• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaporak

867-5309 said:
Maybe you guys should reimagine Belle Eve as a southern Belle, complete with cowboy hat and accent.

In actual starcraft news, given the number of each race in each division, would you rather watch Code A, with more variety, or Code S, ostensibly better play but nonstop terran?

Code A seems like it'll have the better "story line" this season and it's unlikely Code S will be all that better skill wise; too bad about the casters. :/

Dooraven

Good to see that the massive change was revoked. This is a bit more better. Although they're still missing main problem of the infestor with chain fungals.

I did like on of the ideas suggested on TL that fungal should be root on creep and slow off it. That would be a pretty unique mechanic.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
You've said before you'd like to stay in Korea for a long time, and you'd stay forever as long as you had Code-S. How many more months do you still think you'll stay at minimum, and is your plan still the same regarding Code-S?

Right now I feel like there is no point to go back, I can see myself staying here for several years, Code S is my eventual goal to reach, and then from there Champion. But I will take it one step at a time. But I plan to stay here as long as i have to to reach my dream.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=265832

Naniwa awesome.

My mom came over just as the Haypro v Thorazain series was about to start, so I missed it all; about to order pizza and watch it. But before she got here I was listening to Artosis once again claiming Haypro is very good. Somebody needs to question that nonsense; I'm guessing a solid non-BW player will have to emerge, with the balls to call out this mentality that being good at BW makes you good at SC2. Haypro is one of the worst pro players I've ever seen. I've seen perhaps one series where he did anything decent - that MLG series against Tyler some time ago.

Dooraven

PhoenixDark said:
My mom came over just as the Haypro v Thorazain series was about to start, so I missed it all; about to order pizza and watch it. But before she got here I was listening to Artosis once again claiming Haypro is very good. Somebody needs to question that nonsense; I'm guessing a solid non-BW player will have to emerge, with the balls to call out this mentality that being good at BW makes you good at SC2. Haypro is one of the worst pro players I've ever seen. I've seen perhaps one series where he did anything decent - that MLG series against Tyler some time ago.

Naniwa?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
PhoenixDark said:

I hope Naniwa can be that hero we need.

edit: damn it

mcrae

Dooraven said:
MLG Live Invitational. Brackets for korea includes Puma v MVP and artosis says "this is going to be one of the closest TvTs etc"

im browsing the mlg site and cant find anywhere to watch. do you have to have an account?

zargle

PhoenixDark said:

Theres a problem right there.

Q8D3vil

MLG Map Pool looks totally dated now. I wish they would've added Daybreak instead of Antiga Shipyard. Maybe next year they'll start hiring map-makers
antiga, shakura and xelnaga are my favorite ladder map right now.

i really every 2v2 map is as big as antiga, they really nailed the size.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Artosis is just a figurehead. He will stay as long as the money flows.

dune_cat_spice_must_flow-475x267.jpg

Striek

Pancakes said:
Thank god.

SixJax is a scumbag company that didn't give two shits about E-sports.

Dan and the other players deserve much better.
?

The only companies that care about 'e-sports' are those who think they will somehow make money out of it, SixJax is no better or worse.

Mairu

I think it's cute that people are talking about Artosis in terms of Sixjax disbanding when he's not even a player (be real people). I highly doubt this will have any effect on his day to day, although I can only hope that he would need to actually start casting more in the GSL to make up for the loss from Sixjax :p

I hope dde gets onto a good team, maybe one that'll force him to use hotkeys

Holden

Q8D3vil said:
and you will come back playing sc2 like bitch :p

nobody plays bw, id played bw if foreign scene still existed --;;

and as many ppl say, bw is gonna die in like a year or so

and i'd prob be playing dota if i didn't have to wait 20-30 min for a single game ;[

Striek said:
?

The only companies that care about 'e-sports' are those who think they will somehow make money out of it, SixJax is no better or worse.

well I'd say companies like, say, Intel, Thermaltake, Medion, Geil, G-Skill or Kingston do have some vested interested in E-Sports as they want us to buy their gear.

Striek

mescalineeyes said:
well I'd say companies like, say, Intel, Thermaltake, Medion, Geil, G-Skill or Kingston do have some vested interested in E-Sports as they want us to buy their gear.
And SixJax wanted to sell us on yet another penny auction site, same thing.

Holden

Q8D3vil said:
the fact that dde doesn't use hotkeys shows how much artosis is really involved in sixjax.

didn't he just just got runner up in SC3..? and won some other tournament by beating idra? oh wait he plays terran :)

Q8D3vil

Hugoboss21 said:
didn't he just just got runner up in SC3..? and won some other tournament by beating idra? oh wait he plays terran :)
he have a very high apm, but the main problem is that he can't macro fast enough during the fights (you see his minerals reach 1000-1200) during intense moments.

didn't you switch to zerg ? or was it too hard for you ?

Holden

Q8D3vil said:
he have a very high apm, but the main problem is that he can't macro fast enough during the fights (you see his minerals reach 1000-1200) during intense moments.

didn't you switch to zerg ? or was it too hard for you ?

i said i'd switch back when they will be buffed, and look what happened;;;

Man i really need to play a few games. In the last few weeks the only SC2 i've played is some SC2BW games against Q8Devil.

Actually i've been playing some more SC1 and i've been enjoying the using all 3 races. I still think i would enjoy playing toss and terran but i feel as though if i try them out it will only end up hurting my play as zerg.

Q8D3vil

AdventureRacing said:
Man i really need to play a few games. In the last few weeks the only SC2 i've played is some SC2BW games against Q8Devil.

Actually i've been playing some more SC1 and i've been enjoying the using all 3 races. I still think i would enjoy playing toss and terran but i feel as though if i try them out it will only end up hurting my play as zerg.
we can play real sc2 right now.
i've been practicing some tvz builds.

Q8D3vil said:
we can play real sc2 right now.
i've been practicing some tvz builds.

It's nearly midnight here and i have to be up at 5 for work (i should be in bed already lol). I only work for 6 hours tomorrow morning and then i will probably play a bunch of SC2 in the afternoon.

I'll probably be on quite a bit on Sunday too, hopefully will see some gaffers online :D.

I want to play you to see how i hold up. When i face master protoss/zerg i quite often win or at least feel like i could win. Against masters terran i often feel like i'm being man handled.

Thorzain>Huk
Hero>Idra
Naniwa>Rain
DRG>LucifroN

Thorzain>Hero
DRG>Naniwa

DRG>Thorzain

btw, any ETA on when the MLG EU thing vods are gonna go up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom