• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q8D3vil

Hugoboss21 said:
BW>Dota(2?) = SC2>LoL>HoN

IMO
you mean in terms of skill ?
i was just listening to naniwa 30 minute interview (while playing dark souls) and he said that wc3 is a joke compared to sc2 and bw. he also dissed grubby :lol

also, china is the best country when it comes to dota + dota related games and look how awful they are in sc2.
i would rather wait until dota 2 is released to judge how balanced and hard the game really is.

The skillset between a Dota-type game and an RTS only cross paths insofar as you're clicking things and moving units. Teamwork is non-existant in WC3/BW/SC2, but is essential in Dota-type games.

Holden

no as in fun and skillwise

if only skillwise:

BW>>>>>>Sc2>>Dota>HoN>LoL

Dota is a game requires alooooooooot less apm since you only have to control 1 unit ( 2-3 more depending on the heroes )

and yes i have played all those games ;/

how balanced and hard the game really is.

euhhhhhh its really hard to balance a game with 100 heroes, they are just heroes that are terrible ( sniper/techies/etc.) and the game is not that hard

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
LoL > Everything

Yeah I said it

hamchan

ShallNoiseUpon said:
The skillset between a Dota-type game and an RTS only cross paths insofar as you're clicking things and moving units. Teamwork is non-existant in WC3/BW/SC2, but is essential in Dota-type games.

Exactly. China is the best in the world at teamwork!

ShallNoiseUpon said:
The skillset between a Dota-type game and an RTS only cross paths insofar as you're clicking things and moving units.

Eh, bit of an exaggeration. There's similarities. Just like SC2, Dota-type games have incomplete information (fog of war), scouting (with wards etc.), gathering resources, choosing composition/upgrades, positioning, micro...

The main difference is the amount of multi-tasking. SC2 requires constant multi-tasking and checking the map. MOBAs require some multi-tasking too (ya can't be looking at only your hero), but much less.

Dooraven

I tend to stay clear of Dota games in general because of the awful community really. Dota and Lol are sometimes bearable but whenever I try to play HoN, it's nightmarish and I have to mute everything :(. Dominion is awesome though and it's only around 20 mins so it's not too bad.

ksan

Ikuu said:
Best Dota 2 team is from Europe.
Fixed that. There's a huge meta game difference in DotA and DotA 2 :p

Also Quake series>Everything else in terms of skill

and to put fuel on the flames:
HoN is the place where failed DotA players went to become the best.
and isn't LoL a console game?

both games are quite good, but I'm a dota-player!

Q8D3vil

this pic should be the beginning of dimaga meme

kuva_dimaga.jpg

In a few years the argument will be that SC2 is "easy" to play but hard as hell to master; the game offers tools that anyone can use, but so far few players are showing the true high class potential that's there. I agree with Artosis (lol) that we're going to see a day where the last two races are finally mastered, and it'll be scary; I feel Terran is so basic/similar to BW in terms of micro mechanics it has evolved a lot faster than the other two. There's going to come a day when some Zerg god won't be missing multiple injections, will spread creep everywhere, and tech switches will be so fast and hard to prepare for that many bitter tears will be shed. The savior is coming, we know not the day or time...but he's coming.

oh and someday Toss won't miss warp ins and shit

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
nilbog21 said:
holden talks a lot about bw skill, never actually having played melee outside of bgh
called the fuck out.

we need to go back to brood war for one gafnight. maybe on the year anniversary.

fanboi

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
Because multiple people have confirmed Biggie had a huge dick, and if Pac had a small one there could be the perception that much of his anger/inferiority complex towards Biggie/other rappers was due to that. Like a Napoleon type effect. And as a Pac fanboy I'm not ready to hear that shit

PhoenixDark, you should really stay in this thread... no one else understands you...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
when is bw anniversary

Holden

nilbog21 said:
holden talks a lot about bw skill, never actually having played melee outside of bgh

nigga i used to play with day9, bgh is tah shit

i'm sorry you are just bad at every game you play :)

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Pandaman said:
called the fuck out.

we need to go back to brood war for one gafnight. maybe on the year anniversary.
Well I was really bored and went through like 150~ pages....

MrMister
(12-08-2010, 07:47 AM)
MrMister said:
jl2tsp.png

Good morning fellow North American GAF members!

I figured since we've been talking about having a more organized SCII GAF night for a while now, I thought I would go ahead and act as a pain kick in the ass to get this going for real!
Starting tonight will be the first ever real unofficial GAF night at 6pm (9pm Eastern)! Why all this arbitrary bull? Because I'm hoping this will get us ahead of those EU GAF members thinking they're better at throwing an SCII party than us! And to show them we can pull it off in the middle of the week! ...and because I'm willing to invest a couple hours every Wednesday just to playing Starcraft II with you all, because I secretly love you. GAF nights for the North American region will start at 6pm PST (9pm EST) every Wednesday from here on out or until we break down from insanity. We will be doing team games, 1v1's with spectators, and maybe even custom games to break the mold. You're welcome to join and leave at anytime, this just acts as a guide for GAF to play together.

And that's not all, as a little treat for GAF members who are in EU or simply can't load SCII that night I will try to horribly attempt to stream all our games that night from my computer!
You can find the stream on my brand spanking new Ustream, or my revived Livestream! Since I can't stream to both at once I will let you guys know what I'll be using that night... depends on which streaming service gives me more problems. Also, if you'd like to join in streaming our GAF nights, please post so with a link to your stream and I'll add you into the posts I will be making every Wednesday.

Here's a TL;DR recap of the post:
Unofficial NA GAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays @ 6pm PST (9pm EST)
-Team Games
-Solo Games with Spectators
-Custom Maps
-Streams
--MrMister: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mrmister-live
--MrMister(alt): http://www.livestream.com/mrmisterlive

Well, I hope to see an abundance of NA Gaffers tonight, add me on SCII (MrMister#430) and I will invite you to any GAF chats that have begun (This will change once patch 1.2.0 comes out with Chat Channels), and those of you who can't attend watch the streams! See you then!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24800765&postcount=4931

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hey so I just downloaded SCII and I'm trying to active with the activation code but I don't know where it is.

edit: Nevermind, it's already attached. Cool beans

Corran Horn

Attacked 13 Ultras, 9 Roaches, 7 Infestors (full energy)

Only lost 6 supply.

BOSS MODE

Prior to battle
Lt8Pm.jpg

After battle
TZ1Z2.jpg

he was either move commanding or targeting my archons which were behind my zealots)

Yoshichan

Corran Horn

Yoshichan said:
Canceling worth 6k minerals?
Misread what he said before. He basically kept on trying to sneak tons of lings into my third base. Via 1 nydus and 2 run bys. I caught all of them.

Yoshichan

Corran Horn said:
Misread what he said before. He basically kept on trying to sneak tons of lings into my third base. Via 1 nydus and 2 run bys. I caught all of them.
Hahaha, embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom