• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q8D3vil said:
if we are talking about features like lan/chat/name changes then blizzard definitely are garbage compared to valve but when talking about real games value like balance then blizzard shit on everyone else.
valve don't have any rts so we can't really compare them when it comes to balance anyway.
Warcraft 3 is not even close to being balanced and WoW's PvP is a complete joke.

Only BW can be considered really balanced and even then Protoss have been the weakest by a significant margin since the start.

Let's not get overboard with the praise here. SC2 however is getting much better, especially with the next patch
until HoTS is released and fucks everything over

V_Arnold

TheThunder said:
Warcraft 3 is not even close to being balanced and WoW's PvP is a complete joke.

Only BW can be considered really balanced and even then Protoss have been the weakest by a significant margin since the start.

Let's not get overboard with the praise here. SC2 however is getting much better, especially with the next patch
until HoTS is released and fucks everything over

It was amazing for 2-3 years, not talking about bullshit like 1v1 or 2v2, but 3v3-upwards or BG's. It is now secondary thanks to the new team being a bit behind themselves, but it does not matter.

SCII is already REALLY balanced, no matter what skewed view some players might have about it. Really not even comparable to other RTS games except BW. Which had a decade.

MrKnives

I think I love Valve slightly more than Blizzard. They are just great. Gabe <3
But lol at anyone who says FPS is as hard to balance as RTS

cdyhybrid

MrKnives said:
I think I love Valve slightly more than Blizzard. They are just great. Gabe <3
But lol at anyone who says FPS is as hard to balance as RTS

I never said it was as hard to balance, but it does take some balancing. And Valve is pretty ace at it.

MrKnives

CS 1.6 is the only game I have played more than bw/diablo. It was perfect but I know that in this day and age it would get complains for having its 70% weapons completely useless.

Now they just need to make CS 2 so I can get my hands on AWP again

Dreamhack production... goddamn

Untitled-17.jpg

ksan

fistbumped haypro and got a photo with tlo tonight...

also saw Get_Right and TLO and SK.ANNA and naugrim at barcraft tonight...

was a fucking fantastic evening...

V_Arnold

cdyhybrid said:
TF2 isn't the most balanced thing in the world. CS is great, though.

And amazingly, hardcore CS fans have been crying over CS:S for nearly half a decade now.
So if we only base our "how good the developer" from overly sensitive fanboys of certain games, the resoult would be:

-Valve is horrible, cause CS:S sucks compared to CS1.5-6
-Blizzard is horrible, cause SCII "sucks" compared to BW.

One of them is actually true (CS:S << CS1.5/6), other...dunno ;) But still, you get the point, I think :D

cdyhybrid

V_Arnold said:
And amazingly, hardcore CS fans have been crying over CS:S for nearly half a decade now.
So if we only base our "how good the developer" from overly sensitive fanboys of certain games, the resoult would be:

-Valve is horrible, cause CS:S sucks compared to CS1.5-6
-Blizzard is horrible, cause SCII "sucks" compared to BW.

One of them is actually true (CS:S << CS1.5/6), other...dunno ;) But still, you get the point, I think :D
I've never played Source anyway. 1.6 was my shit.

Oh and Blizzard sucks because of things mostly related to Warcraft, not Starcraft.

Karl2177

I've been having some issues in SC2 since I installed the Windows Developer Build. I can't scroll to the left on screen. Has anyone else had this issue?

a176

Banned
V_Arnold said:
Really not even comparable to other RTS games except BW. Which had a decade.

blizzard last touched bw in 2001. it was mostly the maps that determined the balance of the game; the game itself had no ridiculously abusable unit as seen in SC2, and thusly maps evolved to balance the game. but to say SC2 is balanced on any level that even resembles that is laughable.

its funny because blizzard forces us to their maps, and yet it is their very own maps that expose the ridiculous imbalances present in the game design. it is in fact blizzard nerfing the fuck out of themselves.

it also poses a problem because sc2 maps cannot evolve as a result, because blizzard is using their current/past maps as the baseline for these nickel and dime changes. its a vicious leash that sc2 players will forever be stuck in due to blind faith in blizzard's supposed ability to create perfect games.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
a176 said:
blizzard last touched bw in 2001. it was mostly the maps that determined the balance of the game; the game itself had no ridiculously abusable unit as seen in SC2, and thusly maps evolved to balance the game.
Wait what?

BW was balanced because of the maps, and partly because tons of units could be made to work 500% better from putting in effort using, positioning, and microing your units.

I mean just look at Marine Medic (2 base T vs 5 Zerg), Vultures (2 hit workers, stupid fast, tons of damage vs light, 125 dmg AoE mines), Defilers (Infinite energy, AoE units down to 1hp, make units invincible to ranged damage), heck half the units are broken in some specific way.

Players just had to compensate for units in areas in other ways and it works beautifully.
There's no 'oh I need a meat unit so I'll mass roach' unit in BW.

Dooraven

One of the main problems I have with SC2 is with how the animations of some of the units work. All of the units animations should be like the marine/marauder where it's fire and then cooldown. The Stalker, Roach, Banshee and other types of units have this retarded warm up period with their attack animation, which makes perfect kiting near impossible.

a176

Banned
Hazaro said:
Wait what?

BW was balanced because of the maps, and partly because tons of units could be made to work 500% better from putting in effort using, positioning, and microing your units.

I mean just look at Marine Medic (2 base T vs 5 Zerg), Vultures (2 hit workers, stupid fast, tons of damage vs light, 125 dmg AoE mines), Defilers (Infinite energy, AoE units down to 1hp, make units invincible to ranged damage), heck half the units are broken in some specific way.

Players just had to compensate for units in areas in other ways and it works beautifully.
There's no 'oh I need a meat unit so I'll mass roach' unit in BW.

i was referring shit like 5raxreaper or even the stuff thats going on with hellions right now. all those "ridiculous" things in bw were capable of being handled one way or another. but theres not much to do when you have units that outrun and outgun your entire T1 tree, aside from building said meat unit

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
a176 said:
i was referring shit like 5raxreaper or even the stuff thats going on with hellions right now. all those "ridiculous" things in bw were capable of being handled one way or another. but theres not much to do when you have units that outrun and outgun your entire T1 tree, aside from building said meat unit

That shit was balanced from day one hey mang

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
a176 said:
ok

cracklings can be pretty annoying

but thats why bw also had archons
i didnt say cracklings.

like if you didn't play absolutely perfectly a 9pool could run over alot of builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom