• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mairu

jersoc said:
the days of cheesy all ins are long gone man. code a has been pretty good for a while.

even better if moletrap wasn't around.
Code A has been good almost the entire time, the only bad seasons of Code A were like the first two, maybe three.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
PhoenixDark said:
Yea I'll wind up buying October as well. Gonna wait a few days though. btw is the Top/MVP finals worth watching? I haven't even bothered to check it out...
Outside of an awesome Game 1 (which might be free as game 1s are usually free, not sure about the finals) not really.

jasonng

Pandaman said:
>pay shattered temple customs
>get someone on a starter account
>ULTRALISK RUSH
uPi71.gif

Corran Horn said:
Outside of an awesome Game 1 (which might be free as game 1s are usually free, not sure about the finals) not really.

I bought the ticket for that season actually lol, just haven't watched the finals. I gotta finish Dreamhack anyway

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
PainUser is a "lolterran expert"

HD is just entertainment. He is more mainstream and most hardcore sc2ers probably wont like him.

But him and husky I have a love for due to their BW casts etc.

I wish they didnt delete their BW vods.

mcrae

Corran Horn said:
You dont know who HD is? :/

Painuser sucks yes.

oh thats hd? i'll take back that half of my comment. but he was lackluster, where painuser just sucked. ill report back in a bit with what his results are with this second chance, lol.

mcrae

mcrae said:
oh thats hd? i'll take back that half of my comment. but he was lackluster, where painuser just sucked. ill report back in a bit with what his results are with this second chance, lol.

hd "the split from mma is soo good" mma barely split his marines, and what little splitting did happen wasnt good. wtf mate

edit: july was 180/200 and 2000/1000 to mmas 130/150 and 300/500, now mma is 178 to julys 150, wtf this is sad

kinger256

Wow. Just turned on the IPL stream to see July throw away 10 ultras up a ramp with a CC blocking half the entrance against bio, then about 7 broods with poor positioning. So painful to watch.

HD says so much awkward shit, and can never recover; he sounds/acts like some dude who's barely interacted with other people. Husky does a lot of that too in terms of mangling puns and common sayings, but he rebounds by acknowledging he's dumb and moving on lol; very good self deprecating humor. HD is like Gretorp: awkward as fuck.

That being said, I think he'd be good if paired with a good caster. He's a smart guy who knows his stuff, and is probably the best caster/player.

Q8D3vil

Wow. Just turned on the IPL stream to see July throw away 10 ultras up a ramp with a CC blocking half the entrance against bio, then about 7 broods with poor positioning. So painful to watch.
sounds like the normal july play.

Zen

Banned
Good god, I just went from 3 diamond to 14th all because of TvZ. Everyone around me says that Zerg as easy, but I just can't figure out the matchup. Especially with Blizzard ladder maps, it doesn't really feel like drop play is viable until the late late game.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Zen said:
Good god, I just went from 3 diamond to 14th all because of TvZ. Everyone around me says that Zerg as easy, but I just can't figure out the matchup. Especially with Blizzard ladder maps, it doesn't really feel like drop play is viable until the late late game.
Drop is viable until mutas are out so you have to hit fast with your medivacs or just get more tanks and set up your third. And as you said later game.

Engage carefully and know what limits a Zerg has at certain points in the game.
Counting drones and minerals on a Zerg natural or 3rd along with their gas can tell you a whole lot about what they are doing. Try to deny bases that go up.

V_Arnold

Hazaro said:
Drop is viable until mutas are out so you have to hit fast with your medivacs or just get more tanks and set up your third. And as you said later game.

Engage carefully and know what limits a Zerg has at certain points in the game.
Counting drones and minerals on a Zerg natural or 3rd along with their gas can tell you a whole lot about what they are doing. Try to deny bases that go up.

Even after them. If Zerg patrols around his base with his mutas that are supposed to harass me, I will gladly send him a sacrificial medivac every minute or two.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
V_Arnold said:
Even after them. If Zerg patrols around his base with his mutas that are supposed to harass me, I will gladly send him a sacrificial medivac every minute or two.
Medivacs are important :'[

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
hide yo ling, hide yo roach

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
went back to see what people I got 2v2 masters with... found out I got the Hot Shot achievement 09.10.11

wtf?

Yoshichan

You're all cooler than me...

red731

So I have bought Starcraft 2 and will receive it in max two days.
I will play single campaign first and after that, I would like to learn/play online with you StarGaffers.
I have the SC2 Starter Edition, but am sucker for physical things so I guess there is no need to open the box for anything except the cd key/serial number right? Client all patched and up to date.

By the way I never played much strategies except for Starcraft 1 and to be honest, this is my first RTS that I have bought.

Blizzard and waiting for Diablo 3 beta invite will do these kind of things to you, even thou you may not get invited.

Should I post my character name here for you to add me or put it somewhere disctretely or what? You know, Real ID.

Thank you Yoshichan for poiting me here!

Looking forward to play on PC again and with you all!

edit: And now I officialy bought all the new gen Blizzard games (Diablo 3 is included of course, even though not physicaly :D )

edit2: EU

MrKnives

red731 said:
So I have bought Starcraft 2 and will receive it in max two days.
I will play single campaign first and after that, I would like to learn/play online with you StarGaffers.
I have the SC2 Starter Edition, but am sucker for physical things so I guess there is no need to open the box for anything except the cd key/serial number right? Client all patched and up to date.

By the way I never played much strategies except for Starcraft 1 and to be honest, this is my first RTS that I have bought.

Blizzard and waiting for Diablo 3 beta invite will do these kind of things to you, even thou you may not get invited.

Should I post my character name here for you to add me or put it somewhere disctretely or what? You know, Real ID.

Are you NA or EU? Join the NeoGaf channel, at least the NA has always people there. There are always people willing to help

Yoshichan

red731 said:
'tis my job, do not thank me!
red731 said:
I will play single campaign first and after that
I'm sure you'll be amazed by the variety of missions in the singleplayer. It's very friendly to new players and you'll get the hang of the basic terran-stuff.
red731 said:
No need to share Real ID. Posting your name and character code should be enough :)!
red731 said:
Enjoy your stay :)! You're up for one helluva ride!
red731 said:
edit2: EU
Ahh! I see that you're in the superior region :)! PM me your name and character code when you're set!

red731

MrKnives said:
Are you NA or EU? Join the NeoGaf channel, at least the NA has always people there. There are always people willing to help

EU. I will check battle.net if I can get there via browser, otherwise I can get there ingame right?

Yoshichan

red731 said:
EU. I will check battle.net if I can get there via browser, otherwise I can get there ingame right?
Since you're in EU, the better way of getting help is asking through this thread. Of course, if I'm online I'll help you out too. The NeoGAF-chat-channel is dead in EU (the community however, isn't).

red731

fanboi said:
Oh, nice a fresh meat, hit us up tonight.

Where from btw?

Haha, oh shi-. Just remembered something from Diablo 1 haha.

I am from Czech Republic and will hit you up in one or two days as I wrote - waiting for delivery.

Yoshichan said:
Ahh! I see that you're in the superior region :)! PM me your name and character code when you're set!

Will do right away, cause I think that name is Bnet name and character code is the character name that I've created when prompted in started edition menu.

Derp.

MrKnives

red731 said:
Haha, oh shi-. Just remembered something from Diablo 1 haha.

I am from Czech Republic and will hit you up in one or two days as I wrote - waiting for delivery.

Dat butcher.

Will do right away, cause I think that name is Bnet name and character code is the character name that I've created when prompted in started edition menu.

Derp.

Character name is the one you created when first started the game and character code is the "secret" 3 number code you can see when you click on "Add Friends" while ingame menu.

And like Yoschi said. EU Gaf Channel is kinda dead >_< but we are surprisingly active. So if you want advice just ask here and join there on NeoGaf, there is usually couple of us there.
And PM me your name and code when you get the game we can play.

The autojoin mechanic is too diffucult to master so nobody has figured it out yet except maybe me and fanboi

fanboi

Banned
MrKnives said:
Dat butcher.

Character name is the one you created when first started the game and character code is the "secret" 3 number code you can see when you click on "Add Friends" while ingame menu.

And like Yoschi said. EU Gaf Channel is kinda dead >_< but we are surprisingly active. So if you want advice just ask here and join there on NeoGaf, there is usually couple of us there.
And PM me your name and code when you get the game we can play.

The autojoin mechanic is too diffucult to master so nobody has figured it out yet except maybe me and fanboi

We shouldn't compare ourself to the rest.

Would you compare God and cockroaches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom