• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Can we go back to posting ponies and whining about Terran being op?

This thread is making me hungry.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
HolyCheck said:
Note our nationality too..
61YcMaxBkxL._SS500_.jpg

So MC choose they easy "walk over some white dudes" way back into code S ?

Loved Killer or who ever it was when he called out MMA&DRG for getting into code S the easy way.

Dooraven

TheThunder said:

Loved Killer or who ever it was when he called out MMA&DRG for getting into code S the easy way.

Eh, I dunno, he's going to ESWC too, maybe he just likes going to foreign events and now that his schedule has cleared up (aka now in code A) he has more time to go abroad.

Q8D3vil

Dooraven said:
Eh, I dunno, he's going to ESWC too, maybe he just likes going to foreign events and now that his schedule has cleared up (aka now in code A) he has more time to go abroad.
yeah, he is already sponsored by sk so there is no reason for him to not go to mlg.

Dooraven said:
Not saying it's a bad thing, it's just easier but with Bomber, July and DRG, both MC and Boxer are gonna have a tough time getting that top 3.

Mairu

TheThunder said:

Getting into Code S through MLG may be easier than going through Code A & Up/Down matches, but it's not like MMA hasn't shown that he belongs in Code S. I mean, he was the runner-up in the Super Tournament and that one season of Code A where he got knocked out in ro32, it was to the eventual winner of Code A. He didn't get very far in GSL August but he did take a game off Nestea and place first in his group.

Besides, when it comes to earning the Code S spot it's not "walk over white dudes" it's more "beat the majority of the other Koreans there"

Holden

MrKnives said:
Maybe Blizzard was right. Balance comes from destructible rocks.

it does, putting rocks balance the fact that zerg can take a billion expos if you forge expand. ( naniwa vs ret on shakuras )

Striek

Watching the Top 200 KOTH instead waiting on OSL. Nothing sadder than seeing a zerg try his goddamn hardest to beat mass ghosts in late-late-late game ZvT.

MrKnives

Hugoboss21 said:
it does, putting rocks balance the fact that zerg can take a billion expos if you forge expand. ( naniwa vs ret on shakuras )

In the good old days Terrans and Protoss had to stop Zerg for taking all the expansions themselves. Finally Terran and Protoss players allied themselves with the mighty Destructible Rocks and they do it for them.

I don't care tbh :p Just funny how when Blizz adds rocks to expansions they are bunch of fucking retarded devs who don't know their own game but when a korean map maker adds it's a good decision. Talking about TL now.

cdyhybrid

MrKnives said:
In the good old days Terrans and Protoss had to stop Zerg for taking all the expansions themselves. Finally Terran and Protoss players allied themselves with the mighty Destructible Rocks and they do it for them.

I don't care tbh :p Just funny how when Blizz adds rocks to expansions they are bunch of fucking retarded devs who don't know their own game but when a korean map maker adds it's a good decision. Talking about TL now.

B-b-but Blizzard is the best game designer ever! They never do anything wrong!

Holden

MrKnives said:

you listen to much to zergGAF or teamliquid t.t

V_Arnold

cdyhybrid said:
See the post above you.

Not even a competition, dude. Blizz games are MMORPG/hack'n'slash and fantasy/sci-fi RTS, Valve does FPS games with now a bought DOTA too, they are not competing against each other.

Besides, it is pointless to declare one or other. I love both of them, could not care less what others might see in them as "competing against each other". The biggest competition between them will be DOTA2 vs DOTA All-Stars, lulz.

Hugoboss, lulz.

cdyhybrid

V_Arnold said:
Not even a competition, dude. Blizz games are MMORPG/hack'n'slash and fantasy/sci-fi RTS, Valve does FPS games with now a bought DOTA too, they are not competing against each other.

Besides, it is pointless to declare one or other. I love both of them, could not care less what others might see in them as "competing against each other". The biggest competition between them will be DOTA2 vs DOTA All-Stars, lulz.

They are both game developers. They both develop games. For the same platform even. That makes them competitors. That's not what I was getting at originally, though. I was making a joke about the tendency of posters in this thread (they mostly play Terran, ironically enough) to defend anything and everything Blizzard does.

Striek

How is DOTA2 vs. DOTA All-Stars a competition. One of them is going to be one of the biggest successes in gaming history, the other is Blizzards DOTA.

V_Arnold

cdyhybrid said:
They are both game developers. They both develop games. For the same platform even. That makes them competitors. That's not what I was getting at originally, though. I was making a joke about the tendency of posters in this thread (they mostly play Terran, ironically enough) to defend anything and everything Blizzard does.

My tendency about you is that I recognize your name from always slight or moderate Blizzard-bashing. So it goes both ways. It is alright though, everything is subjective.

Striek said:
How is DOTA2 vs. DOTA All-Stars a competition. One of them is going to be one of the biggest successes in gaming history, the other is Blizzards DOTA.

Yep, my point exactly. Even that could not be twisted into a "BLIZZ VS VALVE, GO!" thing. But some tries anyway :D

V_Arnold

cdyhybrid said:
They deserve it.

For you, they might. For me, they have been brining no.1 long-lasting (1000-2000 hours +) entertainment ever since WarCraft1-2, Diablo1 and SC1. And the fun never stopped since then ;)

cdyhybrid

MrKnives said:
Maybe you shouldn't have

I think the same thing sometimes. We'll see how HotS goes.

V_Arnold said:
For you, they might. For me, they have been brining no.1 long-lasting (1000-2000 hours +) entertainment ever since WarCraft1-2, Diablo1 and SC1. And the fun never stopped since then ;)

Well I'm glad you feel that way. I don't feel the same, unfortunately. I'm not saying their games are utter trash. They just do some really stupid shit sometimes and they need to be called out for it so they don't keep doing it.

Striek

Valve and Blizzard both make great games (and about a dozen other developers who compete at their level of quality, easily). The difference is Valve treats customers like king, and Blizzard likes to dick theirs over because they know they have the goods people want and they'll take crap to get them.

V_Arnold

Striek said:
Valve and Blizzard both make great games (and about a dozen other developers who compete at their level of quality, easily). The difference is Valve treats customers like king, and Blizzard likes to dick theirs over because they know they have the goods people want and they'll take crap to get them.

I really do not want this to turn into the n+1th conversation about it, but I geniunely do not feel Blizzard is treating me like "shit" at all. I do not care about the features they have taken away from their newer games. :D

Striek said:
Pretty much how I see it.

WoW became such a success that blizz doesn't give a fuck anymore

cdyhybrid

V_Arnold said:
I really do not want this to turn into the n+1th conversation about it, but I geniunely do not feel Blizzard is treating me like "shit" at all. I do not care about the features they have taken away from their newer games. :D

Some of us do care, which is why we point these things out <3

Striek

V_Arnold said:
No offence, but thats pretty much the definition of fanboy goggles :p What you don't care about is more than likely informed by what Blizzard doesn't care about. Just flip over to the gaming side and you see people all the time rationalise the negative news about their favourite system/developer in a way that turns it into neutral or even positive news.

Everyone does it with some product/company/sport/team/person. No big deal. Gotta be a fanboy to something. Or you'd lose your passion.

Like Tasteless.

V_Arnold

Striek said:
No offence, but thats pretty much the definition of fanboy goggles :p What you don't care about is more than likely informed by what Blizzard doesn't care about. Just flip over to the gaming side and you see people all the time rationalise the negative news about their favourite system/developer in a way that turns it into neutral or even positive news.

Everyone does it with some product/company/sport/team/person. No big deal. Gotta be a fanboy to something. Or you'd lose your passion.

Like Tasteless.

Oh, I am the biggest Blizzard fanboy ever, but I am still able to see the reality aswell. Like features like LAN NOT being important for the huge majority of players, even in SCII. It is still a fucking neccessity in tournaments though, and THAT is an issue they should work around.

Q8D3vil

if we are talking about features like lan/chat/name changes then blizzard definitely are garbage compared to valve but when talking about real games value like balance then blizzard shit on everyone else.
valve don't have any rts so we can't really compare them when it comes to balance anyway.

cdyhybrid

Q8D3vil said:
if we are talking about features like lan/chat/name changes then blizzard definitely are garbage compared to valve but when talking about real games value like balance then blizzard shit on everyone else.
valve don't have any rts so we can't really compare them when it comes to balance anyway.

They have FPS which are also pretty balance dependant. Of course, those are team-focused, so the type of balance is different.

Q8D3vil

cdyhybrid said:
They have FPS which are also pretty balance dependant. Of course, those are team-focused, so the type of balance is different.
RTS is way more complicated to balance than FPS.

there is no build orders/timings in fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom