• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yehaa! SlayersBoxer just qualified for Code A, winning his last PvT match with 2:0! And guess who recorded the games :p

Serru.png

MrKnives

Wait. They demoted Devil to Junior? Harsh. Why not just ban him?
Not saying they should! Just that weird getting demoted to Junior

fanboi

Banned
MrKnives said:
Wait. They demoted Devil to Junior? Harsh. Why not just ban him?
Not saying they should! Just that weird getting demoted to Junior

Why hating on the MSN?

EDIT:

You BW fanatics:

iJhwg.png

How big CAN this be?

EDIT2: Jinbro, Chinbro looks... good on his stream... nice games from him.

MrKnives

fanboi said:
Why hating on the MSN?

EDIT:

You BW fanatics:

iJhwg.png

How big CAN this be?

I can see some B team practicing SC2 but I doubt the real pro's will switch. I mean they have Flash and no way in hell he switches unless tommorrow is announced that all bw games stop now.

BigAT

Holden banned, Devil demoted. All the big hitters are getting taken out.

More like committing suicide, but whatever.

Q8D3vil

BigAT said:
Holden banned, Devil demoted. All the big hitters are getting taken out.

More like committing suicide, but whatever.
lol, hugo asked to be banned but i didn't ask to be demoted.
apparently any bad talk about uncharted will get you in big trouble here >_>

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I still don't think there's any chance D3vil got demoted for talking about shit about Uncharted.

Just no way.

ultron87

Damn, I hate Group Stages.

Kind of crazy that you can go from Code S straight to "Code B" by losing a group and then your next series.

And there's no Code A Champion at all anymore?

Deadman

ultron87 said:

Kind of crazy that you can go from Code S straight to "Code B" by losing a group and then your next series.

Especially when you look at groups a and d for example. Mma, yugioh, mc, ryung and clide, huk, july, puzzle. All great players. One player from each of those will have to come 4th and then their game to survive can be against people like forgg, boxer, alicia, thestc and lots of other really good people.

Q8D3vil

ultron87 said:

it sucks super hard for code s players because they can make good money from just advancing from the group stage but right now it really sucks for them.
i understand that gom want more P and Z in code s but the better solution was waiting for 2012 and put a new format all together or even start from scratch (64 man tournament).

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Hmm so foreign players get seeded into the up and downs right away? Thats pretty good.

I dont like group play in the 2nd round of code s. First round it is fine though.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Idont like how you can drop out so quickly though :/

I dont like how Code S players can disappear so quickly after being in a finals the previous season

fanboi

Banned
Q8D3vil said:
i just listened to sotg and i'm not surprised that everyone is fucking dumb (its a sitcom anyway).

so i just checked and apparently
protoss upgrades cose = terran upgrade cost

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Engineering_Bay
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Forge

so yeah, blizzard are buffing protoss straight away without a reason, what a fucking joke.

you have a problem with P =/= all terrans do

Also, why havent you added me on msn? teaser.

EDIT: Oh wait, missed the req ^^

Mairu

Deadman said:
NO.

The fact that belshir was really pretty is the only thing it had going for it :(
I really liked the beach tileset, pretty disappointed they got rid of it

I'm very happy they got rid of all the gold bases though ;p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
what the hell happened to bel'shir?

Q8D3vil

so those are the maps forgg was talking about.
metalopolis is out and crossfire is still there, what a joke.
anyway if a map doesn't favor terran there is 80% chance that it won't favor toss too.

mr chae hate terran so much.

syllogism

A pretty horrible system due to sc2 and group pick variance. Perhaps it will be decent enough once code S group stages are BO3. As it is, losing two BO1s can put you back into code A ro48 immediately. Awful.

I suppose getting back will be easier too, but it's still not a good system

Mairu

syllogism said:
A pretty horrible system due to sc2 and group pick variance. Perhaps it will be decent enough once code S group stages are BO3. As it is, losing two BO1s can put you back into code A ro48 immediately. Awful.

I suppose getting back will be easier too, but it's still not a good system
I'm also hoping they revise it a little bit more for next year. I realize they needed some drastic changes to make it more difficult to stay in Code S but seeing players go from Code S to Code B in two bo1s and one bo3 makes me kind of nervous for some of the players. I'll also probably miss Code A semis & finals as they generally were pretty good and consistently entertaining. I guess we should be seeing more good games though as some of the decent but not top Code S players end up having to plow their way back through Code A after not placing in the ro8.

I won't be surprised if Tastosis ends up casting even less if there's an afternoon + evening Code S now for the ro32 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom