

Has Platinum league always been this bad, to the point where I can win like I did? Wow . . .

Dooraven

- Increase Hydralisk speed

Agreed and buff thier health, nerf their dps to compensate.

- Decrease Ultralisk size

Agreed

- Make Fungal Growth a slowing spell instead of freezing spell

Agreed, chain fungal is probably the most broken thing about fungal

- Decrease Marine rate of fire

Don't really agree with this that much, decreasing the amount that stim gives may be better
- Lower Collosus damage

I dunno, colossus isn't really that used much anymore at high level except in PvP, it's basically just used to force vikings/corrupters and then transition into twilight council tech.

- Make Forcefield destructible with no target priority
Eh, you will have to completley redesign Protoss Tier 1/Forcefeilds to compensate for this.

- Increase Stalker damage and give them slower movement speed or higher Blink cooldown

Don't agree with this either, increasing Stalker damage would destroy TvP. Blink is fine, it requires a ton of micro. Zergs just keep on dying to a timing because they keep on massing roaches, A lot of Zergs have successfully defended it with ling hydra in GSL.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Dooraven said:
Don't agree with this either, increasing Stalker damage would destroy TvP. Blink is fine, it requires a ton of micro. Zergs just keep on dying to a timing because they keep on massing roaches, A lot of Zergs have successfully defended it with ling hydra in GSL.
and alot of zergs have blind countered blink by going straight ling/hydra and still died because blink isnt fine.

Destructible force fields may appeal to me as a Zerg, but it would require a complete restructure of Protoss/tier 1. Terrans would have a field day with early pressure against Toss.

Perhaps make force fields only indestructible if placed within a Pylon's energy matrix; that way it can still block the ramp against pressure, but wouldn't be so easy to abuse in an open battle.

Dooraven

Pandaman said:
and alot of zergs have blind countered blink by going straight ling/hydra and still died because blink sint fine.

Examples?

Here is GSL Code A Results

Creator v Luvsic: Creator went Blink Stalker Game 1, 2, and 3. He won Game 1, Luvsic just countered it in games 2 and 3 by going double evo upgrades for his roaches

Tails v The Wind: Tails did an amazing FF Block on the Winds Main taking out pretty much all his tech, pretty much won there

G2: he did some random charge build and instant died to roaches
G3: Wind 6 pools, Tails holds off pretty much gg

Sheth v San: Blink Stalkers v Mutas G1. Same thing in G2 and G3. Sheth won G2 and G3 easily

Puzzle v Sheth: 3 gate pressure in which shetch just died by trying to do a stupid counter
G2: super close game where Sheth gets supply blocked in the battle.

GSL Code S

July v Trickster: Not sure what happened here.
G2: July v Trickster, july had fail drops and suicided his hydras into storms

Anypro v Violet.
Anypro went stargate, violet bet him easily

Coca v Alicia: Ultras destroy Alicia's army
Coca v Alica G2: Alicia goes blink, gets pretty badly crushed

GSTL;
Alicia vs. viOlet
on Bel'Shir Beach

Violet tries to do a 1 base all in and suicides his roaches into forcefeilds and cannons

Killer vs. BBoongBBoong
on Metalopolis

Killer dies essentally to a ling runby

Sage v Sirius

One of the best PvZs yet, pheonix chargelot harrassment

Sage v Leenock

Leenock looses his expo to dts and stalkers, Sage far ahead. Leenock dies by doing a counter attack into stalkers.

In terms of the scene, the growth in America is absolutely huge. MLG has gotten gigantic very quickly. IEM, Dreamhack and a bunch of small but relevant one-time tournaments are doing well in Europe. Surprisingly, Korea seems like biggest disappointment, but only because everyone is used to the scale of Korean SC1 from them. They still have an ongoing league with $40,000+ for first place that's capable of supporting a good number of full-time pro teams. Generally speaking, this is what everyone hoped for when SC2 was announced. It's definitely making a good push for eSports to become mainstream.

It's pretty good and bad that the growth in America has been mostly viewers and sponsorship/money while the player base has been stagnating for a long time both in skill and the rise of new faces.

NA is getting further and further behind and I don't feel that the majority of the professional players there are taking this as seriously as everyone else. Even Idra who's by every tournament organizer's word is one of the most professional players they dealt with has cut his practicing time to 2 hours a day because "he doesn't feel anyone is as good as him in his region so why bother playing all day, just wait until they catch up".

It will be really interesting to see how it all will play out, but I'm not expecting any NA champions to big international tournaments any time soon.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Dooraven said:
Examples?
now can you cut it down to the examples that actually involve 2 base blink aggression? Your list will look alot shorter, but you might feel better for making some progress.

TheThunder said:
It's pretty good and bad that the growth in America has been mostly viewers and sponsorship/money while the player base has been stagnating for a long time both in skill and the rise of new faces.

NA is getting further and further behind and I don't feel that the majority of the professional players there are taking this as seriously as everyone else. Even Idra who's by every tournament organizer's word is one of the most professional players they dealt with has cut his practicing time to 2 hours a day because "he doesn't feel anyone is as good as him in his region so why bother playing all day, just wait until they catch up".

It will be really interesting to see how it all will play out, but I'm not expecting any NA champions to big international tournaments any time soon.
Dreamhuk?

Haunted

TheThunder said:

You're going to look real silly when Sheth rolls everyone at NASL this week.
No he won't.

Serious answer though, NA as a scene might get further behind, but the best of the best will be able to compete, as always. Huk Idra Kiwikaki Select Sheth - you'll still see these 5 post results, maybe add even 1 or 2 wildcards to that mix with major or dde.

EU has more players you can expect big results from (and KR even more than that), but at the very top, when it's the Final 4 with Huk, MC, Naniwa and Socke - or Select, MMA, Polt, Thorzain - or Idra, July, Morrow, Sen - all bets are off.

Dooraven

Pandaman said:
now can you cut it down to the examples that actually involve 2 base blink aggression? Your list will look alot shorter, but you might feel better for making some progress.

So essentially

San v Sheth
G2, G3

Creator v Luvsic

G1, G2, G3

Coca v Alicia G2

Puzzle v Sheth

G2

And out of those games protoss won twice. So tell me how blink isn't fine?

pieatorium said:
Dreamhuk?
You mean the same Huk who has been in Korea for more than 8 months living and practicing with one of the best Korean/world teams is supposed to be the representative of the North American scene ?

.... mkay

TheThunder said:
You mean the same Huk who has been in Korea for more than 8 months living and practicing with one of the best Korean/world teams is supposed to be the representative of the North American scene ?

.... mkay
You Mention Idra who was in Korea alot longer than Huk mmmkay.

Besides I was more talking to no NA champions of big events comment.

Haunted

Everyone looking to Idra for balance fixes is delusional.

The guy said Terran was the weakest race in BW, he cannot be trusted to be impartial.

Looking at the results, everyone's doing fine in various tournaments. Z dominated in the US, P dominated in EU, T dominated in KR.
Looking at the gameplay, Every race has their imba compositions (Protoss deathball, MMM drops, Brood + Infestors) while devising how to break that of the other races.

Holden

Haunted said:

The guy said Terran was the weakest race in BW, he cannot be trusted to be impartial.

Looking at the results, everyone's doing fine in various tournaments. Z dominated in the US, P dominated in EU, T dominated in KR.
Looking at the gameplay, Every race has their imba compositions (Protoss deathball, MMM drops, Brood + Infestors) while devising how to break that of the other races.

MMM drops are not imba lol.

pieatorium said:
You Mention Idra who was in Korea alot longer than Huk mmmkay.
Idra has left Korea for 5-6 months now.

This is not the Olympics your nationality does not have a lot to do with what I was talking about, we're talking about scenes and the player who play in them and on those servers, Huk plays in Korea on the korean server the NA scene has really nothing to do with Huk, his successes and how good/bad he is.

If Select and Moonan were the best players in the world then you better believe that the korean scene won't get any credit for that.

Dooraven

MMM drops aren't imba at all, Death Ball just gets fungaled and dies to baneling bombs. I don't know about BL infestor but Byun showed some cool usage of ghost's snipe.

TheThunder said:
Idra has left Korea for 5-6 months now.

This is not the Olympics your nationality does not have a lot to do with what I was talking about, we're talking about scenes and the player who play in them and on those servers, Huk plays in Korea on the korean server the NA scene has really nothing to do with Huk, his successes and how good/bad he is.

If Select and Moonan were the best players in the world then you better believe that the korean scene won't get any credit for that.
yeah look at my edit, I understand what you are saying I was mostly talking to your comment of no NA champions and whether you like it or not Huk is NA and won a big tournament recently. Saying that the NA scene has nothing to do with how good Huk is is also bullshit imo he made his way up through the NA scene winning MLG and such a long time ago and wouldn't have even gone to Korea without his NA results.

WedgeX

Banned
Awesome Animals said:
Ladder lock makes me sad. I have little incentive to play ladder. It isn't fun decimating opponents over and over again. :(

Beat everyone = infinite mmr come the next season?

pieatorium said:
yeah look at my edit, I understand what you are saying I was mostly talking to your comment of no NA champions and whether you like it or not Huk is NA and won a big tournament recently. Saying that the NA scene has nothing to do with how good Huk is is also bullshit imo he made his way up through the NA scene winning MLG and such a long time ago and wouldn't have even gone to Korea without his NA results.
Pretty sure I was alluding to no NA champion as in a player who actually lives and plays in the NA scene.

and no the NA scene has absolutely nothing about huk being good right now, matter of fact look how long it took him from when he moved to korea until now to finally be as good as he is, just shows how much he had to learn.

I'm talking about the scenes and circles players play in, if you want to talk nationality then go at it, it's 5 am here and I'm going to bed.

Q8D3vil

Haunted said:

WTF.....................

TheThunder said:
Pretty sure I was alluding to no NA champion as in a player who actually lives and plays in the NA scene.

and no the NA scene has absolutely nothing about huk being good right now, matter of fact look how long it took him from when he moved to korea until now to finally be as good as he is, just shows how much he had to learn.

I'm talking about the scenes and circles players play in, if you want to talk nationality then go at it, it's 5 am here and I'm going to bed.
You should word things better then and I still think giving the US scene no credit for how good Huk is right now is still delusional.

WedgeX said:
Beat everyone = infinite mmr come the next season?

My goal/expectation for myself is to be placed into gold for season 3. I'll still ladder nightly. but I played four games in about an hour I think. Won them all handily.

RedGamer

Neo Member
I've spent about two minutes musing where I wanted to post on GAF for the first time. Starcraft II thread seems like the right place.

How do GAF Nights usually work for SC2? Is it practically random what types of games are played? etc?

Is it alright if I'm only silver league?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
RedGamer said:
I've spent about two minutes musing where I wanted to post on GAF for the first time. Starcraft II thread seems like the right place.

How do GAF Nights usually work for SC2? Is it practically random what types of games are played? etc?

Is it alright if I'm only silver league?
You join chat channel and we play games. Usually we get newcomers to play a game or 2 with people among same skill level. Make sure to get on mumble and we can help peeps out get better.

Q8D3vil

watching trump losing 2 tvp's after outplaying his opponent so much is so depressing.
protoss can just turtle and fuck over ur expos with dts is so depressing. ( same thing happened in mvp vs creator in gsl st, although mvp barley ended the game).

way too depressing.
:(

Dooraven

Q8D3vil said:
watching trump losing 2 tvp's after outplaying his opponent so much is so depressing.
protoss can just turtle and fuck over ur expos with dts is so depressing. ( same thing happened in mvp vs creator in gsl st, although mvp barley ended the game).

way too depressing.

not sure what dts are going to do against PFs and Turrets. And if you decided to make Orbitals instead just keep a few marauders next to each expo with turrets.

Q8D3vil

Dooraven said:
not sure what dts are going to do against PFs and Turrets. And if you decided to make Orbitals instead just keep a few marauders next to each expo with turrets.
yeah, because its easy to cover taldarim.
i agree with the pf instead of oc, the most depressing part that it was 5 bases against 3 with 3 extra oc for mules.

really make you appreciate how good koreans and some eu terrans really are.

Awesome Animals said:
Ladder lock makes me sad. I have little incentive to play ladder. It isn't fun decimating opponents over and over again. :(
I'm not sure this is how it works. You can't get promoted or demoted but your rating will still change.

So whilst it might say you are still bronze or silver you won't just keep facing them if you keep winning.

Edit:
Q8D3vil said:

way too depressing.

He didn't outplay his opponent then. Also your balance whining is incredibly annoying, moreso than idra even.

Q8D3vil

AdventureRacing said:
I'm not sure this is how it works. You can't get promoted or demoted but your rating will still change.

So whilst it might say you are still bronze or silver you won't just keep facing them if you keep winning.

Edit:2515

He didn't outplay his opponent then. Also your balance whining is incredibly annoying, moreso than idra even.
that is the biggest insult ever :(

Jeff-DSA

Dooraven said:

If we're talking multiple expansions, you should have the economy to have a turret, a bunker, and a single marauder. They'll give up on the DT harass after 2-3 failures and you can salvage the bunkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom