• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Shredders + Planetary <3

Do we know if Shredder hits air?

nilbog21

Banned
MrKnives said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG6rKpiKJZ4
MKP vs Stephano spoilers!

Stephano setup in ESWC. He can hear the french caster and he is the only player who understands what they are saying. I know he had headphones and game sounds probably but this kinda setup for 25k 1st place tournament?

I don't doubt stephano's skill but this is bullshit.

Edit: Added spoiler warning

Ha thats a pretty sick setup tho, despite not having booths. and im sure they are using sound proof headphones. Stephano is definitely not the cheater type and would say something if he could hear things

Dooraven

It'll definitley get adjusted. Though I still don't understand Blizzards ideas of giving shredders to the most defensive and turtlish race in the game

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Dooraven said:
Stephano 2-0 MarineKing.

ESWC is proving to be quite fun.
I keep telling everyone Stephano is sick good. Like soso good. Nestea>Stephano>Losira
Yoshichan said:
Shredders + Planetary <3

Do we know if Shredder hits air?
It won't fire if there are any friendly units near it, so unless you mean 2 on the perimeter then...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hazaro said:
It won't fire if there are any friendly units near it, so unless you mean 2 on the perimeter then...
That's exactly what I mean :p What's the cost of them? And what tech does it require?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yoshichan said:
That's exactly what I mean :p What's the cost of them? And what tech does it require?
150/150. Not sure, factory?

Like if you drop it with a medivac you need to move the medivac out of the way.

zargle

perryfarrell said:
What do you guys think the HotS release date is? I know they didn't say, but what's the best quess? Mid 2012 or even later?

I seem to recall them saying that the beta would be out in months, not years, so I would think mid to late 2012.

cdyhybrid

Hazaro said:
I keep telling everyone Stephano is sick good. Like soso good. Nestea>Stephano>Losira

What about DRG?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Q8D3vil said:
toss is very dominant early game and late game :/
check this video.

this is due to that video:

notperfectbutiwonallmyprotossmatches.jpg

its not perfect but i won all my protoss matches

thanks man

Dooraven

Hazaro said:
Whoops I knew I forgot someone not on IM.
His ZvT is good. I'm not sure but he is up there.

To be honest I think EU Zergs are in general better than KR Zergs. Still waiting on a ZvZ with Nestea v Dimaga/Stephano/Nerchio to prove that (I mean recently lol), they seem to skip the ling baneling crap thats keeping KR ZvZ so stale.

cdyhybrid

Dooraven said:
To be honest I think EU Zergs are in general better than KR Zergs. Still waiting on a ZvZ with Nestea v Dimaga/Stephano/Nerchio to prove that (I mean recently lol), they seem to skip the ling baneling crap thats keeping KR ZvZ so stale.
Nestea pretty much always goes Roaches, although maybe that's why he never loses :p

Dooraven

cdyhybrid said:
Nestea pretty much always goes Roaches, although maybe that's why he never loses :p

Yeah I keep on facepalming whenever his opponents go ling baneling all the time against him. He always goes roaches in ZvZ.

I don't like early roaches in ZvZ, i feel like ling/bling at the start is a much better opening.

Q8D3vil said:
you need to figure out the pressure timings and terran bio will be like a joke to you.
only Koreans right now (including select) can play perfect bio and every terran (diamond and above) i know hate going into late game tvp.

It might take me a while to learn those sort of things. Need a decent terran to practice against ;).

ghst

thanks for the laugh
incontrol down 0 - 2 in a showmatch with minigun (by all accounts, an entry level pro gamer).

minigun is off-racing as zerg.

this says everything about balance and nothing about the quality of the players.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
ghst said:
incontrol down 0 - 2 in a showmatch with minigun (by all accounts, an entry level pro gamer).

minigun is off-racing as zerg.

this says everything about balance and nothing about the quality of the players.
Cant wait for incontrol to say he tried hard, learned a few things, and will improve/practice more.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Corran Horn said:
Wow minigun had like almost a 100 food lead there for a bit and still lost :/
it was 7 base vs. 3 in minigun's favour when he suicided his army and gg'd.

he could be the next nestea.

Deadman

From reading reddit it seems that a change no one noticed in hots is that pylons on low ground do not give power to the high ground, even with vision. Cant make buildings, cant warp units in.

Corran Horn

Deadman said:
From reading reddit it seems that a change no one noticed in hots is that pylons on low ground do not give power to the high ground, even with vision. Cant make buildings, cant warp units in.
! Fuuuuuuuu

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Pandaman said:
People who think oracles will be great in pvz do not deserve to win another pvz. Ever.
if you can replicate drones i think itll be the goddamn shit

zerg macro with protoss tech? oh my!

Dooraven

-COOLIO- said:
if you can replicate drones i think itll be the goddamn shit

zerg macro with protoss tech? oh my!

Oracle's can't replicate, you're thinking of the replicant.

Anyway the oracle will be useful for some all ins (it can shut down a zergs entire tech for 45 seconds) and VR oracle openings will be pretty good too but Entomb will be completley useless.

Whats going to affect PvZ much much more is the recall on the nexus and the arc sheild

Vaporak

Pandaman said:
People who think oracles will be great in pvz do not deserve to win another pvz. Ever.

Apparently the mineral shield can be destroyed in ~2 seconds by 16 workers; "no workers died, but your economy certainly has been raided", thanks Blizzard, but I think you got it backwards which economy got hurt by the Oracle. >.>

Corran Horn

Vaporak said:
Apparently the mineral shield can be destroyed in ~2 seconds by 16 workers; "no workers died, but your economy certainly has been raided", thanks Blizzard, but I think you got it backwards which economy got hurt by the Oracle. >.>
Dont worry. Reapers can regen health now!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Vaporak said:
Also the whole hahA u can only mine four fields vs a race that is never saturated on minerals.

Yoshichan

Deadman said:
This is 99% not true.

Dooraven

Corran Horn said:
Minigun kills incontrols main base and lets game go long term to lose it...

Meh, he's a protoss player playing Zerg, most of his games probably don't go into the late game, whats shameful for incontrol is that the score is curently at 3-3

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Do you guys think it is always better to build an expansion in your main base and then lift it off to where you want it? You know, rather than sending an SCV to build it right where you want it.

Yoshichan

Tashi0106 said:
Do you guys think it is always better to build an expansion in your main base and then lift it off to where you want it? You know, rather than sending an SCV to build it right where you want it.
Not always but definitely most of the times, yeah.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Yoshichan said:
Not always but definitely most of the times, yeah.
Ok thanks.

I have another question. Are there tactics that the top players use that wouldn't necessarily work against nooby players? Like, in Halo I expect a certain level of play from my opponent, a certain style almost. And sometimes the players are so nooby they do things that are unexpected because high level players don't.

I ask this because I'm cautious about watching high level players and adopting their techniques and having them not work against others players as nooby as I am. Bronze league.

hamchan

Tashi0106 said:
If you think you can hold that spot then go for it. Saves you the time that it takes to lift off and fly there.

Tashi0106 said:
Ok thanks.

I have another question. Are there tactics that the top players use that wouldn't necessarily work against nooby players? Like, in Halo I expect a certain level of play from my opponent, a certain style almost. And sometimes the players are so nooby they do things that are unexpected because high level players don't.

I ask this because I'm cautious about watching high level players and adopting their techniques and having them not work against others players as nooby as I am. Bronze league.

Expect the unexpected in bronze and silver league. Mass units (mass muta, mass hellions, etc), miscellaneous rushes (Carrier rush, BC rush), various turtle, etc. Honestly, this is something you learn to deal with with experience. Don't sweat it though; you cannot go lower than bronze so it is a good place to learn.

BigAT

Tashi0106 said:
Ok thanks.

That's the case with Starcraft as well in certain situations. Pros definitely shape their tactics around the expectation that the other player is playing like a pro.

The main difference between the pro level and bronze is that pro players' builds are often focused much more on economy. They are much quicker to build expansions and more workers where lower level players are more likely to stay on one base. This could potentially hurt you if you were too greedy economically and unprepared for a one-base all-in.

This is the exception for the most part though. I would definitely recommend checking out some pro's build order and trying to work it into your game. I think the best way to learn early on is to find a build order you like decently, then use that over and over again until you're comfortable with it. Just don't try to focus on some fancy micro maneuver that you see a pro player do, there are much more important aspects of your game that need to be refined before you start worrying about this stuff.

I would also recommend scouting as much as you can in bronze. There is weird shit there that you won't see in higher leagues, but if you're prepared for it you can deal with it easily once you know how to react.

Vaporak

Tashi0106 said:
Ok thanks.

While that exists to an extent, a bigger issue would be you trying to copy a pro's strategy while not having the skills to pull it off safely and just dieing over and over again. Pro builds are often crafted to have just barely enough units, in the hands of a pro, to get the job done while maximizing economy and tech. I'd stick to overly safe builds while you're learning the basics.

Q8D3vil

Dooraven said:
It'll definitley get adjusted. Though I still don't understand Blizzards ideas of giving shredders to the most defensive and turtlish race in the game
the whole idea of shredders is that terran army is the slowest (bio tank) so shredders is suppose to be the new anti counters and defend late game far expo's (TvZ).
they will be adjusted but keep in mind that they won't be useful in tvp since they don't overlap and protoss have huge health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom