• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

jasonng said:
If Vipers can give spine crawlers detection, I would flip a lid. That would probably be broken though.
Meh I don't see why it would be broken. You could easily have a spore or Overseer around the time the Viper will be coming out.

jasonng

cdyhybrid said:
Meh I don't see why it would be broken. You could easily have a spore or Overseer around the time the Viper will be coming out.
You would spend one less drone on an early evo chamber and one less drone on a spore purely for detection. Fast lair will make DT harasses moot.

MrKnives

jasonng said:
You would spend one less drone on an early evo chamber and one less drone on a spore purely for detection. Fast lair will make DT harasses moot.

Why not make a Queen as a detector. It hangs out in mineral lines anyway. That you can do for sure.
Or overlord and put it over a hatchery? Take into account Viper is 200 gas :>

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Art & Technology on right now. Discussing the detail of the new HotS units.

MrKnives

q4I3on.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So that's how this game's supposed to look like from my marines perspective

jasonng

MrKnives said:
Why not make a Queen as a detector. It hangs out in mineral lines anyway. That you can do for sure.
Or overlord and put it over a hatchery? Take into account Viper is 200 gas :>
Queen loses to 1 DT, let alone more. There goes your detector. Overlord speed takes a while to get so you're screwed if it's not placed right. Then again, one spine with detection can't protect your whole base. Hmm...

Yoshichan

Old SC2 footage (pre-alpha) and progression throughout the years:

gCqOY.jpg

2V2aK.jpg

FpNje.jpg

juBgy.jpg

gErhV.jpg

Yoshichan

They're completely revamping the physics ingame (lots of ragdoll on the marines)

Also, creep now goes inside buildings and shit:

I134c.jpg

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Simple question guys :

My brother bought SC2 retail today so we could play together(Canada here), but he did the mistake of buying the EU version and its now linked to his Battle.net account.

Is there a way to change his SC2 region from EU to NA? Maybe simply contacting Blizzard by email or something?

fanboi

Banned
Bisnic said:
Simple question guys :

My brother bought SC2 retail today so we could play together(Canada here), but he did the mistake of buying the EU version and its now linked to his Battle.net account.

Is there a way to change his SC2 region from EU to NA without having to download the whole client from Battle.net?

Nope.

You need an account for NA.

Yoshichan

fanboi said:
Just like you in our community!
:(... you mean the creep-stuff...?

I'll leave if you want ;_;...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
fanboi said:
Nope.

You need an account for NA.

Can't he simply contact Blizzard and ask them to change the region? No way he's gonna buy the same game twice just to change region.

Yoshichan

Bisnic said:
Can't he simply contact Blizzard and ask them to change the region? No way he's gonna buy the same game twice just to change region.
This was a huge deal in this thread (and the whole Internet) when it was first announced... but it's old now :/ And still stupid.

Yoshichan

fanboi said:
Me ♥ You
Yeah but I have a feeling everyone else... ... ... :(

MrKnives

Bisnic said:

I actually think he can. I remember hearing they can/will change it ONE time. If he then changes his mind, too bad.

HotS NOT a full price.

nilbog21

Banned
Hugoboss21 said:
Ok i feel kinda bad after what i said yesterday about blizzard, its true blizzard is taking alot of time to do the game even thow they don't seem the blizzcon tournament correcly. I'm gonna ask an admin so that they can ban me for a month. So ya i'm sorry, i'll spend that month not screwing around on the forum and practice. see you in month

Respect.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Guys Im about to go crazy. Spent like 6 hours dealing with these photos on my mom's old iphone trying to transfer them over and then deleting them.

I FUCKING HATE ITUNES/IOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek:

*logs into sc2 to rage out on ladder*

Striek

Was just watching some of the blizzcon unit panel stuff, all their changes to terran seem designed to make it realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly easy to 1a a really powerful, more mobile mech army.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Reading reddit and incontrol arguing is funny.

BZhwo.png

I literally think a lot of you are children. Like 12 year old children. I practice 10+ hours a day. I haven't been going to the gym because I am so obsessed with practicing. I eat 1-2 meals a day because I don't want to get away from practice. I then have been sleeping 4-6 hours a night. I force myself, so that I don't literally have ANOTHER breakdown to play 1-2 hours of other games cause I love games and they are what allow me to calm down. I have had Deus Ex 3 since the day it was released and I STILL haven't beaten it because I play it 1-2 hours every week.
I get it. You guys hate me cause I lose at MLG. Fine. But fuck you. Fuck you in your clueless ass. I actually do a lot of things besides MLG and it includes winning, helping others win, growing my team/this sport and reaching new people. What do you do? Exactly. Shut the fuck up.

good point. "hard practice" means doing nothing but sc2 right? Nah, spending literally a minute to respond to emails/PM's and twitter between one of my 40 games that day does not mean I don't practice hard. And stop talking about shit you think happens because you read about a romanticized version of what practice in korea is. THEY DO THE SAME STUFF I DO. I KNOW CAUSE I ACTUALLY HAVE BEEN THERE/TRAIN WITH KOREANS. YOU DON'T.

IIMME.png

other stuff
sometimes reddit can go fuck itself. It must be nice being able to basically respond to my every thought / emotion. It must be nice getting to mock everything I do because everything I do is on blast and in the public eye. Doesn't matter. I will keep trying to win. I will keep trying to do well and if reddit wants to be the place where husky cartoons make jokes about how bitter and ugly it is here great. Meanwhile I will keep trying to spread SC2 and make this game great for myself and everyone else around me.

Living the dream

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
My info might be off and its probably on a wiki somewhere
Pandaman said:
But if there's only one locust per host at any time... doesn't that hosts really really bad? Like stim, kill locust and hosts are helpless for 15 seconds, bad?
2 per 25s that last 15s
110 hp 14 damage, melee, marine attack rate

200/100 cost
jasonng said:
If Vipers can give spine crawlers detection, I would flip a lid. That would probably be broken though.
For some reason I thought this was only temporary? Might be me not focusing on it that much since I only cared about dragging burrowed hosts around which was funny.

Tntnnbltn

Hazaro said:
For some reason I thought this was only temporary? Might be me not focusing on it that much since I only cared about dragging burrowed hosts around which was funny.
I was under the impression that it is a once-only permanent spell.

Edit: "Flying zerg unit that has a one time use ability to target an unit and grant him permanent detection."

So yeah. Would you really want to use your one-time ability on a spine crawler? If you wanted another one it would be 200 gas.

Striek

Meh, Incontrol needs to recognise hes probably peaked physically/mentally anyway. His best results are behind him. But people shouldn't give him shit if he wants to keep trying and his sponsors are willing to pay for it. But by all means give MLG shit for a crappy system that keeps him in the pools (changed next year, phew).

Continuing on the blizzcon panel commentary, protoss got royally fucked over with the lack of any new crucial (ground) unit, particularly since they've deliberately buffed terran/zerg to deal with the current protoss units. Terran already has by far the most and they got 2-4 more depending on how you look at it. Also the dumbest looking harass unit in the game with the oracle (bonus, PFs will probably nullify them anyway lol).

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Tntnnbltn said:
I was under the impression that it is a once-only permanent spell.
The only thing I can say with certainty is that the shredders is bullshit. 20 DPS diameter of 6 range, 180hp. What? Whaaaaaaaaaat?

Also the AoE on 'dark swarm' is smaller than fungal so it is kind of ass except for any super late game scenario.

Protoss gets to deny mining AOE FOR 45 seconds. Early game is 'buffed' with the 15 second anti light cannon. 75 energy for nexus recall is pure bullshit.
Replicating a unit can be done via sight (aka obs over terran - ghosts or siege tanks). So now Protoss has EMP. Scary.

Love the changes coming.

Striek

Shredder wont make it in like that. That DPS+range is sick. Honestly who knows though because the absolute last thing terran needed was another way to defend expansions/chokes.

The defensive nexus ability only last 15 seconds? I honestly thought it was permanent. 15 seconds, only does full damage to light units...need 50 energy, honestly don't see that doing dick for early game defense even if you have the energy saved up. Although if you put a pylon behind a mineral line and the opponent doesn't react it could be ok...for 15 seconds?

Recall will be so gooooood though. Unsure of the replicator. I really doubt you want seige tanks at 200/200 a pop. If you stolen ghost comes with full energy it'll be good to cloak and emp the opponents. Otherwise nothing outside of the banshee makes sense at that cost.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I didn't check if they detect. Don't think so.
MrKnives said:
Hazaro you played it? How was it?

Also in a scale from 0 to 10 how useless the Swarm Host felt?
I mucked around only for a little while. P and Z, barely able to tolerate they shitty SC II M+KB+Headset and Default game speed vs AI.
Person next to me was T.

I'd say some units may seem useless up front, but I'm positive everything will work out over time. The more overpowered units the better. I'd currently say if only the Host was added today, 8 uselesses out of 10 on most game scenarios. However, I can see them being strong harassment and late game type units.
Striek said:
Shredder wont make it in like that. That DPS+range is sick. Honestly who knows though because the absolute last thing terran needed was another way to defend expansions/chokes.

The defensive nexus ability only last 15 seconds? I honestly thought it was permanent. 15 seconds, only does full damage to light units...need 50 energy, honestly don't see that doing dick for early game defense even if you have the energy saved up. Although if you put a pylon behind a mineral line and the opponent doesn't react it could be ok...for 15 seconds?

Recall will be so gooooood though. Unsure of the replicator. I really doubt you want seige tanks at 200/200 a pop. If you stolen ghost comes with full energy it'll be good to cloak and emp the opponents. Otherwise nothing outside of the banshee makes sense at that cost.
I don't believe Shredders will be in, in the current state. They have a clause where no friendly units can be nearby, but 180hp seems far too much.
20 to light 5 to armor I heard. It is 25 energy now, needs Gateway.
I think the replicated unit comes with all upgrades / current status as the target? I'm not positive on this.
Goliath replacement is a nerfed thor AA + diamond back projectile with 260hp or so. Hellions transform from 80hp 5 range units to 125/145? hp 1.9 range units. The splash looks graphically to have more of a cone, but it is incredibly small.
Looks to just be in there to soak damage.

Dooraven

Striek said:

You really need to think about this a bit more. 1 gate FE will now become the standard build in all TvP because a 2 rax won't kill it anymore, just mass zealots and sentries and hug your nexus.

All of the new protoss units seem incredibly gas heavy, and protoss requires a lot of gas as it is so we'll see.

Striek

Did you try the new thor Hazard? As good as they made it sound in the panel?
Dooraven said:
You really need to think about this a bit more. 1 gate FE will now become the standard build in all TvP because a 2 rax won't kill it anymore, just mass zealots and sentries and hug your nexus.

All of the new protoss units seem incredibly gas heavy, and protoss requires a lot of gas as it is so we'll see.
I'd argue you need to think about it.

If it only lasts 15 seconds, then for 50 energy you're delaying your chronoboost on important things as a tradeoff for delaying the attack 15 seconds (at best, though it wont stop bunkers/marauders all that well). At 25 energy, its a different story.

So i decided i'm going to switch to protoss for a while. Anybody on here have some builds that i can start off using?

I played about 12 games and won 4 or 5 i think. I really struggled against terran and didn't know what i was doing. I tried going early stalker pressure with 2 quick gates but they all responded with either bunkers or marauders and shut it down.

One guy went for a 111 and i almost stopped it.

Anyway any tips would be welcome.

Zzoram

incontrol has a massive ego which is why he gets so enraged by people criticizing him online

he keeps responding to them too, only perpetuating the cycle

Dooraven

Striek said:
Did you try the new thor Hazard? As good as they made it sound in the panel?

I'd argue you need to think about it.

If it only lasts 15 seconds, then for 50 energy you're delaying your chronoboost on important things as a tradeoff for delaying the attack 15 seconds (at best, though it wont stop bunkers/marauders all that well). At 25 energy, its a different story.

15 seconds is quite a lot lol, Delaying the warp gate for 20 seconds for example screwed up protoss early game quite a bit. Also it's apparently 25 energy and lasts 20 seconds.

http://twitter.com/#!/djtyrant/status/127434535238500352/photo/1

I'm predicting 1 gate FE to be standard in all PvT matchups after this.

And if they get the Replicant right, it's going to be one of the most highest skilled units in the game.

Q8D3vil

Striek said:
Was just watching some of the blizzcon unit panel stuff, all their changes to terran seem designed to make it realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly easy to 1a a really powerful, more mobile mech army.
lol 1a ?
i can see mech as viable option in tvp now which is awesome.

Q8D3vil

Dooraven said:
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/llugs/hots_hands_on_impressions_from_master_toss/

Seems like Fleet Beacon Tech is even more useless in HOTS than in WoL, why are they designing a unit just for one specific situation?
once again protoss are not realizing the big picture, the new mechanics will help protoss catch up in a macro game with a zerg because they can harass and expand (like terran) against zerg.
if they want to keep doing 2 base timing pushes they might as quit the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom