• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

a176

Banned
which 2 of these maps should i submit to TL map contest ?

CD31l.jpg

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=279082

Nx3jS.jpg

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=270879

Kgzuj.jpg

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=222760

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
syllogism said:
A pretty horrible system due to sc2 and group pick variance. Perhaps it will be decent enough once code S group stages are BO3. As it is, losing two BO1s can put you back into code A ro48 immediately. Awful.

I suppose getting back will be easier too, but it's still not a good system
Maybe I'm too set in the old mindset where a large amount of Code S players didn't deserve to be in Code S.

A group stage Bo3 might fix this, but that is just so much more content. Maybe have Code S be pool play with larger pools than 4 people?

ultron87

Hazaro said:
Maybe I'm too set in the old mindset where a large amount of Code S players didn't deserve to be in Code S.

A group stage Bo3 might fix this, but that is just so much more content. Maybe have Code S be pool play with larger pools than 4 people?

The previous system where only 8 people from Code S went into the Up and Down matches made it too easy to stay in. But this seems a bit like overkill in the opposite direction.

I do like that we'll see more games from Code S caliber players each season since people will naturally fall down and then have to keep fighting in Code A. It used to be pretty lame if your favorite player got 3rd in his group and then didn't play for the rest of the month.

Edit: I guess I'd be fine with it if not for the fact that losing 4 games can insta drop you out of the GSL from Code S.

Dooraven

@a176 Shurik'n is really really really good so definitley add that. Between Vallins and Serpentis I'm not too sure, but Vallis is extremely unique so I'd go with that instead of serpentis.

jasonng

jasonng said:
Happy belated Aylinato, why didnt you celebrate such a joyous occasion with us on gaf night!?
And Happy belated WedgeX! WTF why didnt you tell us your birthday was the day before his! And sup with your parents getting freaky around the same time every year!

jasonng

I am officially one league away from Panda. I still haven't forget the day I lost to him in the first Neogaf Tourney. My revenge will come soon and all the dirt ponies will band together and rejoice.

WedgeX

Banned
a176 said:

#2 looks neat.

#3 falls into that symmetry trap of having a swastika in the middle.

jasonng said:
And Happy belated WedgeX! WTF why didnt you tell us your birthday was the day before his!

Thanks, yo. I rarely mention it, don't kn

jasonng said:
And sup with your parents getting freaky around the same time every year!

Oh.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
"We just tried calling you regarding the WCG USA Grand Final tournament. I just want to clear up some details which I don't think I made clear in my previous emails. As you know you will be required to pay for your own flight, lodging, food, expenses etc, but on-top of that WCG is also requiring that the USA Representative pay a mandatory $1,500 player fee just to enter the tournament. In this past this was covered by WCG USA, but since such drastic budget cuts were made, it is simply no longer possible for that to be waived. This trip is basically going to put you out something like $4,000 when all the necessary expenses are added up."

LOL.

LOLOL

Q8D3vil

mr. puppy said:
wow they removed gold from all the gsl maps?
to fix tvt mech vs bio
mech can't lose to bio according to artosis but look what happened in last finals.

i like the no gold. gold always felt gimmicky

also, gratz for jason for making it into diamond :D
we should practice together now :D

hamchan

Q8D3vil said:
to fix tvt mech vs bio
mech can't lose to bio according to artosis but look what happened in last finals.

i like the no gold. gold always felt gimmicky

also, gratz for jason for making it into diamond :D
we should practice together now :D

Bleh Artosis is wrong. Bio should win against mech when it's played like MMA with his constant drops and hit and run tactics.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
867-5309 said:
Earlier today I had this conversation with my roomate:
Me: "There's no good protoss streams on."
Him: "Does Artosis stream anymore?"
Me: "I said 'good' protoss."

Still gonna watch bc Im BORED.
I enjoy his commentary of the games. Even if he is just masters level.

zargle

Corran Horn said:
I enjoy his commentary of the games. Even if he is just masters level.

Me too, thats why Im watching right now. I just like to poke fun.

Edit: There's nothing better than seeing Artosis lose an Artosis pylon.

Q8D3vil

hamchan said:
Bleh Artosis is wrong. Bio should win against mech when it's played like MMA with his constant drops and hit and run tactics.
i know what made mech extremely weak is the hellion nerf.
mech was able to do tons of damage with hellion harass.
players defense got better and hellion got worse.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
hamchan said:
And when you take a 4th while you delay a mech third.

Bio transition off 2 or 3 base into tank support -> air dominance (or zero air) is the way to go imo.

Dooraven

Why did mech players all of a sudden stop going ravens in TvT.. It used to be incredibly popular then they just all of a sudden stopped.

Q8D3vil

now i understand why blizzard was left close position (cheese is much easier to do).
i agree with them on making it viable as it delay scouting for certain races and make cheese harder to do.

Dooraven said:
Why did mech players all of a sudden stop going ravens in TvT.. It used to be incredibly popular then they just all of a sudden stopped.
new bio timings early game kill mech straight away.
you don't want to invest in raven unless you opened banshee because air control is important midgame.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
The most amazing TvT I have ever seen.
Ghost rush (against slow mard marine hellion push) into 3 orbitals into 1 banshee saving his ass into viking bait into 1-1 marines into 2-2 marines into win.

Q8D3vil

Hazaro said:
The most amazing TvT I have ever seen.
Ghost rush (against slow mard marine hellion push) into 3 orbitals into 1 banshee saving his ass into viking bait into 1-1 marines into 2-2 marines into win.
i still cant believe he held that push
his gf was screaming mules the whole game lol.

Everyone's going to benefit from this, except for maybe some of those who don't have much potential in the pro leagues beyond what they've accomplished so far, and have only been put up on a pedestal because they've been playing as long as they have. The best of the best moving from BW to SC2 means we're going to see a TON more exciting games and newer builds and timings being developed.

Can't wait.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Hazaro said:
Give A teamers money to play BW, fund B teamers for SC II.
Everyone stays happy, right? Right?
there seems to be a real concern over the "fairness" of starting sc2 a year+ after the current crop of gsl players. i can't imagine even the most entrenched brood war pro being happy to extend this period, giving their own b-teamers the opportunity to leap frog them.

zlatko

Banned
Pai Pai Master said:
Everyone's going to benefit from this, except for maybe some of those who don't have much potential in the pro leagues beyond what they've accomplished so far, and have only been put up on a pedestal because they've been playing as long as they have. The best of the best moving from BW to SC2 means we're going to see a TON more exciting games and newer builds and timings being developed.

Can't wait.

Why do you hate Jinro so much?

zlatko said:
Why do you hate Jinro so much?

XD Not naming any names...though I do think most foreigners are screwed! Just like I think the new GSL rules will weed out some of those that don't really belong in Code S, this should be pretty good for getting the lesser players out of the top of the SC2 pro-scene in general. Those who are basically there just because there's not the same level of competition that BW has enjoyed for so long.

The question is when and how much they're going to move over. Everyone? Just certain groups? Next ProLeague season or wait for HotS? I can't wait.

ezrarh

As much as I love broodwar, this is very exciting. I hope Blizz can increase the skillcap even more in HotS so Bisu can take advantage of it and dominant everybody, except for Flash of course. The tears from TL are also hilarious. It'll be interesting to see how they develop the kespa SC2 proleague. Kespa vs Gomtv could be a AFC vs NFC thing but we'll see where they take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom