• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooraven

They're using the wrong version of Terminus. Hasu's pretty dead.

Edit: Apparently not, Dimaga not making corrupters or abusing the map :/

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Dimaga not making units at key late game points in 2 games. I don't understand. Is he just not having enough larva or missing his injects?
It looks like he threw them.

Like he watched P kill his base for 15 seconds before making units?

Mr Bitter slumping in his seat in shock lol

Dimaga's passive play cost him that series, and probably the tournament tbh; outside of Puma, there wasn't much in his path of winning if he had beaten Hasu. That Roach play was baffling. He kept getting big supply leads and doing nothing while Hasu expanded and macro'd up, then it was max supply v max supply. Jesus

Dooraven

Pumas macro is terrible, soo many supply blocks in that game 2, 100/100, 108/108, 121/121 ugh. It's no wonder why he never made it to code A.

Edit: and JYP is falling apart. His PvT is awful.

Q8D3vil

Dooraven said:
Pumas macro is terrible, soo many supply blocks in that game, 100/100, 108/108, 121/121 ugh. It's no wonder why he never made it to code A.

Edi: and JYP is falling apart.
i thought he stopped trying for code a since he joined code a. he became really good around that time so i don't know.

puma 111 jyp 2 times ?
awesome.

Mairu

puma's pretty much got the tournament in the bag

IPL 3 Open Qualifier Player List Released

Pretty underwhelming mostly, but I guess it's a combination of things that just led to a smaller player involvement for IPL. It being their first live event, IEM/MLG/Blizzcon going on at or around the same time, there already being a large amount of Koreans from the qualifier... It's not terrible, but I guess I just expected more. Event sounds like it should be ran extremely well though, so I look forward to watching what I can of the games next weekend.
someone other than myself should make the thread, though if no one wants to I'll find the time

Won 4 of my 6 matches today and i think they were all masters players. Maybe if i can actually go on a decent run i might finally get promoted.

Even used infestors against terran lol.

Q8D3vil

AdventureRacing said:
Won 4 of my 6 matches today and i think they were all masters players. Maybe if i can actually go on a decent run i might finally get promoted.

Even used infestors against terran lol.
i thought you were a cool zerg :(

Q8D3vil said:
i thought you were a cool zerg :(

He forced me. He went for a 4 rax rush (with a wall at the bottom of the ramp) and then he went into pure marine marauder. At the end of the game he said i was bad because i built roaches against terran.

I still don't know whether or not i really intend to build many infestors.

Q8D3vil

AdventureRacing said:
Are you still mostly going mech?
no i went back into normal play to equalize my ratio in tvz.
but i started going bio in tvp and its extremely hard so far (got tons of loses because of that :/)

V_Arnold

Q8D3vil said:
no i went back into normal play to equalize my ratio in tvz.
but i started going bio in tvp and its extremely hard so far (got tons of loses because of that :/)

I do not feel comfortable going full mech against P. Maybe lategame is okay, but I always start with Bio and start to pressure as soon as possible, delay exp as much as I can, and then add Sieges to the mix ASAP. Then, if they go chargelots, mass hellions! :D

Q8D3vil

V_Arnold said:
I do not feel comfortable going full mech against P. Maybe lategame is okay, but I always start with Bio and start to pressure as soon as possible, delay exp as much as I can, and then add Sieges to the mix ASAP. Then, if they go chargelots, mass hellions! :D
i tired hellions and it doesn't work, plus i rather waste 2 food on marauders rather than hellions (maybe if i found a refined build that includes bfh in the main build?)

Dooraven

Helions don't work, especially with the new nerf. Chargelots rip the crap out of Mech it's not even funny. Plus Warpin flanks everywhere.

SC2 Protoss was build from the ground up to counter Mech. Mech isn't really viable against Protoss tbh.

Dooraven said:
Helions don't work, especially with the new nerf. Chargelots rip the crap out of Mech it's not even funny. Plus Warpin flanks everywhere.

SC2 Protoss was build from the ground up to counter Mech. Mech isn't really viable against Protoss tbh.

Which is one of the most disappointing things about SC2 IMO. I love the matchup and BW and in general i just tend to find mech more interesting.

TvP in SC2 is in a pretty terrible state really. I can still enjoy watching it but it could be a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom