• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hugo got banned... why? I don't see him post anywhere else besides in this thread.

Yoshichan said:
Hugo got banned... why? I don't see him post anywhere else besides in this thread.

Ok i feel kinda bad after what i said yesterday about blizzard, its true blizzard is taking alot of time to do the game even thow they don't seem the blizzcon tournament correcly. I'm gonna ask an admin so that they can ban me for a month. So ya i'm sorry, i'll spend that month not screwing around on the forum and practice. see you in month

from the last page

F#A#Oo

Banned
It's quite easy to dismiss the new units and spells for Zerg...

Zerg detection is now 100/200...and the spell is a one off according to reports...so if you want detection again you'll have to spawn another Viper...Blizzard will definately have to come up with another avenue for detection or remove the one-off ability.

Swarm Host is essentially what I'm already calling a "troll host"...because I really think Blizzard is trolling Zergs who want Lurkers...it's what I would make if I wanted to troll Zergs who cry for a Lurkers...lol I was laughing my ass of when I saw the uses Blizzard think it will be good for...

That being said a Viper+Infestor combo looks like it will tear a new asshole to Protoss/Terran balls...

For me the biggest change is the Baneling and Ultralisk changes those are truly massive...game changing by themselves without introducing these 2 new units...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Dooraven

Hydras are still going to get demolished by Colossi though (why the hell is this unit still in the game :/).

And the Viper sounds and looks badass, but I'm guessing abduct and Nexus Recall will be removed lol. Probably the replicanth too, I have no idea how they're going to balance the game with that stuff in.

Yoshichan

Dooraven said:
Hydras are still going to get demolished by Colossi though (why the hell is this unit still in the game :/).
Nah, with good micro, the hydra will be able to easily one-shot colossi when they're pulled towards with with the Viper.

Vipers are fucking broken, I said it. But then again, almost every new HotS-unit seems to be some kind of a single-player unit (in terms of imba-ness) :lol

edit: are they lowering the costs of hydras? Would they become too stupidly good if they were 75/50 instead of 100/50?

Yoshichan

MrKnives said:
Are we seriously arguing balance already? Pre-Beta. Ofc things will change
We're not arguing about anything... we're just having a fun discussing about the new units. It's almost impossible to have a discussion without the word "imba" or "broken", and it's part of the charm.

Dooraven

MrKnives said:

No lol, we're just discussing how potential changes would affect the game, obviously if something looks broken we'll say it looks broken. Kind of hard to have a discussion of a future product if we can't speculate lol, it's all good fun.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Dooraven said:
Hydras are still going to get demolished by Colossi though (why the hell is this unit still in the game :/)

Hydra is iconic...can't get rid of such a badass unit. >:{

The problem is Blizzard introduced the Roach and it's cutting in on the Hydra action early game...they also didn't make the transition from SC1 very well they ended up costing too much and there are very few situations where going Hydra is more cost-effective than going XX or XX. With no Lurker the Hydra also lost it's latter purpose as well...

It's actually embarassing but Blizzard knows what it needs to do but are refusing to bring back BW units... :D

MrKnives said:

arguing balance and SC go hand in hand...lol

Dooraven

F#A#Oo said:
Hydra is iconic...can't get rid of such a badass unit. >:{

The problem is Blizzard introduced the Roach and it's cutting in on the Hydra action early game...they also didn't make the transition from SC1 very well they ended up costing too much and there are very few situations where going Hydra is more cost-effective than going XX or XX. With no Lurker the Hydra also lost it's latter purpose as well...

It's actually embarassing but Blizzard knows what it needs to do but are refusing to bring back BW units... :D

arguing balance and SC go hand in hand...lol

I was talking about the colossi lol

:( Carriers

Yoshichan

Yeah I'm still sad about carriers... but it had to go :(

Yoshichan

FoxSpirit said:
The best balance: when every single unit looks imbalanced ;-)
That's the mentality Blizzard has for Diablo 3.

Too bad that's not the case with SC2 :(

a176

Banned
Hugoboss21 said:
Ok i feel kinda bad after what i said yesterday about blizzard, its true blizzard is taking alot of time to do the game even thow they don't seem the blizzcon tournament correcly. I'm gonna ask an admin so that they can ban me for a month. So ya i'm sorry, i'll spend that month not screwing around on the forum and practice. see you in month

if you're reading this hugo
dont believe the hype

fuck blizzard and fuck browder

the corrupter is STILL in the game, after all they've said about how they hate it and will remove it. even at the god damn panel kim was talking about this piece of shit unit

but instead they take out carrier?

and from http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/lkkzu/just_got_all_the_new_zerg_units_stats_armor_hp/

all these burrow units/spells that dont actually need burrow to be researched, wtf
remove crackling upgrade?
corrupter get-more-minerals spell? WTF DO THEY EVEN PLAY THIS GAME

Deadman

has anyone heard if the shredder is just vs ground or does it hurt muta too? if it does then im switching instantly.

also i was thinking more about the hydra, the speed upgrade might not be so bad. currently vs protoss even if you kill every colossus you still have to go roach because hydra are just too slow, now maybe you could kill all the colo and then do huge switch to hydra.

corruptor change is silly, just remove it. viper lets us ez counter colo anyway.

Dooraven

You're overreacting a bit a176, but yeah it seems to be becoming more and more command and conquer esque which isn't really a good thing.

has anyone heard if the shredder is just vs ground or does it hurt muta too? if it does then im switching instantly.

Targets both air and ground... how the hell are you supposed to kill it lol.

Yoshichan

Dooraven said:
Clearly zerg will need Brood Lords to deal with them!

lol

MrKnives

Dooraven said:
You're overreacting a bit a176, but yeah it seems to be becoming more and more command and conquer esque which isn't really a good thing.

Ask them nicely to come close to it disabling it ^^

a176 don't talk in absolutes, it's not as bad as you make it to be.
Pretty obvious things will change, I doubt the corrupter thing will survive to release, same for the thing that lets you see what they are researching.
Not every unit needs to be useful and it's always hard to say how things will work when pro's start using them.

Someone could say it's going more to C&C and someone can say they are giving more microable units which is only good. I don't think any unit survived from Alpha through Beta to Release unchanged in WotL

zoukka

a176 said:
if you're reading this hugo
dont believe the hype

fuck blizzard and fuck browder

the corrupter is STILL in the game, after all they've said about how they hate it and will remove it. even at the god damn panel kim was talking about this piece of shit unit

but instead they take out carrier?

and from http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/lkkzu/just_got_all_the_new_zerg_units_stats_armor_hp/

all these burrow units/spells that dont actually need burrow to be researched, wtf
remove crackling upgrade?
corrupter get-more-minerals spell? WTF DO THEY EVEN PLAY THIS GAME

Chill dude, the corruptor finally has an ability, that enables them to be of use outside of killing Colossi. Carriers were always a joke unit in SCII and even pros forgot to research the crackling upgrade for the longest time :b

Dooraven

zoukka said:
Chill dude, the corruptor finally has an ability, that enables them to be of use outside of killing Colossi. Carriers were always a joke unit in SCII and even pros forgot to research the crackling upgrade for the longest time :b

Ehh Carriers are a joke unit in SC2 because of the Colossus which means the viking and corrupter have to stay in their retarded forms. It's blizzards design problems that they keep on screwing up. Eg If the oracle doesn't detect I'm going to be annoyed.

F#A#Oo

Banned
MrKnives said:
I don't think any unit survived from Alpha through Beta to Release unchanged in WotL

That goes without saying...every unit starts off in it's conceptual form (which is always amazing) and eventually get nerfed to hell as balance reality hits home.

Dooraven said:
Ehh Carriers are a joke unit in SC2 because of the Colossus which means the viking and corrupter have to stay in their retarded forms. It's blizzards design problems that they keep on screwing up. Eg If the oracle doesn't detect I'm going to be annoyed.

So true...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0qXyUFPudw&feature=player_embedded

^^^video with Tony Hsu Starcraft 2 single player producer. Check out (4:20 mark) when asked if they consult with community or e-sports pros with regards to balance and the new units...the answer is "No" and lots of waffle...

I find it a bit ridiculous that even now Blizzard refuses to acknowledge the input that an outsider could potentially have on development..."WE GOT GRAND MASTERS IN-HOUSE 1!1!" "DAVID KIM!!! EOUGH SAID!"

syllogism

Keep the "community" as far away from development as possible, thanks. Beta is when you get opinions from pros anyway. Not to mention pros aren't exactly good designers, so they won't have a clue until they've, as a whole, used it enough to know how it will work in practice.

a176

Banned
syllogism said:
Keep the "community" as far away from development as possible, thanks. Beta is when you get opinions from pros anyway. Not to mention pros aren't exactly good designers, so they won't have a clue until they've, as a whole, used it enough to know how it will work in practice.

oh yah, blizzard are the bestest developers
cough, reaper

BigAT

Does anyone actually believe that Corruptor spell has any utility whatsoever? When was the last time you had Corruptors just chilling over buildings not getting attacked and able to just sit there and channel? It doesn't do enough damage to even be used as a harassment tactic. I just can't envision a single realistic game situation in which it would get used.

10 damage over 10 seconds, seriously?

syllogism

BigAT said:
Does anyone actually believe that Corruptor spell has any utility whatsoever? When was the last time you had Corruptors just chilling over buildings not getting attacked and able to just sit there and channel? It doesn't do enough damage to even be used as a harassment tactic. I just can't envision a single realistic game situation in which it would get used.

10 damage over 10 seconds, seriously?
Why would you currently have corruptors chilling over buildings doing nothing? Where do you people come up with this stuff? The ability could very well be worthless, but the point isn't to do damage, but to siphon minerals

BigAT

syllogism said:
Why would you currently have corruptors chilling over buildings doing nothing? Where do you people come up with this stuff? The ability could very well be worthless, but the point isn't to do damage, but to siphon minerals
That's my point. Why would you really have Corruptors anywhere near buildings to make use of this? It seems like a bad ability added to a bad unit.

syllogism

BigAT said:
That's my point. Why would you really have Corruptors anywhere near buildings to make use of this? It seems like a bad ability added to a bad unit.
Because then you would be siphoning minerals ???? Better than idling around doing nothing

F#A#Oo

Banned
syllogism said:

The community has the ability to make better maps and units than Blizzard...

In my view it's an untapped resource...when I saw the new maps yesterday they were so "meh" and generic looking...

Like-wise the new units are also uninspiring aesthetically especially the Terran...

MrKnives

I do have to agree with syllogism. Keep the community as far from devolepment as you can. 100 different users with 100 different opinions.

FoxSpirit

Any restreams at the moment?

MrKnives said:
I do have to agree with syllogism. Keep the community as far from devolepment as you can. 100 different users with 100 different opinions.
They get plenty of feedback anyway, it's not as if the community has been anything but vocal.

V_Arnold

syllogism said:
Because then you would be siphoning minerals ???? Better than idling around doing nothing

Also, you can finally GAIN something once you destroy your opponent's whole air army with corruptors and then he thinks he can just switch down to whatever ground army he wants. Now, corruptors will be a serious deal then,one that can/should/might threaten the whole economy if they are left to be siphoning all day long, with 10-15+ more corruptors. Sounds like a good spell to me.

I do think the new corrupter ability is useless, maybe not as useless as corruption but still... meh

I wish they get rid of the unit altogether but since blizz somehow loves the colossus and wont get rid of it, I don't see it going anywhere.

MrKnives

TheThunder said:
I do think the new corrupter ability is useless, maybe not as useless as corruption but still... meh

I wish they get rid of the unit altogether but since blizz somehow loves the colossus and wont get rid of it, I don't see it going anywhere.

But we don't need it anymore. We have this now

zombies-in-video-games-photo-u17.jpg

Cast few clouds and snatch those babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom