• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mairu

PhoenixDark said:
I don't think people realize just how good Haypro is
I don't think you realize how bad Haypro is relative to the amount of bullshit that gets thrown around about how good he is or could be.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
nilbog21 said:
http://i.imgur.com/OvaIx.jpg
Thanks pancakes, cost me $0.00 :D

Awesome!

The emperor is pleased.

I01S6m.jpg

ShallNoiseUpon said:

Come on guys, I figured my troll would catch a couple people and garner some lols, but not staples of the GAF SC2 community :(

On a serious note: what happened to Jinro? He's been in the ogs house for some time, and while Korean terran are dominating he's kinda just...there. I realize his style was figured out, but that was ages ago and he still hasn't gotten much better.

Mairu

PhoenixDark said:
Come on guys, I figured my troll would catch a couple people and garner some lols, but not staples of the GAF SC2 community :(

On a serious note: what happened to Jinro? He's been in the ogs house for some time, and while Korean terran are dominating he's kinda just...there.
no more talking up haypro
EVEN IF YOURE TROLLING

ITS DONE

OVER

COMPLETE

jinro vs alicia is like battle of the has-beens even though I like them both :|

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
PhoenixDark said:

On a serious note: what happened to Jinro? He's been in the ogs house for some time, and while Korean terran are dominating he's kinda just...there. I realize his style was figured out, but that was ages ago and he still hasn't gotten much better.
He doesnt seem to be a big multitasker which most korean terrans are. At least from the games I have seen.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Pancakes said:
Awesome!

The emperor is pleased.

I01S6m.jpg
I'm liking this. A lot.

PhoenixDark said:

He stopped being the only Terran that can macro.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
PhoenixDark said:

It just means we don't have faith in you.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hey that's my room!

Dooraven

PhoenixDark said:
Seems like Alicia basically let Ret win. The little bit of pressure he applied caught Ret completely off guard, dunno why he didn't continue

Neither, though I'm liking the new Warp prism stuff that KR protosses are now doing.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
PhoenixDark said:
Seems like Alicia basically let Ret win. The little bit of pressure he applied caught Ret completely off guard, dunno why he didn't continue
Because 3 base Protoss is usually invincible.

jesus Ret, what the fuck? This Min guy made so many mistakes and Ret let him back in the game by droning while under an all-in ling attack. smh

Q8D3vil

Dooraven said:
I really don't understand what hero was doing... Zealot/DT into Zealot/Archon/Storm? Yeah, not going to work against roach hydra.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhRXvZhx2tE&feature=player_embedded#!

Zen

Banned
whelp TvZ took me 5-17 tonight, all the way from 6 diamond to 17th. Fuck zerg. I literally don't know what else I can do in that matchup. I do better against my master zerg practice partners tahn I do against the diamond zergs. Every one of them I talk to knows exactly what BO they're going to do if they scout gas/no gas/1 gas at the start of the game, and completely crush me. MY Macro is decent, I'm not 2 base all inning, I apply pressure, and it doesn't fucking matter. I guess I should just be all inning them every single game.

cdyhybrid

Zen said:
whelp TvZ took me 5-17 tonight, all the way from 6 diamond to 17th. Fuck zerg. I literally don't know what else I can do in that matchup. I do better against my master zerg practice partners tahn I do against the diamond zergs. Every one of them I talk to knows exactly what BO they're going to do if they scout gas/no gas/1 gas at the start of the game, and completely crush me. MY Macro is decent, I'm not 2 base all inning, I apply pressure, and it doesn't fucking matter. I guess I should just be all inning them every single game.

Post some replays!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
HolyCheck said:
Um What.

I havent touched my pad in a few weeks or kept up on the scene.. how is this possible.. / can I run msn messenger on my touchpad yet?
Im using a remote PC app.

Basically it streams whats on my PC monitor to my touchpad with controls from the touchpad.

MrKnives

Pyke Presco said:
Ok, so I just played another game against a zerg player in platinum. Scouted a 7 pool, immediately pulled my probe out and sent it to the farthest base from my own, hoping he would follow it and then send his lings there while I forge and then cannon my front door, though he followed it up with lots of drones and an expansion before producing any lings, which was odd. He then says gg at about the 6 minute mark (I respond gg?), when absolutely nothing has happened, and claims that I`ve won, while meanwhile we both have solid economies and absolutely no battles have occurred, aside from me losing my scouting probe and him losing a single ling to my cannon.

I respond with "we'll just see how it plays out", and the game goes on for another 7 or 8 minutes while I get my gates up, a healthy expansion and then a robo, make a few 4 zealot/4 stalker pushes (zealots die, stalkers pull back and then get a new wave of zealots to go again) bring a warp prism with my zealots and stalkers and some sentries, take the bottom hatch out, then hit the main just when his mutas are popping and annhilate them one or two at a time. (to which he ended with the classic gg, player has left the game trick, hoping it would work. Stupid ladder nonsense)

I feel like I played it all wrong though, aside from the initial response with the 12 gate (into forge into cannon wall at my front door once I scouted the early pool). I feel like getting 4 gates up and running after the delay caused by the forge and cannon took way too long, and he could have easily gone into some sneaky tech path while I was afraid to move out since I didnt know what was happening(baneling bust, quick mutas, big army of lings just waiting for me to make a mistake). I feel like the best response would have been going into robo and pumping an observer right away, though if he had decided to push I dont know that 1 gateway would have been enough to hold it off.

What would be a general recommendation on a proper response to scouting an early pool and then not seeing an attack, especially since I walled myself in in response? Robo into fast colossus, 3 gate sentries and take down my pylon, stargate tech? I just know that what I actually did in response felt very poorly executed and like it wasnt the right thing to do at all, regardless of whether I won or not.

If you scout it fast 2gate is quite fine to holding it off and followed up with 4gate usually crushes him. Also if you got forge you just as well could expand easily with proper simcity. Doing one base robo for obs sound horrible. Some Protoss player correct me if I'm wrong. It just feels so long to get and what if you get to his base with Obs and he just expanded and made ton of drones while you are on one base with few gates and a robo?

Q8D3vil

IEM NY groups.
Group A
(T)SjoW
(Z)KiLLeR
(P)Attero
Korean
Ien
Group B
(T)Strelok
(T)qxc
(P)Gatored
Korean

Group C
(P)MaNa
(P)TT1
(T)Pokebunny
Korean

Group D
(P)elfi
(P)Axslav
(T)Edge
Korean
who do you think they are going to invite from Korea ?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Q8D3vil said:
IEM NY groups.

who do you think they are going to invite from Korea ?

IEM Guangzhou is first.. why they put those groups out I don't know

Group A:
Dennis 'HasuObs' Schneider (*)
Jared 'PiG' Krensel
Han-yu 'YHY' Yang
Lee Ho 'PuMa' Joon

Group B:
Dmytro 'DIMAGA' Filipchuk
Benjamin 'DeMusliM' Baker
Lei 'XiGua' Wang
Park Jin 'JYP' Young

Group C:
Samuli 'elfittaja' Sihvonen
Gregory A. 'IdrA' Fields
tba
Jonathan 'Jinro' Walsh

Group D:
Eugin 'Strelok' Oparyshev
Ethan 'iaguz' Zugai
Xing Biao 'Way' Zhu
Kim Dong 'RevivaL' Hyun

Mairu

HolyCheck said:
IEM Guangzhou is first.. why they put those groups out I don't know

Group A:
Dennis 'HasuObs' Schneider (*)
Jared 'PiG' Krensel
Han-yu 'YHY' Yang
Lee Ho 'PuMa' Joon

Group B:
Dmytro 'DIMAGA' Filipchuk
Benjamin 'DeMusliM' Baker
Lei 'XiGua' Wang
Park Jin 'JYP' Young

Group C:
Samuli 'elfittaja' Sihvonen
Gregory A. 'IdrA' Fields
tba
Jonathan 'Jinro' Walsh

Group D:
Eugin 'Strelok' Oparyshev
Ethan 'iaguz' Zugai
Xing Biao 'Way' Zhu
Kim Dong 'RevivaL' Hyun
because they revealed those groups a week ago?

jersoc

Corran Horn said:
http://www.splashtop.com/

Just came out today for HP touchpad. On sale for 5 dollars

well I bought, I might not need it. but my god it works. I can watch GSL anywhere with wifi now. holy balls.

edit:do you know if I can use this on android w/o rebuying it? I'll be getting a 4G phone with the nexus prime and that would make this god tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom