• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morbid Angel said:
Jaedong, Bisu, Fantasy and Jangbi are going to Blizzcon :O

I'm guessing they want them to see the SC2 tournament, the huge crowds, the prize/trophy tournament, etc. They might play some showmatches too, but this strikes me as Blizzard giving them a glimpse of their future. How close or far away it will be is up to the

MrKnives

PhoenixDark said:
I'm guessing they want them to see the SC2 tournament, the huge crowds, the prize/trophy tournament, etc. They might play some showmatches too, but this strikes me as Blizzard giving them a glimpse of their future. How close or far away it will be is up to the

SC2 prizes are still nothing compared to their yearly salaries. I doubt they are after SC2. I could be wrong thouogh, I guess I just don't see Jaedong switching yet.

MrKnives said:
SC2 prizes are still nothing compared to their yearly salaries. I doubt they are after SC2. I could be wrong thouogh, I guess I just don't see Jaedong switching yet.

True but they're going to switch eventually. The BW market will not last another 3-4 years at the same level of popularity it has now. SC2 is still in young stages, but in terms of tournaments and gameplay. Once we see a Korean shift - for instance, a televised SC2 league - things will fall into place much faster. I think Blizzard screwed up by giving GOM a three year deal, which will keep SC2 off television unless GOM agrees another league can form (unlikely).

The foreigner scene is growing rapidly, perhaps too fast; meanwhile we're actually seeing some players and teams put actual emphasis into practicing, resulting in some impressive wins over Koreans. EG is leading the way right now, and will continue as they branch off into Korea. Imagine if EG's big news is that they're going to sponsor IM for instance, that would be huge.

fanboi

Banned
MrKnives said:

Well if you win several GSL in a row a la MVP then you have quite the cash

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
MrKnives said:
Yea but jaedong would win every gsl and match his old salary that way.

Holden

atleast dallas is the reason for a lot of free "hq" stream;;;

if all players go to providence :

H0cBH.png

wow being 1-4 seed helps you sooooooo much. Idra vs MC again...? Hopefully idra doesn't give up after doing so well lately like he did at the beg of this year T.T!

MrKnives

a176 said:
maybe you didnt watch mlg orlando

I watched MKP vs Haypro. He looked strong indeed.

His overall result in Orlando was 16. Amazing, I take back all my bad words about him. That's like whole 10 rankings better than Incontrol.

Holden

All he beat was TLO boxer and drewbie, only boxer was cool; TLO is his teammate and drewbie is just bad. No offense but that's not great, i still think he could be a great player ( unlike machine lol )

Sliver

What about this SC: Phoenix thing we've heard about? Maybe something to do with BW HD?

I seriously doubt Kespa would let any of those players touch SC2, but then again Blizzard and Kespa made up so who knows.

Holden

they wont go to sc2 untill BW is dead... Why become a big progamer of broodwar to drop it all to go to sc2 and be "worse" and win less money...?

jasonng

Update on Barcraft here in nyc since I was too trashed last night to do so. It was fun as fuck. I got to the bar in time for idra v bomber. Sat at the bar since I was by myself. Ended up talking to everyone around me. Guy next to me brought his wife and he was attempting to explain to her what's going on. He tells me he put money on these games. He made two bets with his coworkers: the first one is that Stephano doesn't make it to the finals, the other is that a foreigner wins the MLG. Fucking crazy, he even bought me an irish car bomb. I was so drunk by the finals that I was actually cheering for HuK. I know. The internet at the bar was terrible, so the stream quality was god awful. However it's definitely a different feeling when you're drinking with others while watching these matches.

An observation from last night: sc2 players are fucking terrible tippers. Since I was sitting at the bar, I rarely saw anyone even tip. Worked in my favor though, I tipped so the bartender took care of me. Got two beers and a shot on the house. That with the carbomb, I was gone. Work this morning was a train wreck. Definitely going to the next barcraft event for sure.

jasonng

Also, apparently DRG and some other players came to the barcraft event. This was way after the finals ended and I had already left. If I'd stayed I'd probably tell him that I know a guy that goes by the alias Corran who's stalking him.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
PhoenixDark said:
Why would Blizzard release an HD BW, or update it in any way? That would just breath even more life into it
So they can have an official brood war that doesn't have LAN.

BigAT

jasonng said:
Update on Barcraft here in nyc since I was too trashed last night to do so. It was fun as fuck. I got to the bar in time for idra v bomber. Sat at the bar since I was by myself. Ended up talking to everyone around me. Guy next to me brought his wife and he was attempting to explain to her what's going on. He tells me he put money on these games. He made two bets with his coworkers: the first one is that Stephano doesn't make it to the finals, the other is that a foreigner wins the MLG. Fucking crazy, he even bought me an irish car bomb. I was so drunk by the finals that I was actually cheering for HuK. I know. The internet at the bar was terrible, so the stream quality was god awful. However it's definitely a different feeling when you're drinking with others while watching these matches.

An observation from last night: sc2 players are fucking terrible tippers. Since I was sitting at the bar, I rarely saw anyone even tip. Worked in my favor though, I tipped so the bartender took care of me. Got two beers and a shot on the house. That with the carbomb, I was gone. Work this morning was a train wreck. Definitely going to the next barcraft event for sure.
Where in NYC did they have Barcraft going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom